Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TheCenturion posted:

Kreia wasn't grey. She was out and out Sith, but claimed to be grey to confuse you and open you to the Dark Side. :colbert:

That said, I prefer the idea that Jedi practice peace and tranquility for practical reasons, rather than the silly idea that being angry is a bad reason to do things.

Hard to be Sith when your whole goal is to destroy the Force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Moon Slayer posted:

I think one of the best things about the Star Wars setting is that you can do pretty much any kind of story in it and make it work. High fantasy? Check. Western? Check. Noir? loving check. Hell, tell me you wouldn't watch a police procedural set in the Star Wars universe.

I'd love a Cold War spy thriller. Old Republic vs Sith Empire running operations against net each other as each side tries to not openly provoke war and doing various proxy conflicts

Funky Valentine posted:

Old Republic Netflix, aka "Revan and HK-47's Excellent Adventure"

Also this

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Covok posted:

Sith can't become force ghosts. *adjusts nerd glasses*

Tell that to all the Sith Ghosts who lived in my Sorcerer's head not to mention my Sith Lord Ghost Dad in ToR :colbert:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

bunnyofdoom posted:

honestly, I think I know who she is voting for this election

EDIT: Correction, she's English.

Double Edit: Yes she was a brexiter, and dear god, don't go to her twitter page

Karen Traviss being a brexiter is the funniest poo poo

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

But how do you resolve disagreements over backstory, when those backstories are used to create context and motivation for characters in other works? Without a system of canon you don't have a coherent universe and you end up with the ridiculous poo poo you see in comics.

No see those are just constraints the dullards use to keep the creative souls down, man.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

IronSaber posted:

Oh lord, the TIE Electronic Warfare is just a Bomber with an AWACS dish glued to it.

And the TIE Experimental mk. 1 looks like it was designed by dyslexic engineers.

And what the hell is the difference between a T.I.E. Fighter and a TIE Fighter?!

Lots of AWACS are just planes with a radar dish bolted on

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
They are usually converted passenger planes or cargo haulers or bombers that are eventually dedicated electronic warning system platforms.

Smaller ones also exist though.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TheBigBad posted:

George saw Rogue One.

and he liked it.

*looks ticket for Friday morning*

*nervously tugs collar*

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

MonsterEnvy posted:

Then they all would have died

We don't know they made it out :(

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TheBigBad posted:

The whole Jedi purge is an exaggeration. There are plenty of Jedi still around during the original trilogy. Obi-wan and Yoda are both very unreliable narrators.

Everyone writer making their special snowflake Jedi being able to survive Order 66 and the subsequent Purge was and is dumb

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I thought it was pretty cool that Vader lived in Barad-dur

tsob posted:

So why do you think the Ahsoka v Vader battle was stupid out of interest?

I don't think it was stupid I personally enjoyed it very much but I do believe that Jedi aside from Kenobi and Yoda surviving the purge has a rapid diminishing return. If Aayla "French Commander Shepherd" Secura dies I don't see why your fav should live either :colbert:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Kenobi's back yard is just a pit of mummified corpses of Jedi and Sith who wander onto his sand lawn

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 21, 2016

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chickenwalker posted:

If you're worried about the implications of Kanan and Ezra being alive circa ANH, just remember that Star Wars ended when Lucas stopped making them and that these stories are all stupid fanfiction.

Wizard!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BigRed0427 posted:

Was The Clone Wars any good? I tend to avoid stuff related to the Prequel Trilogy.

It's good

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

VolticSurge posted:

Why? They're just as incompetent.

The worst Stormtroopers have done is have boring conversation while on duty. They don't have comical voices with wacky behaviors.

Aphrodite posted:

Why would you build an inaccurate robot?!
Corrupt business people frequently cut corners to lower costs to the detriment of their products intended use. Like APC armor that explodes when shot

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 12, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

kingcom posted:

Because nobody had figured out that the clones are the best part of the show yet.

It certainly wasn't Ahsoka.

Yeah, you heard me :colbert:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Medullah posted:

I think Kanan is intended to be mostly unlikable. He's a Jedi who got thrust into the position of pseudo-Master without any of the proper training. He's trying to stick to the "old ways" of Jedi training while being forced to learn that those ways are really no more.

Can't wait to see Luke gently caress it up with Rey.

I hope he does the Joker laugh while riding on her back.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

IronSaber posted:

So I heard from a """source""" that in a future season Kyle Katarn and Prince Xizor are being reintroduced/recanonized.

Take that with a rather large grain of salt, but my mind reels at the possibilities...

Give me Revan or give me death :colbert:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I like Sabine's mom says to put her in a cell and Sabine pulls a weapon and the other Mandalorians are like "no...stop...:effort:"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I just thought it was funny the guards were terrible.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Roach Warehouse posted:

You can tell Jango's not a real mandalorian because rather than telling Obi-Wan he's just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe, he would have gone on a long rant about the honour and strength of Mandalore.

How do you know somebody is Mandalorian?

They'll loving go on about the glories of their proud and noble people while sprinkling in dumb words like Mando'a in the first five minutes of talking to them.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Cross-Section posted:

Yep, that was a pleasant little surprise. You start the Binary Sunset cue, you best let it finish. :colbert:

Also, this Pablo tweet from earlier should provide a bit of insight as to what they were going for in regards to the climax of the episode:

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/843105374601465856

All that scene in the climax needed was Kambei Shimada from Seven Samurai kneeling to the side and murmering. "look at their stances, it's so obvious"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I remember reading in a book when I was a kid about Luke sitting in Obi Wan's house, staring at a forge and using the Force to remove all the impurities in a light saber crystal and practically making GBS threads himself as a moments distraction would cause the whole thing to explode and probably kill him. I always liked the idea as I thought the idea that a Jedi having a light saber was an implicit acknowledgement of their mastery of the Force and Luke getting his as an inheritance was a sloppy short cut due to desperation

What was that from? I don't think it wa the novelizations of the movies but maybe it was?

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 21, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

thrawn527 posted:

So not a novelization of the movies, but about as close as you can get, given the weird history/project surrounding that book.

No wonder I forgot! Yikes!

MrJacobs posted:

Who would he have killed in Episode 3? Obi Wan and Anakin have to live.I mean he killed a fair number of jedi in the Clone Wars.

It was a big ol space battle. Not hard to cram a couple more Jedi to get chumped to make Grievous look menacing despite being a robotic luchador

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

OhFunny posted:

I wonder if we'll have an episode concurrent with Rogue One from the Ghost crew's point of view or if the show will end before then.

Gonna be real sad to see the look on Hera's face right before the Ghost gets smeared across the bridge window of the Deveststor :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Angry Lobster posted:

Maybe, but still an rear end in a top hat though.

It's not that you're wrong, Bendu, its that you're an rear end in a top hat!

• Locked thread