Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Good OP, good show. When is the premiere?
Oh it's next week already? That's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That's some unflattering light. Everyone looks sick and depressed.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

MrAristocrates posted:

It kinda sucks that they couldn't get an Asian to play the Ancient One but Tilda Swinton is an amazing choice for the direction they're taking that character but also it kinda makes you realize how most of the Asians seen the MCU are literal ninjas.

I guess it's a good thing that Agents of SHIELD is different. Who do we have hereanyway? May, Daisy, Daisymom. Telekinetic hydra cook(? To be honest, I don't really remember his race.) That's all i can think of right now- As far as I'm aware, none of them are literal ninjas.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'd like to see the contract that forced them into doing this stuff:

Disneys lawyers are really draconian. You should see what the movie cast has to put up with.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So now May is one of the countless people in the MCU who came back from the death.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Well yes. But it's technically correct.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So, the people in the hospitals weren't harmed during the blackouts? The only people who died were a bunch of unlucky helicopter flyers? That's convenient.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Goons have been pretty good at figuring out this for this show. They knew Skye would become Quake. They knew Mr. Hyde would show up, and was her dad. And others that I've forgotten. They're really good at this poo poo, so if they say Eli is the one who did it, I'm inclined to believe them.

To be fair, the people in these threads usually throw everything at the walls and see what sticks.
I predict that Fitz dies, the weird book turns him into a ghost and they manage to fuse him to an android body. It's kind of a strain to his relationship with Simmons.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of this season so far. Last season hit the ground running. But this one feels more like it's continuously trying to set up something without much happening. Maybe I just don't like broody ghost stories.

Will there be a Doctor Strange tie-in? I don't want to be spoilered for the movie. If the following episode has a spoiling substory, it might actually be good to have a 3 week gap between episodes.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 1, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Mr Beens posted:

Dr Strange got released in the UK last week.

Strange Spoiler in how it could relate to AoS
there is no connection to AoS - there is barely any connection to the other Marvel films.
That's always been a one way street.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Pan Dulce posted:

So... who has the book right now?

Aida. In her head. In some form LMayD too, I guess.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

OB_Juan posted:

Is there a new episode tonight, or have we entered the hiatus?

If anything it would be tomorrow. But that was the midseason finale.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

OB_Juan posted:

Truly I am the best at time.
To be fair, it's a hard concept. Literally no one ever understood it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I wonder what's so expensive about GR, the flaming head effect doesn't look all that much better than Firestorm's flames on LoT.

Who? What's LoT?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
As much as we all like Mack and his shotgunaxe, I want to see a story where Aida kills him and the only ones who can prove that it was actually Radclifes fault is the desperate insurance company which really really doesn't want to pay out the insane robots uprising premiums.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

hangedman1984 posted:

Very important question!
What colour is their lanyard?

All of them!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

They also have a sister!

Will Oswalt also play her?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Slashrat posted:

Bahrain incident

Can you jog my memory?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Alexeythegreat posted:

Fitz is setting up the stage for a fight between a good Fitz-Aida vs an evil Radcliffe-Aida
The latter is turning into a violent maniac already anyway

He keeps trying to subdue her and commands her not to kill people. It wont be long before she will attack him. This time for real.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Dropping the crystals in SALT water. How you gonna get saltwater up in the mountains. (Besides the teleporting fella, OBVIOUSLY.)

It is said that it can be manufactured. But nobody knows the recipe.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So May managed to win when reliving her worst and most significant memory? That is a mayor turning point in her life. Rewriting that would lead to brain shattering inconsistencies quite fast. The end of the episode already hints at that, since she wouldn't have been separated from Andrew in that timeline. May will be incredibly confused once she wakes up and has to remember what actually happened in Bahrain.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why can't they just conventionally drug May?

Because she's May. She would probably fight against the sedatives so much that the only way to keep her asleep for a long while would be to OD her.

Also they want to study her brain in a quasi natural environment I, guess.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I kinda like May-Not. She is a really conflicted character. On the one hand, she thinks exactly like May, harbors the same feelings and is very loyal, on the other hand she is pretty much Radcliffe's slave, because her core programming forces her to like doing that. This is actually some really creepy brainwashing. If he had done the exact same thing to a real human, by conditioning her to stimuli, until she couldn't tell anymore what she genuinely likes and what she was programmed to, he would appear even less sympathetic than right now.

If we assume that she is basically a human, then Radcliffe is a crazy psychopath who locks women into prisons until Stockholm syndrome sets in and he can rewrite their thoughts. The poor robot has no idea if she actually likes Phil, or if that was just part of the ruse she was forced to perform.

Also the relationship between Phil and May is really unsymmetrical right now. From his perspective, over the past few weeks it actually developed into something tangible and real, while May experienced nothing like that and still thinks of Coulson as a close friend. She may have had those feelings before, but deeply buried and maybe she wasn't even aware of them.
What I'm saying is that May will be really confused once Coulson finds her, wakes her up and decides to kiss her. Especially considering the fact that she's hanging out in the Inceptionmatrix for a while now.

This story arc is really hosed up if you think about it.
But it is fun.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He's also reprogramming the real May by making her relive altered versions of one of her defining life experiences. :ssh:

"What the hell do you think you're doing there, Phil? You know that I am happily married to Andrew for years now. We have several children!"

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 1, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

OB_Juan posted:

Also, I think they showed that their relationship was angling in that direction just before the swap. Not that it will matter - however May comes out of the Bahrain loop, she may or may not (haha puns) feel the same way.

That's a bit hard to say. I guess the first real tell was that bottle they wanted to open for a long time. So it would be right on the edge. He proposed it to the real one but actually shared it with the LMD the same evening. That's some terrible timing. Poor Melinda was looking forward to that booze.

I really like this story line. A mostly sentient robot clone with the same memories isn't exactly a groundbreaking idea, but I am invested in those characters and actually like the actors.

Man, I am quite a big fan of this series. There isn't really a main character I don't like. Personally, I think the "worst" of the characters might be Mack.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 1, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

Aidos.

Hey that work's on so many levels. :)

That's actually quite clever.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Hope she was GOP.

On the one hand she was from New York.
On the other hand, she came to power after a massive act of war and destruction caused the people to be afraid, by further promoting fear and discrimination. So probably yes.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 8, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Piriwi posted:

The Russian will probably start to mix his vodka with some Mace juice.
And just to be clear... he is the Superior right? Last episode people here were talking about other possibilities, but I figured there was supposed to be no doubt that it was him.... then the intro of this episode made it sound as if he is actually yet another henchman.

I am actually really sure he wouldn't do that. That Russian dude is really into this concept of natural, pure human power, earned through hard and painful training. Taking steroids is the last think he would want to do.

As for weather he's the Superior: I guess we can't ever be sure, but all signs point to yes. He is a militant Russian millionaire, who payrolls everything and has the power to order people to kill the senator. And he certainly believes his ideology. If there was actually someone above him, that person would have to have some serious pull.

Also the show probably wouldn't let disregardable Henchman #4 read through the Darkhold.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
RIP Davis, leader of the red shirts. We all knew it was just a matter of time.

The episode really owned and I love the Dalton is back.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

He clearly survived the episode -- he flew the jet.

Huh, I thought he was the guy who was all to eager to examine Fitzbits corpse.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Mymla posted:

Uh, surely every episode is finished before the show even starts airing?

I once read a post of a person who basically said "Uh, surely banks have always enough cash in vault to pay out all clients?" Your statement is about as true as that one.
It's even worse for Japanese animations. Apparently they tend to finish episodes on the date it airs.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Wonder who else might show up alive and different in this sim. Hell maybe Simmons finds out she is part of some Shield underground resistance and we see guys like Tripp and Hunter again. Radcliffe is probably going to show up as the Architect near the end.

Daisy probably has to get her powers again so maybe we see Cal show up again!

In this timeline, Coulson wasn't around. So May became buddies with Garret instead. I'd love to see Bill Paxton again.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Dracorion posted:

No, it was very much the Framework. The memory was modified to have May and Coulson leaning towards dating each other. This is what I took from it, considering May says she won't see "the psychiatrist" who is very obviously supposed to be Andrew.

Nah that was an actual flashback. She was in the earliest phase of her relationship with Andrew and hasn't had high hopes yet. They decided to give each other a try over a drink if that relationship turned out to be bad. instead, May and Andrew turned out to be a good couple. Then Bahrain happened and she kinda lost interest in dating. Several years late Coulson digs her back up from her desk work grave. Eventually this made her get together with Andrew. And then that whole Lash-thing happened. Suffice to say, the relationship ended quite poorly. A few months later, once May was sort of over her ex, Coulson finally offered her that drink. Unfortunately, that was the day she was replaced by a LMD. This shows universe clearly doesn't want certain characters to be together.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

OK, who is this June person?

May++

OB_Juan posted:

Unfortunately, we've all missed the term up till now.
Skyenet
Nah, that was already the singular.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Does it really matter though? The Daisy LMDs don't have inhuman abilities so what does it matter? Just bring back Robbie Reyes and the metal melting family man guy and melt the drat robots.

But we need a cool fight scene. Quake vs the other 20 Daisys. I bet Chloe Bennet would love to do that.

By the way, I love that the official twitter account makes the same silly puns as us.
https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/834286878299787264
Also I made a pretty good guess when I said 20.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 23, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder if Daisy's hacking knowledge would let her hack the Framework from within and she can give herself God Mode or something.

I don't think she's fluent in that programming language.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
All American style sausages are gross.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ApathyGifted posted:

I doubt it took much convincing by an agent, if there was any at all, to not use "Wang" as a professional name in America.

Yes. The reason she changed her name probably isn't that the audience is biased against Chinese people and their names. Chloe Bennet sounds just way cooler while Chloe Wang is simply a name which wouldn't really get publicity in Hollywood. (At least not the good kind). And a huge amount of artist names are made up, to the point where no one would even know the original one. Just ask Norma Jean Mortensen, Joaquin Rafael Bottom, Mark Sinclair Vincent or Olivia Jane Cockburn.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Vera Wang rolls of the tongue way better than Chloe Wang

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011