Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06gvRlOfUv0

Man that is some good poo poo, pity the food is probably contaminated with dioxins and heavy metals. Well, I guess the people just need to protest and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuolpJV4vnY

Well poo poo. BRB, moving to New China, aka Toronto. :grin:

These jpgs have a long and deep history of connectedness with the main OP, please do not question or there will be hurt feelings.

BCR posted:

It is a foggy winter day. The air tastes of burning. On the crossroads people are squatting and burning paper iphone 7 rosegolds to the dead. Bungbungche's line the streets waiting for passengers. A stray dog begs. I go inside the agricultural bank. It is hot inside. People still have their winter coats on in the 30c heat. Everyone but the staff is sweating. Drip, drip, drip. A grandmother is leaning on a mop by a brown bucket. Everyone is sniffling, blowing their noses and hacking onto the floor. I get a ticket and wait. Drip. There are ten counters and three bank tellers. A child starts screaming, then the parents let him go. Off he runs doing laps of the chairs slapping their backs. Drip. Slap. A phone rings next to me. Wei? Wei? Wei? A middle aged woman starts screaming at the bank tellers 'Why is this taking so long? I have important things to do. Why cant you go faster? I need to go to a meeting'. The bank tellers say the sorrys then ignore her. Drip. Slap. Wei? The woman storms off saying she'll have them all beaten up and pulls the fire alarm. Drip. Slap. Wei? Alarm. The tellers start telling people to get out, the banks closed, they need to restart the system. Everyone starts yelling. I walk out and put on my mask. No banking for me today.

Xerxes17 fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

ROFLburger posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about?

You don't understand? Wow way to lose face :smug:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Jeoh posted:

this op is really loving cha buduo btw

But, isn't that the true spirit of Chinar? :china:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

lol why am I not surprised.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Zombie Boat posted:

Gwailo Thread, Op

It very dangrrous for tourists to visit the canals at night.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Should have moved the Han here imho.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

An now the century week of humiliation is over, and China.jpg returns to it's rightful place anong shitposters. :china:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Yo Sheep-goats, what does the Thailand 55555 thing mean?

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

I think it's more of a Bull in a China shop ifyaknowhatimean:grin:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

There are to sides to every coin, and often two roads to every destination. Some choose the Haier path and other choose the 3 principles of FBR. These choices we make stand over us like sentinel trees on the main streets. And once the destination is reached, one has achieved 6.7% GDP growth this financial year and revived the A-shares. This is known as Enlightenment.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Pon de Bundy posted:

why is the dancing so ..uhh ..like basic and not very rhythmic and lol so little effort

And what the gently caress are they saying

The further a people are from Africa, the worse the rhythm and dancing. :biotruths:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

MisterOblivious posted:

We've got a dog and it requires a specific command to even get on the elevator, just to make sure everybody is off the elevator before we instruct the dog to get on. If a dog can learn such standard interactions it shouldn't be difficult for people to learn them.

Dogs have a surprising amount of empathy for humans.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Some good news from Good China :unsmith:

Taiwan set to legalize same-sex marriages, a first in Asia
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e9c5b9c82abe4bc987f820aa104f2893

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ebvI-Fz5I

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Strangely, there seems to be a lot of Russians on wechat in SPB even though most of them use whatsapp.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Magna Kaser posted:

This is a few pages late but fei cheng wu rao kind of owns because everyone is extra weird and dumb on purpose, because most don't actually want to go on dates. Getting a date and finding a match means you leave the show, whereas if you stay on as a big weirdo you stay on TV for longer and can build up some personal reality star brand. They do eventually switch people out but sometimes you get people on for a while.

They get non-Chinese on more and more now which makes it even cringier. A while ago there was some white Canadian dude in a leather suit that came on and was ultra creepy because he was infatuated with one of the girls that had been on the show for a while and tracked down all sorts of really private information and was asking about personal poo poo like her family on this national television show. The whole audience was shocked when she turned him down after he so dutifully stalked her online, and it was all over the internet here for a few days.

fake edit: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/james-alofs i found a Canadian news story about it!

Looks like the Great Firewall has also failed to keep barbarian raiders out.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

That was not something I wanted to read while eating lunch. Goddammit dude, NMS tag that poo poo.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Dicky mouse posted:

This always confuses me on one hand your wife is a traitor on the other hand they love the fruit of her treachery?

They want white skin with Chinese Characteristics.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

We can only hope the little emperor piloting it goes bezerk and crushes the city.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Who the gently caress writes with a 2.3-millimeter ballpoint pen? At 1.0mm I feel like a child doodling, and with the complexity of Chinese characters I'd have thought they'd need smaller tips?

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

Acquisition of ballpoint pen manufacturing technology is the last step to China Ruling the World, brush up on that Mandarin guys.

I thought the point of this was that they wouldn't need brushes anymore? :v:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Sheep-Goats posted:

I had a Korean professor in college for an elective and all I really remember is that he was a man virulently lacking in self assurance, in the most embarrassingly aggressive way.

Sounds like a true Korean.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Kan re nao.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

The Great Autismo! posted:

you can say

丢脸了 - you embarrass yourself/you lose face
没有脸 - you have no dignity/you have no face
素质差 - so uneducated/
不要脸 - you do not want dignity/you don't even want face
叫你生孩子没屁股眼 - i hope your kid is born without an rear end in a top hat
草泥马 / 肏你妈 - gently caress your mother

Could we get some pinyin aswell? These should be useful)

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

:chloe:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY0AMmLuiqk

"Let's listen to the 6 tones of cantonese"
si
si
si
si
si
si

:suicide:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

oohhboy posted:

She has some friends who play badminton that she mentioned on the first day. They rented a court privately sort of(it was amid use sports centre) and it was theirs to do with as they wished so it wasn't like they couldn't do they about it. She just never picked up on that badminton was the primary goal not the dinner which was bonus points.

As I said in the edit actual sports playing people there understood instantly why I didn't play.

Expecting Goons to play sports, lol.

I'm on your side anyway. You'd spend more time buying the equipmwnt than actually using it.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

Going anywhere without high expectations helps.

This. I've been in Russia for about a year now and I'm still yet to get any culture shock or feeling of disappointment over coming here.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

fits my needs posted:

I mean that's just a feature of going to Russia right?

Well it was the first place I've ever traveled to and everything I had read told me to expect it at some point. It just hasn't ever happened, probably because my expectations were set to STALKER level :v:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Ohhhbooyyy this is the point where you stop diggging your hole.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

I just drank "Zhuangshang" baiju. Holy gently caress that kick about a minute after :downsrim:

Edit: I also had a 2nd shot before the first kicked in. Бляяяять!

Xerxes17 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 26, 2017

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Oh look at Mr. Lad and all his shitpostings

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

JaucheCharly posted:

Thanks to this thread I was starving and forced to eat some old instant noodles.

Not eating some grechka instead, shameful.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

I feel like you could become a youtube superstar by going around dressed up like Commander Shepard and approaching these situations like a sidequest. "What seems to be the problem??" [Right hook]

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

So what's the pinyin and characters for "relax, take a rest"??

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

It's already been unblocked, I can use it again.

Edit: Nope not now, odd.

Still funny because it's ironic.

Xerxes17 fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 9, 2017

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-25/ansell-condoms-sold-to-china/8557648

:dong:

I hope the quality doesn't go to poo poo, but I'm not holding my breath.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Who is afraid of the big bad dragon? posted:

The concept of hierarchy and ranking is so solid in China that whenever a choice needs to be made about anything, the Chinese people want to know if it is top-ranked. This applies to fashion brands, restaurants, tourist spots, and of course educational institutions. When they decide which college to attend, domestic or overseas, Chinese parents and students are much more concerned about the ranking of the institution than what it actually offers or whether it suits them.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Barudak posted:

George Costanza would be a massive Chinese celebrity because he is living face culture.

Sinofeld.

"He's a uighur Jerry! A uighur!"

Xerxes17 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Devils Affricate posted:

Not that there's anything wrong with that

"The hot-pot kempetai".

• Locked thread