Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
Since this thread is in the post-Malheur era (and since I skipped most of the old thread anyway), what was the general freep response and discussion like about the Bundy clan's awkward public insurr-edging session?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug

SocketWrench posted:

I don't think any of us know. It got changed to something good and by the end of the day got changed to that

I too was disappointed that Chicago Lady hadn't recently been newsworthy or involved in :freep: dramatics.

The new title reminded me of goons brigading her live internet chat event during her campaign, pretty sure I signed up as Chicano Lady to ramble about "guerilla republicanism" with Ken M style dialog and butchered early Soviet quotes.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug

Office Pig posted:

That's some thread title material right there.

It's just so completely artless. Kneeling already involves the knee, and racist old white dudes are unanimously mad about black football players. Why clutter the pun in the first place, unless the author is admitting his friends and allies are idiots?

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug

Jagged Jim posted:

High school football coach 'told players to taunt boy with lesbian parents on the opposing team by asking him "who's your daddy?"'

[Re: palsy reference and decency]
I'm sorry, did I click on a wrong link or something? Am I still on freerepublic.com?

I've honestly been pretty surprised never to hear of someone having a severe allergic response getting "lol beta cuck" heckling at some point in the last two years.

It's weird not to see immediate cruelty from these types.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug

TetsuoTW posted:

I don't think he meant to be racist, he just is so that's how it sounded.

Let's be fair to Donald Trump, he's clearly a very high-IQ man and that intelligence differential complicates communications.

Supposing the human brain peaks by 50, and afterward it's more about momentum and damage control than real growth... at +70 years Trump's got a solid claim to having the mind of a man at least 1.5x his age, likely higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug
Pfft all this recorded history mumbo jumbo has some decent points at face value, but the fraction of shoeless Confederates suffering from elemental exposure with good modern weapons were really good shooters! Probably. And all those salt-of-the-earth belles and debutantes clapped at the promenade for Johnny Reb! And window candles, they didn't have window candles or hound dogs up north I bet ...

Edit: sorry, a gentleman would never bet.

They didn't have window candles or hound dogs up north, I reckon

sweart gliwere fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 23, 2018