Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

AnotherUnixGeek is almost there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Shugojin posted:

Unfortunately being the one guy to look up and say "we're going in circles!" just gets you shot on freep
Also gets you rat hosed at the DNC

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I think that was actually Chapo, though Virgil could just repeat jokes.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think you got it flipped. Virgils argument was that the military isnt going to back Trump against Biden as Biden isnt a threat to their power and having military backing is a necessary step to coup, you literally cannot execute a coup without it.

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1307894472475324416?s=20

The argument, and I think he's right, is that the idea Trump will soundly lose and then just refuse to leave while everyone stands with their dicks in their hands is insane. What will happen is the GOP will ratfuck the election results if its really close and the DNC will tacitly accept it because it already happened before, most obviously in 2000.
This was more of less the point arrived at in the Chapo episode. The Biden bit was just a joke hypothetical. After which they dismissed the full coup type thing going through in favor of court fuckery ala 2000.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Schizophrenia is often times triggered by stress, even stress that comes from you being hideously racist.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

T-34 is objectively the sexiest tank. Peak armor performance.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I will argue that like a lot of older trains the Red Army's equipment all makes sense from an engineer's point of view, particularly the guy who has to fix it. So I could see even non-communist old guys liking it for the same reason they love those old cars they could fix themselves before everything was plastic.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

Their webhost up and declaring that they had to pack their poo poo and move in less than 24 hours sounds weird, but I've never run a website so I don't know. Anyone in that business care to weigh in?
A datacenter loving up its end of lease agreements or failing to communicate it's lease situation to a client until day of is unfortunately common in cheap datacenters. Like still a high chance it's a lie by the freeps, but this is not out of the realm of possibility at all.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Kavak posted:

God I hope the Atlanta Braves and their stupid racist hatchet chop are next.
Braves is one of those that could in theory be fine cause it's the name of an actual occupation rather than just a straight slur. Unfortunately you have everything else about their branding.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The Dark Project posted:

The FBI and other intel agencies keeping an eye on Trump and his links with Russians, although not in a way which would stop him rising to be the President, and probably having a Deep State or whatever in Government that stopped Trump from being as awesome as he could have been.

I am not going to be happy unless a whole shitload of info comes out about Trump's collaboration with Russia, which probably means I won't ever be happy. I'll become my own version of a Freeper.
Bruh they killed a literal Alex Jones level pedophile cabal man who supplied the president and at least one past president with child sex slaves in front of you with constant news coverage and then pretended nothing happened. Anything Trump did with Russia was either unimportant or considered fair play by his fellow reptilians.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

While the Chevaliers were also psychos, it is important to remember that when they won the Puritans did commit genocide. Idealizing either side of the English Civil War kinda marks you as a very okay with war crimes.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Charles's execution had way more to do with his refusal to make any official surrender than it did the actions of his side of the war. He kept escaping jail and raising yet another army only to be beaten again. Which yes needed a permanent solution. You can't have the king starting a new civil war every time you let him out of your site for more than 10 minutes. I just honestly have very little ability to sympathize with the guys who immediately after killing him decided to go commit genocide against the Irish. Substantial differences can only really be drawn up if you think war crimes against the English are somehow worse than warcrimes against the Irish.

Which yeah it's werhabooish to like the Chevaliers or Charles 1, but genuinely liking Cromwell and the other Puritans is similarly weird. As opposed to the American Civil War where the Union are straight up the better side, and thankfully didn't spend much time playing into the Confederates weird rear end roleplaying.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Imagine if the Freeps could empathize with anyone who wasn't on the losing side.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Manuel Calavera posted:

You have no idea what it's like as a woman on grindr. I'm just gonna stare into the camera for an hour.
Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but isn't grindr specifically meant for non-straight dating?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I guess I just figured it'd still filter out most of the mostly cishet dude impulse to share their dick.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It'd be a lot less of a bitter pill if Biden wasn't so transparently myopic about drugs. His son is a tragic victim but everyone else still needs to be punished for choosing to be addicted.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Owlspiracy posted:

i'm glad that there's finally a place on SA we can complain about libs and how they're just the same as far right nazis. i mean, they don't want to hang me from a tree, but sometimes they don't agree with me online, and who's to say what's worse.
ah someone who has never been stopped by a cop claiming to smell weed in your car.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Owlspiracy posted:

i have some bad news for you on the political beliefs of the police
I have some bad news about the political beliefs of the POTUS. He is still fully in support of the war on drugs that only exists to imprison and kill minorities.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Zeroisanumber posted:

Or poo poo on the floor.
To all the other stuff yeah, but you massively over estimate tourists' modesty.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It should be noted the same laws used to imprison Hitler for five years were used to just straight up execute communists. Democrats will do the same thing with any new anti-terrorist laws.

edit: same way that if the capital rioters had been of middle eastern descent or black they would have simply shot every single one of them then and there.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Terrible Opinions fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 20, 2021

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

pseudanonymous posted:

Is anyone actually teaching critical race theory anywhere? I mean like k-12? Like it really seems like the conservatives are up in arms to cancel something that isn't happening.
Yeah as other people have said, no one is teaching actual CRT in k-12, and every purposed or passed law against it is actually just trying to outlaw teaching about slavery or discrimination of any kind.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Wouldn't be the first time Russia has stalled out and failed to beat a much weaker country. Just you know hopefully this time the US doesn't set up the weaker country for decades of civil war with its arms.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I AM GRANDO posted:

Freep still has the higher bodycount, as tiny toes lived after getting shot.
The Puckins guy killed two people. I'm sure there are other goon murderers.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Zero_Grade posted:

I can't believe I'd ever be jealous of a Fox News commenter, but I've had authentic birria before and here we are.

I bet you could fairly easily get freepers/related to believe that "cilantro sauce" is walnut sauce but from Mexican children.

I mean, that's an impressive photo on timing alone, and some of the little details in the case made me chuckle. They spent five months digging the tunnel (dedication!), told the landlord they were sculpting students, and the assassins themselves passed themselves off as electricians. Also this is definitely a rare case where you do have to give it to 'em, as Blanco sounds like he was a monster right up until the moment his life was ogre.
Why wouldn't you hand it heroes?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Tragically tort reform was passed to protect people like Alex Jones and large corporations that poison people.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Captain Log posted:

All this Antichrist talk reminds me of one of my favorite Biblical "translations" from the eons.

The mark of the beast in all accepted early "editions" of the Bible was 616. Monks just started using 666 around the 7th century for no real reason, other than it looking scarier. I guess?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papyrus_115
Entirely possible it was just a very influential copy mistake.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Oh I'm familiar with intentional Biblical changes, I just didn't think there was any evidence of the number of the beast being such a change rather than a copy error.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Hey man what's the point of owning Chinese mystery pistols if you never fire them.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Clarste posted:

Isn't Blue State California by far the biggest producer of food anyway?
No it has the highest food value of any state, but Iowa and Nebraska each out produce it in terms of pounds of produce. California by an large doesn't produce the same food as the rest of the country very little wheat, corn, pork, or soybeans. Instead you get weird stats like California producing nearly 100% of American almonds and that accounting for 10%ish of their overall food sales.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I wonder if 1615 was just chosen for being 300 years before, or if it was intentional to pick a year in the middle of the European witch hunts.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

California does suck but all of the causes are things Freep supports.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Wait, California wasn't a part of the Confederacy. Why would that be included in a display? Did they display the flags of other failed rebellions to happen in the country?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I get hypothetically having a confederate flag for like a six flags over Texas deal, that is actually a part of their history. California though is displaying the flag of an enemy.

The park doesn't even have a Mexican or Spanish flags. All the other flags are flags of the Revolution, the United States proper, or Calfironia. Good lord no non-racist reason to include the Confederate flag among those. Certainly no non-racist reason to replace it in the 1980s and arrest the people who tore it down.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Yeah it is misleading, but only so much as your statement that it was taken down by her. It was taken down each time by protestors. The city apparatus as a whole eventually stopped replacing it. Does replacing a flag count as "flying" it any less than failing to replace it once torn down count as "taken down"?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Are people not open with their families about personal finances?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I mean it was never amount the money going to a pointless end. It's just that they know the people they hate, Democrats, seem to care about Ukraine. Thus it must be a psyop.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Least pointless war the US has been associated with since WW2*
*least pointless that the US isn't on the obviously wrong side of

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Don't most people have older relatives? Even without a specific diagnosis at a certain point varying by person all old people will lose the daily energy to do a full time job. Grandpa needs naps throughout the day, and if you make him skip those he's gonna be incoherent. Most men in their 80s can't reasonably be active as long as the job of president demands of Biden at this point, again even if their brain does work just fine after a good sleep. He ain't making mistakes a normal adult would, because he's not a normal adult he's an old man who should have retired. Unfortunately most of the other options are also old men who should have retired, and we have evidently as a country have removed the ability to tell any grandpa they're too old to do what they used to do every day.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I mean it doesn't really matter much who Putin prefers here. His ability to predict what results are best for his interests has been proven no so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Traditionally natural disasters were a sign you had to do more violence to your leaders, not less.