Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

Truly a classic, but it's only the second most infamous and haunting Spider-Man story where our hero gets smacked in the head by masonry.

Spidey Super Stories #8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh no! Jonah mutated! Now he has two heads. He can belittle robbie snd fire parker at the same time!

The J. is for Janus.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Right now, he has the strength of a spider. Not the proportional strength.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

"If I were not Alexander, I would wish to be Jameson."

"If I were not Jameson, I would also wish to be Jameson."

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Why does this comic's Sunday strips always have such huge gutters?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

joehonkie posted:

It had to be reformatted to fit a few possible shapes and sizes based on the specific paper.

Okay, thank you.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's a Christmas miracle.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Syncopated posted:

They liked the scene where Spidey pulls an angry raccoon out of a spaceship so much they drew it twice.

Some people don't get Sunday papers and some only get Sunday papers, so they repeat things so that there's narrative continuity (such as it is) even if you read only one or the other, and also even if you occasionally skip a day.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

They're in New Mexico. That's a coyote, not a stray dog.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The gun has a few elements in common between panels 5 and 6, but then in panel 7 it's just a pistol.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Isn't he supposed to be strong?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What is he swinging from?

Wait, didn't they drive there?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I haven't been paying attention. Does pointless repetition belong in the Newspaper Spider-man thread?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Knormal posted:

So then a full week of The Amazing Spider-Man and his wife talking to two old ladies, and they still haven't set up anything, or even managed to make it inside the hotel yet. Never change, Newspaper Spider-Man.

Spider-Man is a soap opera comic strip, and it should be interpreted as such.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Wait so why didn't Aunt May just drink from the fountain of youth so she wouldn't have old people health problems that kept her from living in Mole Land?

Because this jerk controls it, probably.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

In a story where a troglodyte who literally lives under rocks is planning a wedding with an octogenarian... Spider-Man is creepier by a county mole mile.

The proportional creepiness of a spider.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Why does this exist, and why did I watch the whole thing?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

She walks through he cold ashes of the Burned Earth as the universe slowly winds down, succumbing to entropy.

The next next go around will be better, May vows, I will do things differently. That loving punk Thanos will pay.

She would never say or even think the word "loving."

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Begemot posted:

lethal system

Good typo.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ten tickles.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Little late to stop Aunt May being a widow.

I can't believe he forgot about Uncle Ben

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You have to drink it for it to take effect. Being submerged in it won't do.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Spider-Man stories aren't allowed to have happy endings.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

In NSM, only evil wizards take selfies.

Peter's job is literally taking selfies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mulva posted:

It's a few times, but if it was just him it's like hey....sometimes Steve needs to be a werewolf. Throwing Sam in there and now it's this thing where evidently lycanthropy is a fundamental American characteristic or some poo poo.

A curse resulting in uncontrollable shocking brutality that is later bitterly regretted but seemingly incurable? Sounds pretty American to me.

• Locked thread