Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PunkBoy posted:

I can see Ming-Na Wen voicing May is she's in, and it would be amazing if she had a special intro with Chun-Li.

"For you, it's calling in The Calvary. For me? It's Tuesday."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The current MCU Ghost Rider is on this show, and I like Ghost Rider and want to stare at evil people in a video game super bad.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zebulon posted:

Apparently so. You'd think they'd be eager to drag Deathlok in on this one. If only to show they can rely on more than just Inhumans.

I'm always up for more GunnDethlok.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't she say she had been working on her powers early on this season? I took that to mean that she has extended the time a little bit.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
May actually seems less robotic than normal.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

No you're right, AoS never had any real promise.

Barry Convex and Dan Didio have left a void in this topic. A new challenger approaches.

:v:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
We'll know pretty soon.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hell's Kitchen, Hell's Kitchen. Hell's Kitchen? Harlem. Harlem? Hell's Kitchen.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
No, the fish oil doesn't have the bad alien metal/tech in it, it's not water soluble and therefore is safe. The alien metal/tech is just laying in a pile where it was dropped into the ocean.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Open Source Idiom posted:

I would love this. If the next season is indeed the final season (it's increasingly looking like we'll get a thirteen episode set or nothing at all) then they should put time aside to do that. Or a super silly comedy episode, like the Dollhouse one where they all get drugged.

What leads you to say "increasingly likely to be a thirteen episode set or nothing at all?"

Because people have been saying stuff about this show since the beginning, you know?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PunkBoy posted:

Channing Dunney, head of ABC's entertainment division:
Season 4 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been creatively the strongest season we’ve had yet. The episodes just keep getting better and stronger. And that’s another one for us that we moved from 9 to 10 and yet even though the HUD levels are softer at 10, the live-same-day has remained the same and that’s another one of our shows which regularly goes up triple digits over the seven-day period, anywhere from 100 to 110 percent

Entertainment Weekly:
So you see a future for S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Dunney:
Absolutely. I’m very bullish on S.H.I.E.L.D. and we’re also really excited about our production with Marvel, ABC Studios, and IMAX, which we are working on for next fall as well.
From http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/10/abc-scandal-free-fall-lineup-once-upon-time/

I've read this.

Of corse we all know that all management are lying liars that tell lies, but, I don't really see this show being cancelled any time soon.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Dropping the crystals in SALT water. How you gonna get saltwater up in the mountains. (Besides the teleporting fella, OBVIOUSLY.)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Azhais posted:

Also it's not like Hollywood doesn't put female actresses out to pasture once they hit 40

It's a floating age, but there is a cutoff.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Doggles posted:

If you think that's bad, warp on over to the Star Trek thread. On top of a nearly year-long delay, the first episode of the new Star Trek series will debut on CBS's broadcast channels, then all subsequent episodes will only be available through CBS's "premium" streaming service. :ughh:

Only in the US. :patriot:

Literally every other country gets it on Netflix.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Some people want to have copies of poo poo on hand.

Yes, olds.

;)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

counterfeitsaint posted:

I like AoS well enough, but I couldn't stand to think about it constantly like this.

Some people can't think about things any other way.

The truth is actually in the middle, so...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Anything between two pieces of anything else is a sandwich. It doesn't have to be appetizing, or even edible, but it counts. :colbert:

An "open face" sandwich, while potentially quite tasty, is not a sandwich, unless you take two of them and upend one upon the other.

:colbert:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Phylodox posted:

Nah, man, all good Quebec steamies come in those kind of buns.

The 'steamie' hot dog variety has become quite popular across Canada, now frequently replacing the traditional one. Steamie parlours, called 'wieneries', have opened across Canada and are replacing typical hot dogs at franchised restaurants, too.

Fascinating.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

homullus posted:

He's not grounded. It takes a few episodes before he even wears shoes . . . or showers . . . or changes his clothing. Iron Fist's nuanced strategies for dealing with enemies are 1) go in the front door, punching, and 2) sneak in, punching on the way out. He fights to retain control of a company he visits two or three of times for company (i.e. not anti-Hand) business.

Like, yes, he's more grounded than putting Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Daredevil with the Angel Summoner, but compared to the other Defenders, he is absolutely the group's BMX Bandit.

Almost... almost as if he was a kid raised by Himalayan/Tibetan monks to do nothing but guard a door with punches and therefore has no real adult social skills.

Weird.

Iron Fist is cool and good, you guys.

Mrs. Rainbowbeard really likes Iron Fist, this show and Jessica Jones, she says they're "less fighty" so her eyes don't glaze over like they do when we watch something like The Avengers.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Then why choose Iron Fist if you're not going to use any of the things that makes Iron Fist unique than the hundreds of other characters whose abilities boil down to "super skilled kick puncher"? I don't think it is an unrealistic expectation to expect to see a dragon when it is mentioned several times and is how the character in question got his one super power.

You don't blow your load right away. Gotta tease that dragon reveal out.

I should probably take this over to the Netflix Marvel thread, huh. Okay.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

notthegoatseguy posted:

But Danny told us he and Davos went out to flirt/spy on girls, so it isn't like they had no social interaction besides hardcore training.

Also it would've been nice to see some of this rather than be told it.

Or choose any of the other kick-punch guys in the Marvel universe that don't have mystical elements tied to them.

Don't show everything at once. We saw some eyes. There was something in that cave for sure, but it "wasn't what they expected." Who knows what that even means.

One of the best things the Ultimate Comics universe did was have Loki play with Thor's (and the reader's) head about whether or not Asgard and the Aesir were real and if Thor was or was not a crazy person who insisted he was a Norse god, until the Aesir and the finally showed up via the Bifrost to save the day near the end of Ultimates 2.

Iron Fist does not follow the Hero's Journey ritual the way some people would like. Doesn't make it bad. Sometimes telling and not showing pays off in the long run. It's a gamble, yes, but literally everyone who is not the Hand or Davos has a great reason to think Danny is an idiot (which he is, but for different reasons, he's a barely repressed ball of teenage angst that needs to grow up already) or liar.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

notthegoatseguy posted:

What happened to Raina? Did one of the articles mention her?

Yes, Radcliffe publicly de-powered her as part of an experiment.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Don't worry.

The Son of Coul makes his own soap now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

flosofl posted:

May has broken the conditioning, because she always breaks the conditioning.

May totally remembers the real world, but until now, she's been trapped and alone. She's had to work "undercover" as a Hydra operative just to survive. She's had suspicions of Daisy from the moment Daisy transitioned over. She already knew where everyone else was, but had no idea if they were "real" or constructs. She set things up and arrested Mack just so she could trap Daisy into confirming her suspicion. Next week is going to be May rescuing Daisy from the vivisection table and then they all meet up with Mace and come up with a plan to break out of The Framework.

I suspect something like this is happening.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm hoping that The Superior is gonna be the MCU version of M.O.D.O.K. because M.O.D.O.K. is hella silly but also would be a good fit this way.

Chokes McGee posted:

it's not getting canceled we do this literally every season :ughh:

I know, right? What ever happened to that Barry Convex guy? I need to know; Is S.H.I.E.L.D. Gone?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The MSJ posted:

There's an interview Joss Whedon about his Batgirl movie and predictably he voices some issues he had with Marvel, including him disagreeing with the decision to resurrect Coulson for AoS.

The one thing that makes Joss happy is killing fictional people, but forever, you guys.

A small price to pay, but it is an annoying price.

The MSJ posted:

Framework Ward is technically a ghost. Last season, there was a zombie Ward. Maybe next season Ward becomes Ghost Rider to get the requisite flaming head.

Ghost Rider 2099.

double nine posted:

the "large file transfer" scene will never not be funny to me.

Agreed.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

JBP posted:

If I want to watch the show now (which sounds pretty good) should I watch the previous seasons or can I come in at season two or something? I ask because I know a lot of people didn't like the first couple of seasons as they found it boring.

Well, those people are wrong, but you can skip the first half of season 1 and not really miss anything. Bingewatching the first season isn't anywhere close to as painful as having to wait for each episode to be aired was, though. It really picks up when Hydra is unveiled, it turns everything previously established upside down and goes off the rails in a delightful way.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

OB_Juan posted:

So far, Aida's the only person to use the book and not get monkey-pawed. Looking forward to that.

Becoming self-aware for reals is actually a hell of a monkey paw. It's like Eve eating the Apple.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

After the credits from the last episode it'll pan back to the Russian submarine base, everything all poo poo and destroyed but then the darkhold device pops on and starts not 3d printing another citizen of the framework, who is it? Ward? Tripp? Mace 2.0? find out next season.

This is very likely.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm Irish and my name is Boozagar O'Potatogon.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Phylodox posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if, if we ever actually have Johnny properly on the show, Danny gets obliquely referenced. Just a passing mention of "other Riders", possibly a montage.

Johnny Blaze is the Hal Jordan of Ghost Riders.

There, I said it.

Rhyno posted:

In later runs Johnny discovered he had that power as well.

Can't have a cooler Ghost Rider than Johnny, can we?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mage_Boy posted:

Machine designed only for killing. MODOK.

Nice.

Arist posted:

I really like this show you guys

:same:

Darth Brooks posted:

Oh man, I just realized, Ward's not coming back from the framework. The organic 3-D got destroyed. Bummer.

They can make another one... :(

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PunkBoy posted:

Season 4, Episode 21: The Return
http://i.imgur.com/6aUzQ4s.gifv

:getin:

My wife saw him and was like, "ugh, that guy again?

:(

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ApeHawk posted:

Well, at least Aida has the one vulnerability that all speedster/teleporting people have: no awareness to their surroundings.

Just gotta Icer her again and deal with her later.

MODOK might be more of a problem depending on where he hid his head and how many copies he made of himself.

She will also learn to feel incredible Guilt when Robbie uses the Penance State on her. :getin:

Or drags her to Hel. The one Hela is from. It's Marvel Canon. Who even knows.

Anyway, I read thing thing that said "that's it for Robbie this season, wink, wink," too.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

No, no, we need more information from posters like Barry Convex.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CaveGrinch posted:

Has anyone here ever actually seen a chicken?

:golfclap:

They hadn't.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
What's this talk of reduced budget? By how much?

This is the new "SHIELD is gone," isn't it?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Barry Convex posted:

Apparently, it's still a full season order, so I guess it'll premiere in January and air with minimal to no interruption through May.

https://twitter.com/Snoodit/status/864514521691443200

Oh, you're back. Is SHIELD gone yet?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

achillesforever6 posted:

I hope not because we know what happened the last time they tried spinning off something from this show :smith:

Yeah, but Ghost Rider is actually cool.

Metalshark posted:

I really, really want Abigail Brand on this show now if they do go the SWORD route. Rocking up looking fly as hell and being even scarier than Agent May.

She's a mutant. So...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
In that case, they could have the X-Men on SHIELD.

Which I doubt will happen either.

I mean, it would be cool, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'd love it, personally.

• Locked thread