Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
what happens when u bring up the fact that western educations are so coveted, while nobody from the west ever sends their children to be schooled in china?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fojar38 posted:

Depends on who you're talking to; is it someone who lives in China or a Chinese nationalist living in the West?

Just your typical Haier tantan matchup. The type that complains about chinese stuff then calls you racist when you agree. Thats my favourite.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Baronjutter posted:

I've had this explained to me that the west actually provides a much worse actual education because the tests are easier and western education is lazy and doesn't involve 26 hour a day rote memorization, but due to racism and the west temporarily having too much clout in the world getting a western education carries more prestige. The west and it's education isn't better, it's in fact worse, but due to imperialism and racism a western degree opens more doors so that's the only reason!! It's NOT better and one day (2020??) people from all over the world will more correct respect asian degrees. Westerners don't go to China/Asia for school because they are too lazy and stupid, will fail our much stricter and harder system.

This just makes me want to dovetail the convo to their automobile industry using their previous argument against them.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mimesweeper posted:

This is the best thread there ever was.

it really is

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JaucheCharly posted:

I said she's full of crazy and if you do it there, it's like poking a hole in a water bottle and the crazy will come out like a faucet the moment the penis is removed
lmao

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i will never drive on these roads, so i cannot criticise

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yo go back to telling funny bike stories. i would also enjoy some hosed up/horribly DIYd architecture stories

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ice coffee is weird they have ice caps in canada and they started out coffee flavored but theyre kinda like ice cream now. Anyways it's kind of like a coffee slushee not just a regular coffee wih ice cubes in it. that's gross idk why people like it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BiohazrD posted:

whats going on here exactly

it explained so clearly in the video....

like beyond clearly

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blistex posted:

I just searched for a mockup and found this...

While I know that there are only so many variations/designs for aircraft carriers, and copying a proven design makes sense, it's just a never ending supply of :laffo: to see that China has almost literally created nothing original with regards to military equipment.
Aw even their military has knockoff poo poo? That's where you're actually supposed to spend money

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Atlas Hugged posted:

Watch the way the kid's left arm folds over at the end of the video.

fuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggg i hope the doctor gives him green and blue pills for that one.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zil posted:

Link to full article

The great part about that story is that they also mentioned that in the gift bags that were given out at one of the marathons, there was a bar of grape scented soap. However since the manufacturer had chosen to use English on the wrapper to make it seem exotic, quite a few of the runners thought it was an energy/protein bar and ate the soap.

lmao that does look like a cheap pack of fruit snacks

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

angel opportunity posted:

all this poo poo

could you not have asked if they had a license? and then after they lied to you, ask them to produce the license?

EDIT: "poorly laid in china" made me lmao irl

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 28, 2017

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ron Darling posted:

Does sucking up or looking like a kiss rear end really work with the Chinese? I ask because of this:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/858100088253669376

And I'm rather ignorant on Chinese culture in this regard

If it were any other politician I'd say it was the US trying to force China to save face by agreeing their president was insulted by NK, possibly starting a rift between the countries. But it's trump, and it was over twitter, so lmao ??????

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the tailor gave me much extra fabric on the arms, very good deal

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
whew they are launching an investigation

lmao

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ceciltron posted:

The official who ordered it done has already denied it and blamed a nameless temporary worker.

how?? how could u predict this???

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

A Kiwi friend of mine has married her Chinese husband. She is mid-30s, got married last year. She has had some health issues but seems ok now. Hubby is around the same age and is the 2nd son. A musician (ex indie music scene) and I reckon he's slapped her around at least a couple of times (she had to stay at my place for a couple of nights soon after they got married because all of a sudden he realised he was married and the pressure of being a 'provider' (which he isn't, she supports him) got to him (I got wechat message messages saying he was going to throw all her belongings out of their 6 story apartment if she didn't contact him, usual passive aggressive Chinese emotional bullshit). They could not get married until the older brother had married. And they can't have kids until the older brother has a child first, despite my friend's advancing age (pretty sure she is now 38). I told her they should just go for it but she said nah, can't do it. The MIL would kill them and it would be a total loss of face for the older brother and his wife. How hosed up is that???

ur friends already dead sorry

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the answer is square. or perhaps M. duh.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i thought hot pot was like a pan of boiling oil, but its just hot water? so ur just boiling meat? thats fuckin gross and retarded

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
idk what the hell i thought it was now. I honestly thought it was a cast iron pan over a heat source with a suuuuuper shallow layer of oil and u barely touch the meat to the oil to cook it, just for like a second.

but the google image pics are like:

and u soak the stuff in it and it doesnt even look hot enough to cook ur stuff, though im sure it is

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Efexeye posted:

it's telling how there are so few 'after' pictures of the deliciously-carpaccio-seeming meat actually cooked. it's waterlogged, skinny sliced beef with all the fat rendered out. the plate i posted? each piece results in one bite.

the promise is

the reality is

at least at the one i ate at, you got individual pots of water, they said health code wouldn't allow one big pot for everyone to marinate their chopsticks and poo poo in, maybe that's the difference

i actually did like the rice they make you with the broth to take home, though, that alleviated the 'im still loving starving after sitting here for two hours' aspect of hot pot for me

ohh poo poo, yeah. that first pic is what i was picturing, like exactly. thats what I want. not that gross soup poo poo. that looks disgusting.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bongwizzard posted:

Sorry guys, hot pot looks exactly like fondue but minus the parts (the cheese and chocolate courses) that make fondue good. Like, are you all really so into boiled meats?

ya i thought it was like DIY deep fry :( except shallow and the waitress is from north korea

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gargamel Gibson posted:

So what was the peanut brittle actually? Was it dried poo?

imo it was chunky pussy juice. that what i choose to believe in my heart

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
america next step
to place order for
disproportionate foam hand
to exclaim
we #2

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

big time bisexual posted:

you know a china.mp4 is going to be good when it has ten different watermarks

https://my.mixtape.moe/sdnxvn.mp4

aw man I expected the lady to run out from an alleyway nd catch up to the guy again in those last 30 seconds ala john wick

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yeeahahhh!!!! 2:13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fQOiA2nn-U&t=133s

lmaooooo that 2nd guy regretted that poo poo sooooooo badly i bet

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
we should all hope for such a well framed death

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
surely they used wood glue to secure the scaffolding to the rock

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lmao just mimicking impressive things theyve seen

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Great Autismo! posted:

"our Internet forum is dying. Any suggestions?"
"Let's give a guy who produces an unbelievable amount of free content that keeps people coming back a week long ban"
"sound in theory let's give it a try"

this entire site is run by people pathetic enough to spend their spare time doing the work for free, it tends to attract bottom of the barrel type Z personalities that take genuine pride in lording non-authority over strangers

thats basically every website, but also this one

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

simplefish posted:

Hair Hitler

:eyepop:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

whip posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYFIDsROq8M

is a virgin
does not have any friends
became gay as a survival tactic? :lol:

This is some brutal stuff

:psyduck: i... what? was there no other shirt available? what??

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

im permabanned poster haierstomper58. i first started reading about martial arts when i was about 19. by 21 i got really obsessed with the concept of "qi" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "taiji" and "i should breath into my stomach" in my head for hours, and my stomach would get really round, start getting really bad bloating etc, basically hiatal hernia. im now on proton pump inhibitors. i always wondered what the kind of "Chinese" style of breathing was all about; i think it's the esophagus leaking in to the stomach, what TCM theory considered to be the cause of diabetes and hypertension. i would advise all people who "get" qi to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to acid reflux. HALLOU.

yo these things are rarely that funny but u did real good on this one my man

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
single item factory cities are the most fascinating thing to read about

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Great Autismo! posted:

Haier open an india thread, just try it, would love to read posts about the food and what it's like there, because I would say the odds of me ever going to India are like .5%.

there are India threads. they pop up every time a women gets executed for trying to report a rape to the police. they go really well

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BexGu posted:

The debate is how much money Australia universities will get before altering curriculum to match Chinese propaganda. For Australia sake I hope it mean Australian's get free college.

lmao if you think anybody other than a few education ministers will see a fuckin cent.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

wtf lmaoooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mistle posted:

This is the sort of news which makes a company scour its IT department for breaches, because while it's possible they made it, it's just as likely they stole it, and they have only themselves to blame for that suspicion, as that's their answer to cottage industry manufacturing.

But wow, this seems like the sort of thing you don't point out:

"You assemble iphones and McDonald's kids toys, but this year, TYOOL 2017, is the year you manufactured a ballpoint pen without imports. Just this year. Not 20 years ago, or 10, or even 5, but this year. What have you been signing all your documents with before now? Inkwells and brushes?"

Yeah it's because the tip of a pen needs to be of a surprisingly high quality material with basically zero imperfections or else it won't roll, and it took them this long to hack the germans i guess?

• Locked thread