Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope the new season is good. That trailer didn't look promising tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I too read it as Barry Hitler

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

drat, Hunter's "fake Jay" Flash costume was so much cooler than what they eventually dressed Shipp up in. It had that classy retro timelessness to it, like the Rocketeer's outfit.

Yeah, "airbrushed shadows around the pecs to try to make them look more prominent than the gut" is not a great design

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The first part of that trailer looked like a lot of fun

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Test Pattern posted:

I hope that for as long as this show runs, Cavanaugh plays a different version of Wells each season. He's been great and seeing him riff on his own performances has been half the fun of the second season.

I thought E2 Wells was a lot less interesting than Thawne Wells. A lot of that is probably the fact that Season 1 was a lot better and built around Thawne Wells, but still.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Koalas March, I really like your enthusiasm about Iris, as well as your interesting discussions about her overall importance in terms of identity politics, being a role model, and all that. I have to admit I haven't always been the biggest Iris fan, but it has had nothing to do with Candice Patton (who is adorable and beautiful and does her best with the material she's given), and everything to do with the writers sidelining her in unimportant B- and C-plots and not giving her enough to do. I really hope they learn from their mistakes with her and in general, since all the DC shows were getting pretty awful last season.

She needs to have a defined role in the show. Like, they could do a Arrow style season where there's a conspiracy or an organization that Iris could investigate using her journalism skills. Or maybe they could sometimes let Metahumans live, and Iris could work with them in some way

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Iris doesn't actually have journalism skills.

You would think that whole thing about her only being hired because she knew the Flash would spur her prove them all wrong and show she's a good journalist on her own merits. Or maybe give up on journalism and do something else. Or, y'know, any sort of arc at all.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OB_Juan posted:

The Question could show up in any of the CW shows, and be amazing.

I want him to show up in Supergirl. A weird, kinda dark, street-level hero for her to team up with. Basically her Batman

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Koalas March posted:

Don't do that here. She is not and has never been his sister. He loved her before he even moved in. Joe is basically his father in law not his actual dad. Neither Barry. Iris or Joe have ever considered them siblings jfc.

Barry has literally called Joe his dad multiple times.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's no way around the fact that Barry and Iris's relationship is creepy af. He pined after her for over a decade, she thought he was her friend the entire time, but he just desperately wanted to bang her. He's a creepy "nice guy".

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Burning_Monk posted:

Wasn't he also hitting on her as Flash up to an including when she was engaged (or I guess about to be engaged)?

Yeah, he was hitting on her while pretending to be someone else. When he accidentally confessed his true feelings for her as Barry he got his friends to say that he had been temporarily insane to make Iris feel bad for him.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Koalas March posted:

I am a white privileged male give me a superhero show that doesn't involve poc, intersectionality or anything that makes me uncomfortable, please get me away from these conversations I don't like them

I wouldn't mind intersecting with Candice Patton, if you know what I mean.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

That kid doesn't look that much like Candice Patton

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

computer parts posted:

tbf a lot of the "well she's not well written" is usually code for "I don't like romances in my TV shows".

Most of the romances in the CW DC shows are not well written

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did they ever say what Iris's mother's maiden name was? At this point I'd be pretty cool with it if one episode they introduced Iris's uncle who nobody had ever mentioned before, John Henry Irons.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Koalas March posted:

In response to a black child being proud of seeing a beautiful woman with her skin tone on The Flash.

Candice Patton is crazy beautiful. That kid is just bragging, saying she looks just like her.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy A. Person posted:

One more weeks Flashers (do we have a fan group name yet?)

Flashists

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

lotus circle posted:

Some stills for S3E2 have popped up! Spoilers in the link.

Looks like JWS is coming back as Jay Garrick sooner than expected, and one of the shots has some blurry legs that look like they come from the Reverse Flash! Other than that, the episode definitely shows Flashpoint is only a single episode which is kind of disappointing.

looks like Flashdad has lost some weight

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's all it took for Barry to let Thawne murder his mom? Joe was a drunk and Wally got laid up in the hospital for a bit?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spergatory posted:

I really want to find that image I saw of "The Flash, Season 10" that just has like fifty Barrys racing around the Allen living room, because it seems appropriate.

This was basically an entire episode caused and perpetuated by people being unbelievably stupid. Barry changing the timeline was stupid, Wally turning his back on his super-fast enemy was double-stupid, Barry doing the exact same thing even after he saw Wally get got was triple stupid.

Oh, and Wally can't heal, because reasons, which is also stupid. But that's plot-stupid, not character-stupid.

Welcome back to the Flash everybody! :downs:

How many Barrys are we up to now? Barry A is kid Barry who is always there. Then Barry B came back in time and fought RF, and almost saved his mom but was then dissuaded by Barry C and instead just grabbed Barry A and got him out of the house.

That's the course of events that is presented to us in the pilot, three Barrys.

But we've also got Barry D who came back and stopped RF from killing his mom after Barry B took A out of the house and Barry C left thinking his job was done because he successfully dissuaded Barry B with a solemn head shake. And there's Barry E, who let RF out of the cage so he could go back and murder his mom. Barry E was carried into the past by RF, and it's not clear where he was during the murder, but let's assume RF left him on the porch.

So there were five different Barrys at the house when his mom was killed.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Murphys Law posted:

Actually, I believe Barry B, after fighting RF, dissuaded Barry C, who was hiding behind a door, with the solemn head shake before carrying A out. Then Barry D shows up, saves mom, Barry C vanishes, and D runs back to the future to start this season. Then E shows up with RF, D is now stopped from saving mom, mom is killed, and D vanishes instead of running back to the future to begin this season.

Oh poo poo, you're right, I had C and B mixed up.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's kinda dumb that Thawne called the new alternate timeline Flashpoint.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It would be so great if in the new timeline Cavanaugh plays Earth 1 actual Wells.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
LOL at Barry saying nothing about Caitlin had changed. Caitlin doesn't have a personal life to change. Does she even have parents?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

Yeah, cafes around here were always playing WB prime time soaps in the middle of the day in the late nineties.

It reminded me of a scene from the Cleveland Show, they did a flashback where every line of dialogue referenced the current year.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really hope Draco turns out to be a good guy who just doesn't like Barry

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

What's done since Harry Potter?

He was in Rise of the Planet of the Apes. He played a guy who didn't like apes.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

It's definitely a cry for help though.

Maybe he just wants to "get with" Candice Patton

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is it just me, or has Dad Flash visibly lost weight?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If that's supposed to be The Joker, where are the tattoos?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy A. Person posted:

My favorite part: the team's solution to not having Harrison Wells around all the time they are apparently going to audition other HWs from the multiverse

I really want them to do a Wells like that one crazy Riker from the Star Trek episode with infinite Enterprises. "I won't go back, Darhk's plan succeeded the world was destroyed, the only survivors are hunted like dogs for Thawne's amusement, you can't send me back!" "Yeah... we were hoping for a funnier Wells this season..."

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sir Potato posted:

Danielle Panabaker actually sold the hell out of that last scene. Weirdo Wells is gonna be great. What a fun episode.

Wouldn't you be freaked out if you found a ridiculously cheap looking hair extension in your hair?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

Why the gently caress is Caitlin keeping this a secret from the people who could actually help her with this problem and whom she just witnessed save magenta and be really loving and compassionate to her.

There's finally something interesting about her and goddamnit she is gonna milk it for all the drama she can get out of it. Good for her. Get yours, Killer.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Azhais posted:

How is the thread title not "You can't trust a mime." yet?

Because that line didn't make any sense, French Wells was talking. Mimes don't talk.

Unless Earth 2 Mimes are different from Terra Prime mimes

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

McSpanky posted:

They made the Turtle work, it's time to step spin up.

The Turtle would've been a great goofy recurring villain. I'm not sure why they decided to make him a serial killer and then kill him.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Three seasons in, it's confirmed that Caitlyn has a family and a backstory

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spergatory posted:

It seems like her powers come with a significant +Evil side effect, which is unfortunate, but not uncommon. Many metahumans seem to suffer from this effect. In fact, aren't Barry, Cisco, and Firestorm the only metahumans in the entire world who aren't assholes?

Also, I thought the actual reason Killer Frost is Killer is because she basically has to suck heat from her surroundings (and occasionally living people) in order to keep living. Did they drop the heat vampire side effects, or are those going to come in later?

Aren't they setting up her cold powers going out of control? So, just ripping off Frozen

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phenotype posted:

Curious as to why no one's wondering who HR's intelligent partner is, the one who actually cracked the coded message the team sent out.

Because there's literally nothing to base our guesses on. We don't even know if it's a person. It could be his universe's version of Gideon or Gorilla Grodd.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Test Pattern posted:

My top two guesses are a Thawne that allied with him rather than killing him (as others have suggested) and Grodd. I'm hoping it's Grodd. I'm hoping that HR is fully in thrall of a giant psychic man-eating gorilla.

I know I just said that there's nothing to base our guesses on, but the way HR put so much emphasis on being the "face" of the operation genuinely makes me think his partner isn't human. So yeah, I'm guessing Grodd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

enraged_camel posted:

But the version of Grodd who wears a top hat and monocle and likes to sip tea.

That's just making him Monsieur Mallah

• Locked thread