Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Not even "net week". Tuesday. Just 3 days from now. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I like that they're finally using code names. The MCU has been very shy about that. We've never heard them utter the names Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, or Mockingbird. Now they finally use Quake and Ghost Rider.

MrAristocrates posted:

Hah, S.A.D.I.S.T.

Doesn't S.H.I.E.L.D. do that in the comics all the time? Come up with all kinds of acronyms?

Proposition Joe posted:

Apparently SHIELD is now run by Friend Computer.

It sure sounds like it, citizen.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SiKboy posted:

The constant use of initials and acronyms makes me wonder if the director is going to end up giving us the MCU version of AIM and/or MODOK.

A.I.M. already showed up in Iron Man 3.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

What security level color do you think the director is?

Azhais posted:

Ultraviolet obviously

This is the correct answer. Anyone who gave any other answer is a commie mutant traitor, and must immediatly report to Friend Computer for termination. Have a nice day!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Marvel can literally do no wrong right now.

Counterpoint: Removing Hunter from this show.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Countercounterpoint: Putting him back on now that there's nothing for him to do :getin:

If he comes back, that will be great. But I'm not counting on it... :smith:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

bloodychill posted:

I was hoping with the "right to the action" season-opener that we wouldn't get the slow-drip yet again but they wouldn't even say the director's name for reasons I don't understand and it made it a little awkward. Also Mack and Fitz just blew a perfectly decent opportunity to apprehend Daisy because they were emotionally hurt. Come on, show.

They said his name. When Coulson and May walk into his office, he says, "Phillip!", and Coulson responds with, "Jeffery.".

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

These are some weird ghosts. They can become tangible whenever they want. It'll probably be explained/it probably has to do with the Darkhold changing them, but it's just wierd.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

We're going to find out that Daisy left S.H.I.E.L.D., yes, but she's also spearheading the Secret Warriors. He team consists of herself, Yo-Yo, Joey, Bobbi & Hunter.

It's the perfect way to bring them back.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mastajake posted:

She was the senator on the news show she was watching, where she railed against the new SHIELD. I imagine the incomplete inhuman is her motivation.

Also her brother, as she said she was at her brother's house.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

HQ is compliant with all workplace regulations.

OSHA

: The Director sure loves his acronyms...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Senerio posted:

Someone I was talking to pointed out that while we, and the characters we tend to follow, know the codenames for the main superheroes, the average guy on the streets doesn't, besides people like Tony Stark and Captain America.

There's also the fact that even in the movies, they've almost never uttered any codenames. We've never heard them say Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, or Black Panther. War Machine was practically a throw-away line in Iron Man 2, Winter Soldier was apparently the name of the program the Russains used to make people like Bucky, and I don't recall them saying Ant-Man in his movie, though it might have been a throw-away line as well.

They all just call each other by their regular names, except Steve, whom they alternate between calling Cap and Steve.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Proposition Joe posted:

A.I.M. made a fake Mandarin that pretended to be a part of the Ten Rings. The Ten Rings are a real organization in the MCU though and apparently because of a Marvel short there is a real Mandarin as well.

So, I don't know, maybe we'll get the Mandarin in Agents of SHIELD because they aren't going to be making more Iron Man movies and they're introducing magic?

RDJ has changed his position, and wants to do a 4th Iron Man.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Now that Mace has taken S.H.I.E.L.D. public again, I think this would be a great time to bring Bobbi & Hunter back into the fold.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nah, they said something about James letting them use his watch.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

WarLocke posted:

Season finale is Ghost Rider and the Director having a huge fight as Coulson holds the door closed so we can't see it.

I understood that reference. If they do that, I'll be sooo loving pissed. And I'll blame you.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Poor Mace. He's slowly realizing that the Original Team is just gonna do whatever they want, and that he really has no control over them.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This one loops really well.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

So, the people in the hospitals weren't harmed during the blackouts? The only people who died were a bunch of unlucky helicopter flyers? That's convenient.

Welcome to comics. No unnamed people/bystanders/etc. get hurt unless it's relevant to the plot.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Goons have been pretty good at figuring out this for this show. They knew Skye would become Quake. They knew Mr. Hyde would show up, and was her dad. And others that I've forgotten. They're really good at this poo poo, so if they say Eli is the one who did it, I'm inclined to believe them.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Heads up peeps: SHIELD is taking a three week (at least!) break off after tonight's episode. Election, loving David Blaine Special, and Dancing With The Stars finale, respectively.

That's also nearly the entire November Sweeps period, barring tonight's episode, and a potential episode at the end of November. The likelihood of an even a short season renewal (to round the show out to 100 episodes) is incredibly unlikely.

Edit: That last part is my speculation -- from what I understand, reaching 88 episodes (i.e. the end of this season) is enough to reach minimum syndication requirements, though I understand that they'll get considerably more money for selling 100 episodes rather than 88, which makes a final shortened season renewal a possibility -- provided that they don't throw the 18 Agent Carter episodes in to the mix.

The show is already in syndication. Someone mentioned it in the previous thread.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This time, it's 100% ABCs fault that there's an additional 2 week delay.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

halwain posted:

Maybe they turn her into the MCU version of Jocasta?

Jocasta already showed up in Age Of Ultron, so it's highly doubtful that she'll end up on AOS.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

When Tony's picking a new A.I. for his suit, his hand passes over, then goes back and hovers over J.O.C.A.S.T.A.. Then he moves on to F.R.I.D.A.Y..

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Senator Nadir's lackeys are gonna get lit. Simmons helped him come out of his shell, and then (from his point of view) they kidnap her?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dear PunkBoy,

When making your GIFs for this episode, please make a GIF of FitzSimmons shooting the dude who shot Aida.

Thanks!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

AbstractNapper posted:

Also interesting if the May-bot is not aware that she is a bot (although the logistics of that don't quite work).

In the comics, the LMDs aren't generally aware that they're LMDs, so it could work.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Grinning Goblin posted:

When will John Hannah learn that he can't enslave anything without it turning into a murder machine?

If we're lucky, never. :allears:

Electromax posted:

I think snapping that guy's neck is gonna make it tough to pass off Aida's behavior as 'she was only trying to help'. She could've just KO'd him too if that was really the case.

I didn't trust PR Guy. Something was always just... off about him. I expected to see Senator Nadir show up when he hung up with Mace. Aida probably figured out that he wasn't any good, and prevented another Ward scenario.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I guess Joey's gone off to join Deathlock. Even Mace didn't mention him, just Yo-Yo, Robbie, and Daisy. :smith:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pete's gonnai be Puck. Alpha Flight will be one of the upcoming, untitled movies.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

A Team That Trusts Is A Team That Triumphs. :smug:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

kayakyakr posted:

Well, except for Season 1's twist that this would actually wind up being a good show.

I'm the only person who knew from the very start that this would be a good show. Nobody else believed.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BSam posted:

Oi what about me.

Yay! Fellow True Believer! :hfive:

bring back old gbs posted:

Yeah that was weird, did they even give him a name? They seemed to have spent some money on burned face makeup.

When Daisy brushed up against him in the beginning, I though that he was one of those people who can temporarily borrow other people's powers, but nope. Just a creepy bad guy. Badass, but creepy.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I know it's not gonna happen, but I really really really hope that The Superior is a Ward LMD.

Radcliffe was working with Hive, and Ward was in there somewhere, so maybe Radcliffe was able to extract Ward's memories...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

AbstractNapper posted:

Did this show always have a subtitle for the season or half-season arc, or did they just start this year?
(I think it's just this year, but then again I am really bad at remembering certain stuff)

BlueBayou posted:

They kind of did Inhumans and Secret Warriors before right?

but maybe not formal subtitles

They did it for Secret Warriors, and they did it for the H.Y.D.R.A. twist. This is the first season where every episode has started with one, though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

I know it's not gonna happen, but I really really really hope that The Superior is a Ward LMD.

Radcliffe was working with Hive, and Ward was in there somewhere, so maybe Radcliffe was able to extract Ward's memories...

Another thought for something that won't happen:

Aida was the first LMD that worked properly. There had to be Alpha and Beta tests. Maybe Radcliffe made a Ward LMD during the Beta Test phase...

Also, they should use LMDs to bring Hunter back.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The way I see it is this:

Coulson has learned that he still has to play by new rules. He thought that by being in charge again, and leaving the politics to Mace, he could ignore the new rules, and run things like he used to. His failure has shown him that, no, things really have changed, and that he better adapt, because he won't like the consequences if he doesn't.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

Was he actually a HYDRA agent? Not everyone there was.

No, he wasn't.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

That was a pretty good episode. I guess I'm literally the only person on earth who doesn't see what the big deal is with Oswalt. It's probably because the first several times I've heard about him, it's been from him wading into the sea of human feces that is twitter *ahem* activism.

Nah. I'm right there with you. I don't really care for him. His character(s) on AOS are fine, but beyond that, I don't care.

bloodychill posted:

In any case, dude is in a library and he doesn't swap the Darkhold out of the bag before confronting the bad guys. That last scene was very sloppily composed too. How did the bad guys get away? Why weren't they arrested? No readily apparent answers to these questions.

Was it just my feed, or was the transition to May having the Darkhold poorly done? I saw her ask Coulson if he meant what he said, then it cut instantly to commercial. When it came back, she had the Darkhold, and was pointing a gun at him. It feels something was cut out...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Remember when FitzSimmons wanted to recruit Radcliffe? And how he was part machine/cyborg? Yeah, neither do the writers!

The Lord Bude posted:

Wasn't submarine captain dude the superior?

I think that was a red herring. Radcliffe was told he had to meet The Superior, but the next time we see him, he's supposedly a hostage. The meeting probably happened off-screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Medullah posted:

Yeah no way is he the true "Superior". There will be some big dramatic reveal who it really is.

Alpha LMD Grant Ward.

• Locked thread