Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

quote:

To: angcat

Holy crap.

I’ve been going to Mets games since 1968.

Doubt if I’ll go to another.

26 posted on 9/19/2016, 8:30:28 AM by CapitalistCrusader

Good. We don't want you at the games anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Double post.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

As someone who was homeschooled for three years for non-religious reasons, I can tell you that, in my anecdotal experience, the majority of homeschooled children are at home for religious reasons. We once went to a local textbook fair with the local homeschool group to buy books for the upcoming school year and my mother and I ended up as pariahs because the American history text we bought wasn't the highly recommended book that explained how America was founded by God. We parted ways with the homeschool group not too long after that and a strong of other incidents.

Hello Meow posted:

Nah, they let them participate in their local schools usually.
It's weird like that.

Public schools let us join in on science fairs and what not. But it wasn't always pleasant. The public school parents used to complain that homeschool kids had an unfair advantage because we could spend all our days preparing our projects but their kids had other things to do. I suppose it could be true, but in my case, I also had other things to do.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

quote:

quote:
To: justlurking

The idea of California, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New York, Massachusetts, R.I., Maryland, Maine, Vermont, New Jersey, N.H. Connecticut and Delaware being scotched into a sea of glass is exhilarating. Oh, wait, they are just talking about it figuratively. Never mind.

29 posted on 10/16/2016, 9:40:34 AM by Eleven Bravo 6 319thID

This is basically saying, "I hope most of the US population and economy dies."

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I don't get it. Why does maxamericana keep having to fire liberals after every election? Why does he hire horrible, awful liberals? Why doesn't he just hire conservatives? It seems like a waste of time.

And don't worry freep, we here in CT don't get much in the way of federal funds for you to take away from us over UConn. Most of our federal tax dollars go straight to the south.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

^^^Yeah that always gets me too

I kinda wanna see one of these maps but with contribution to GDP or something.

You can already find that. It's just a map of all the states that voted D in November.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Pontius Pilate posted:

A classic. There was also a freeper who surprisingly visited Chicago but hated it because there were too many Islam bookstores (there's like two). And this story resurfaced in the Chicago thread:

http://nymag.com/selectall/2016/08/homeless-youtube-couple-flees-chicago-after-one-day.html

Not freepers, but a 19yo married YouTube couple with stupid names, moved to Chicago and left after a day when a homeless minority was kinda weird to them. The video they posted about it is a true marvel.

What in the flying gently caress did I just read?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I want a slavery terminator on my money.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

A family friend named her two sons "Hunter" and "Tanner."

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Some people also want to visit all 50 states.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I get into this argument with my parents. My dad is from NYC and my mom from Edinburgh in Scotland but they both watch fox and end up buying a lot of the culture war nonsense about statues being our history etc. I am in favor of removing the participation trophies to rebellious losers. They always retort with "But your BA is in history! You of all people should want to keep them in place." My response is always that we should keep the battlefields intact and protected, things like the confederate Whitehouse etc because they're history and can inform. Statues are to honor something. We don't honor evil. The Germans have KLs still around as history and warning. They have no statues to nazis around nor do they fly the nazi flag as "heritage." They have a very powerful and unsettling memorial to the victims of nazism in a very prominent place in Berlin (if you ever are there, go at twilight, very spooky). They've never been able to debate those points.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

What in the flying gently caress do they think is coming across the border that they need to create an American DMZ to stop?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I've read this list several times over and I still can't make out what most of them are referring to. When did Trump fight cookies? Why?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

When did he win? Their list is even more nonsense now.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

The definition of "white" has changed over the years.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

He's a Kavanaugh in training.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

quote:

I’ve had my entire life savings (>$166k) and retirement stolen by illegal aliens and folks who believe they can simply violate all laws of private property.

What does this even mean?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Both of my parents subscribe to the "choice" view of homosexuality and when I asked them why you'd choose to do something that is going to get you persecuted, their response was that all the gay men or women they know had a bad and abusive childhood which caused it. It's an interesting hybrid rationalization.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I just said they were dumb.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Ah yes, the well known rapacious and greedy Native American.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I'd like to know how one "Googles past the current event headlines."

It means "uses Google to find breitbart."

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Uncle Ulty posted:

Freep-adjacent, but one of the Chuds I went to college with just posted again on Facebook that he's upset with the taxes in Connecticut and wants to move. He has 2 autistic kids and is a stay-at-home dad while his wife works as a nurse. He says he wants to move to, "A red state. Someplace that has good jobs, good schools, and good services for autism."

Sooo he wants to move somewhere that has low taxes and also the things that taxes pay for.

Whereabouts in CT?

And what exactly is he complaining about? We actually try to provide reasonable social services. I work in them.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

He's definitely one of the voters responsible for electing that loud rear end in a top hat first selectman of Trumbull.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

quote:

(Pravda + Useful Idiots = USSR; Journ0List + Useful Idiots = DopeyChangey)

WTF does this mean? I can't parse it.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

And a president that only wants to talk about his brave loss of the popular vote?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

McGlockenshire posted:

The internet has enabled it to become the Grand Unified Conspiracy Theory. They're desperate to find some known, external cause for all the things that aren't going right in order to deal with the disappointment in Trump not being competent enough to keep his word and follow through. If they admit to themselves that he is, was, and always will be a fraud, where does that leave their worldview?

If the Dems manage to get their poo poo together and win in 2020, I both can't wait to drink freeper tears and also can't wait to create a survival bunker for the inevitable chud violence.

They could just go "This Trump guy said all the right things but didn't follow through. Let's get a new guy."

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

The TvTropes thread introduced me to such terrors as Pokégirls, and I still cringe at that almost a decade later.

Do I even want to know?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Perhaps unsurprising, but this is worse than I imagined.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Hillary will come after all constitutions. ALL OF THEM.

You heard it on freep first.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

quote:

To: huldah1776

Any group that sticks their women in the front lines is not worth knowing or befriending.

59 posted on 10/7/2019, 4:47:17 PM by Centurion2000 (Read ... THEN comment.)

...Israel?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

What impulse will win? American triumphalism or confederate worship?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I'm still amazed at how they can never be happy with anything, ever.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Neito posted:

I've never been a huge fan of Popeyes, but that's because easily 90% of my popeye's experience is at the Vince Lomboardi Service Center in Jersey.

That's harsh.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

How are u posted:

Freep: Youngsters are gleeful. Calling it it The Boomer Remover.

New title.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Is a "fake crisis actor" a double negative that means they are in fact just dead?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Because you can't rewind time.

And more importantly, you can't rewind time to an idealized America that only existed in their mind.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

For all intensive purposes, it's the same meaning.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I'm chuckling quietly knowing these are the people that drive up here and then drive 25MPH on the highway, randomly switch lanes, get spooked by more than one car being near them, and sit at green lights wondering what to do. Old chuds can't drive and they're a traffic menace.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Connecticut and Massachusetts: known poo poo holes with poor quality of life.

Totally not ranking at the top of quality of life rankings on par with other known poo poo hole Norway.

(Also we generally don't use salt to clear snow anymore.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

mercenarynuker posted:

gently caress, what do you use, because Michigan could use some

They pre-treat the roads with this brine-ish solution and use a de-icing agent and then sand. It does vary though.