Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Case 3

lol at the knockoff Steel Samurai theme and Rayfa's flustered animation. Also I hope it turns out that Rayfa is a huge Plumed Punisher fan.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Case 4:

There should have been an anime cutscene of Taka buying the sweet buns.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Case 5:

Armie Buff's design reminds me of someone else, but I can't place it. Also her mom is badass and I love the misdirection in that part of Armie's backstory.

"During the fire My mom cradled me in her arms....

...then she kicked out a window and jumped out."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

cloofish posted:

Tell that to my friend Dick Gumshoe. :(

They still remember he exists at least, Case 5 spoilers:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Finished the game, excellent game with great character except the case 4 defendant gently caress him.

Case 5 Trail 2:
I gotta give them credit for not abusing Ga'ran's law rewriting gimmick, she only it abused once and that was when she cornered. All the other times she did it it helped move the trial forward which is nice. Two minor nitpicks though, I was waiting for Rayfa's "That's enough!" soundclip to shut up her mom or when Nayhuta was giving his spiel after his fake confession and it never came. And the other nitpick I feel like they should have reestablished Inga and Rayfa's relationship after her true parents are revealed. I know Inga was a terrible person, but he seemed to legitimately care about Rayfa because of the birthday card in his safe and it would have been nice to be reminded of it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What's wrong with Bucky? The only thing about him that annoyed me was that he came to court drunk. That's not helping your case, man.

Also, the subtle pun of the soba chef becoming sober made me groan when I realized it

And More posted:

That's his entire character, though. He's some drunk idiot who is so bad at holding his liquor that he can't even testify.

Yeah I was being harsh when I said gently caress him, he's just annoying, but his too drunk to take the stand thing is the worst part about him because that means he never gets anything else going for him so there is nothing there to make me care for him besides being serious about inheriting the noodle shop which is bad since I'm defending the guy.

Also that pun is definitely great.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone know who handles the DLC case defense and prosecution?

I just wanna know if any of the new characters will be interacting with ---Larry Butz---

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Yeah, but what about (6-5 first half spoilers) Paul Atishon? He finally lived his dream, but only for a moment!

He mentions that in his post.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like Larry because of Edgeworth's reaction whenever it turns out he's involved in a case.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DLC
It's hosed up that Phoenix doesn't take his daughter to the wedding at the end.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Amppelix posted:

lol if u think oldbag is capable of dying

Anything is possible with the power of love.

That's why Edgeworth was so against it in the DLC.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gameko posted:

I think these Phoenix games would be a lot more interesting if the relationships developed more over time. The characters age but how they relate is just status quo. Phoenix should have kids with one of these leading ladies by now.

He has Iris at least even though she is still in jail (maybe?)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AlphaKretin posted:

Nah her crime was on the level of like, Adrian, and she got out the next year.

I see, I can only imagine it ending after Phoenix awkwardly introducing Trucy to her.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I hope so too. Though I still like the multiple attorneys thing DD and SoJ has had. So i'd be down for a game with Athena in 3 cases and Apollo in 2. Athena'd be pretty easy to grow as well since she's got her whole time in Europe that could be expanded upon like how Apollo got extra backstory for his childhood each game.

Well if he tells him over the phone he might avoid the punch for a bit. But it won't matter because we all know Apollo and Trucy will find out when Lamiroir is killed and Apollo gets accused for it.

Phoenix won't even tell him, he'll just let Apollo figure it out during the case.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pick posted:

I didn't mind so much because it was a very intentional nostalgia episode. However, she could have just been on vacation or something.

However, for a nostalgia episode, it REALLY could have USED some GUMSHOE I am STILL MAD HE IS GONE

It feels like Gumshoe should have been there instead of Ema. Her testimony in the first day felt like a Gumshoe testimony.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I think i'm mostly just annoyed that they made her Gumshoe 2.0 instead of, you know, her own character. She was already established in older games as being really smart for her age. It's fine if they just user her opening testimony on the crime scene to make the player go "WAIT A MINUTE THAT DOESN'T ADD UP AT ALL" to get the player hyped up for the rest of the trial. I just think they could do it without having Ema go "Whaaaaat?! I never noticed that!" when it's her job to know this stuff.

This. This is the thing that annoys me most about the ghost-summoning mecha-samurai loving lawyer anime game.

Her testimony feels like they planned to have Gumshoe there, but didn't have the time or money to make it happen so Ema got thrown in there instead. It is a very Gumshoe testimony.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 9, 2016

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheKingofSprings posted:

Are you living in some alternate world where there wasn't an entire case about a guy's obsession with revenge against the Gramaryes

E: Or where the main character of that game is the main character of this one

Or the mobile port that just came out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Eat Your Hamburgers, Waffleman

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Capcom just took down the fan subbed DGS from youtube. Anyone know if they have done something like this before? The videos have been up for more than a year so it's weird that they got taken down now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Haifisch posted:

Disclaimer: The nostalgia doesn't include Gumshoe. hosed up but true.

Ema's Gumshoe esque testimony makes this even more hosed up.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

KA-TONK

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Capcom just stealth released Spirit of Justice on Android/IOS today.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bongo Bill posted:

Poor Iris.

I like to think that ended becuase Phoenix hosed up introducing Trucy and scared off Iris becuase she thinks that Trucy is actually his daughter.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lechtansi posted:

I'm playing through AAI-2 and i'm not enjoying it. When does it kick in? I'm halfway through the 3rd case and I can barely get myself to keep going.

I love the game, but it sounds like you should put it down.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MegaZeroX posted:

So, Dai Gyakuten Saiben now has a translation patch for the first four episodes. There is one for both Android and 3DS.

Wait DGS got a phone port?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MechaX posted:

"Defend Kiryu Kazuma on the stand as he's being accused of murder, in addition to 582 counts of assault, 1180 counts of assault with a deadly weapon, public intoxication, and property damage"

"Your honor Kiryu Kazuma doesn't kill"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE2ojmIEVaA

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/pokeprotos/status/1328304824060809216

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Klavier had the most beautifully animated air guitar sprites.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fur20 posted:

it's not so much that gumshoe presents the wrong evidence as it is he misses things or interprets them wrongly to the benefit of a prosecution that has no interest in correcting him, and setting the record right is basically what you do every time he's on the stand

When I realized this is what was happening to Ema in SoJ's DLC I was so disappointed.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That entire sequence has to be the best joke in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They're just going to dump it on online without saying anything and we'll only find out through some twitter rando.