Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

They’re referred to as spurs, but they’re basically little knives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Has freep heard about the Asheville, NC city council unanimously voting to approve reparations for black residents?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

freep posted:

The prog will blame Trump saying it was all intentional

Surely not.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

If I remember correctly it wasn't the LSD that killed him. He was so confused and terrified because he didn't know he had been dosed that he jumped off a building.

There's a Netflix documentary series from a few years ago about this called Wormwood. It was pretty good from what I remember.

The guy's name was Frank Olson. Jumped from a hotel window 9 days after getting dosed.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

“Jesus forgave my past sin which means I can UNLIMITED SIN and have the forgiveness retroactively applied” is a take of Christianity I haven’t heard before

I know plenty of southern baptists who believe that as long as they’re “born again”, all sins are forgiven no matter what.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm struggling to think of any job where you get paid in cash daily. Restaurant wait staff, I guess, if they let you keep tips, although most places just collect tips and put it towards their paychecks so they can pay wait staff less than minimum wage.

Minimum wage for servers is like $2.15 an hour, and I don't know any restaurant that takes tips from their employees, unless they're just flat out breaking the law.

E: Maybe some places will hold credit card tips until the checks clear, but most of the places I'm aware of still tip those out in cash every night.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Telsa Cola posted:

Restaurants are hilariously famous for withholding or oddly distributing tips.

I guess it depends on where you are geographically, but the only places around here that have done anything close to that have gotten sued for back pay and/or shut down by the department of labor.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

The first base guy just had to tag first base once he had the ball. There was no need to chase the guy down, and it allowed a run to be scored and the batter to get to first instead of just tagging the base to get the batter out.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

I unironically like the "kill my landlord" poem though, a true classic that should be taught in schools for generations to come.

One of Eddie Murphys finest performances.

https://youtu.be/6iCbK3ooekU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Not to defend Nascar, but the door pull that was tied like a noose had apparently been on that garage for some time, but Bubba Wallace saw it and assumed it was intentionally placed there as a threat.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

Nobody knows what the raid is for yet as far as I know but best guesses are that it's related to the classified material he took there during his presidency that probably was not allowed to be taken there. It's possible that the text messages from the Alex Jones trial brought new info to light which prompted the raid. Pure speculation though, again, nothing concrete on what it was for.

Regardless of what it's actually for the right wingers on social media and TV/radio are already saying that this is an unwarranted attack on Trump just out of revenge.

I may be wrong, but I doubt the DOJ is going to order a raid by the FBI on a former presidents home based on text messages obtained mere days ago. Federal warrants are typically rock solid so I’d bet this has been in the works for a while. They’re not gonna risk this much public fallout on Alex Jones’ text messages. At least I really hope they wouldn’t.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

…and not to say that it wouldn’t be really satisfying to know that the final downfall of DJT could be totally blamed on a clown like Alex Jones.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

“kiss our Obamaholes goodbye”

That’s a new one to me.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

It’s simply that someone in their life has told them young democrats watch Tucker Carlson. That’s it. Or they’ve seen someone else online make a post claiming the same thing. That’s all it takes.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

quote:

To: 7thson

This an interesting and strangely believe it, personal question.

Decades ago, I was a Jaycee. I served on the board even for one year. One of my beer drinking, board member friends made it known that he was leaving his wife and two kids and was really a woman. His male name was feminized. He ( she)continued to sell auto insurance and was quite successful as a business person.

Down the road she became associated with a real woman who in fact also had several children.

As adults my former Jaycee friend set them all up in small businesses. Stranger even was her mother in law, grand mother of the kids. She became a regular on the TV ads of the three or four small family businesses. Collectively, they were apparent business successes

I’m not sure what he/she actually did for his own two kids. He/She was very successful business person and had means.

I continued to maintain my auto insurance and once in a while actually met with him/her to discuss the issues. I continued to address him as Rick rather than Rikki and he did not bat an eye or take offense

49 posted on 5/24/2023, 2:57:08 PM by bert ( (KWE. NP. N.C. +12) Juneteenth is inequality day )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Oh poo poo. I think this guy lives in my area.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

namlosh posted:

Freep: Muslim Obama and his smelly anal fingers

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Freep: You are dumber than me and that’s pretty dumb, dummy.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I AM GRANDO posted:

A 70-year-old’s grandfather would have fought in World War I, right? The last Civil War veterans died in the 50s, were over 100, and were under 15 while they were soldiers.

I’m 44 and my grandfather fought in WWI. He died when my dad was 16, 20 years before I was born.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

the guy who cheated on 2 of his 3 wives

lol that you think he didn’t cheat on one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

InsertPotPun posted:

"doesn't say which translation it is". trump gives that little of a gently caress

I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure I remember Trump stating it was the King James Version during his little sales pitch, and I would assume most of his followers would be rather upset if it was any other translation.