Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Precum-Recipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The only chaps I want to see are assless ones on Jay Bauman

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

FedEx Mercury posted:

All chaps are"assless" you nincompoop, otherwise they would be pants.

You're chapping my rear end here

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

gently caress YES

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Zzulu posted:

the guy who plays kylo ren can actually act also, which is an advantage when you're an actor in a movie

It was stylistically designed to be that way - JJ Abrams

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Echo Chamber posted:

I'd argue that Batman, Jason Bourne, Frank Underwood, and Liam Neeson are all Mary Sues. I find the hyper-competent Sue way more annoying than the self-insert Sue. And Rey isn't really either.

Also, that bitching about Mary Sues is a lame and lazy avenue of film criticism, and that's why old-timey film critics as well as RLM didn't go there.

Also, gently caress Max Landis; he's just annoying.

Batman was trained, Jason Bourne was trained, Frank Underwood is already high up in politics when the show begins, Liam Neeson was probably trained in acting but he might just be a natural talent with a great voice.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I guess Rey really is a Mary Sue, because I really can't think of any flaws she has.

She is initially stubborn and combative, and as the film goes on she begins to rely on the help of others and works with others as a team. It's not much. But there is some character progression, adequate enough for a silly action movie with magic and space.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Hemingway To Go! posted:

there used to be

they are gone now

Haven't seen a female here in many a tumtum...

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

No Space Cop is absolute garbage from literal hack frauds ffs

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

lol how broke-brained and empty-souled can you be to not like zootopia?

it was okay, relax

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

lovely Duracell battery Star Wars commercial playing before an RLM video :ironicat:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Handsome Twink who listened to the dvd commentary track relays that information piece-meal for 30 minutes to Bloated Hack who's not really even into this movie: the video

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Now do Jar Jar Binks!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Lucas a racist so what? Those movies still would've sucked even if the Trade Federation sounded british and Jar Jar sounded like Tim Kaine and Watto was a loving redneck. He's a terrible script writer first and a bit of a bigot second.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

dreezy posted:

calm down donald trump.

I want a ban on all your posts entering the forum until we find out what the hell is going on.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

I'm always terrified one of these guys is going to finally slip up and say something "deeply problematic" and then double down on it and get all defensive when people roll their eyes, and then the whole thing will be soured.

It has been and will always be Rich

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The guy who did the Watto voice isn't Jewish sooooo

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Gillian: bulbous clitoral mound

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Stranger Things is the opposite of Space Cop in every way. Incredible effort and calculation versus the incarnation of irony and laziness.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Fatter, thicker eyelids

He should look detestable.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Junior Jr. posted:

I was using this pic as a reference, although everyone's more familiar with older, fatter, balder Rich.

Also I'm done doing amateur sketches for now.

See you made a fatal assumption that the lower part of his head is somehow separate from his neck, like on a human. I assure you it is not.

You imagined a jawline where there was only fat.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

If one of you pathetic losers who watches Precum-Recipe twitch streams wants to throw them a couple bucks to make Rich sing "Go Cubs Go" on Sunday I'd consider it a personal favor.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

I think Rich is a White Sox fan, not a Cubs fan.

Yes and he was actively rooting for them to lose.

Sing the song, fatty. Sing it.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Here's my hot take: when did we start saying 'hot take' and what does that mean???

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I'm just glad Marvel didn't challenge my western sensibilities by casting Asian actors for a movie set predominantly in Asia.

Except for tubby comic relief Asian. Haha, so fat, so funny.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

If you can't enjoy a brilliant but arrogant white man overcoming his reluctance and complacency to punch a bad guy with magic for the tenth time in a row I just feel sorry for you. It's either this or Iranians eating plums, forever.

Choose wisely.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

Tarpels still feels like the Gungan they should have hooked up with in the prequels instead of Jar-Jar.

He's a military guy who just witnessed a major alien military deployment in Gungan territory and finds a couple of non-Gungans lurking about. Yeah, he's going to drag those bastards back home for interrogation.

He drags them back to eat them and it's like ROTJ with the Ewoks and it all rhymes forever.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

dreezy posted:

I actually had a nightmare rlm released another josh botw.

Instead of going along with this post I'm gonna do a lovely straight man routine until I eventually get actually pissy about it.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

LordArgh posted:

mr plinkett's house sure has a lot of echo

no it's fine cause irony

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Splinter Cell > *

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

What? Is someone there?

Hmm...nothing here but three very bright green lights in the corner of the room.

Must've been the wind...

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

dreezy posted:

I loving hate video game talk in the rlm thread. rlm has nothing to do with video games

what's your favorite video game?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Look at that cake :discourse:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

That video is like uncut RLM heroin

Mike and Jay 4Ever

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

So they do actually watch worthwhile and interesting films like The Lobster and The Witch, they just choose not to talk about them in favour of another ho-hum Marvel film, got it.

They don't just review comic book movies all the time! Just roughly HALF the time, and only because they're popular!

Except by that logic they really fell down this year in reviewing animated animals can talk movies.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

So Jay, what did you think of The Secret Life of Pets?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I couldn't tell what anyone was saying in that loving movie.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Best of the VVorst

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

i dont think it was bad and i liked his voice. but everyone should watch the vvitch again with subtitles on if u havent already. it was like a whole new movie for me

This is a good idea thnx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Wicker Man posted:

Just so we are clear, it's the same witch movie of a boy who's character is that he is young and has blue balls dies in the throws of some kind of demonic orgasm?

Jay Bauman: this is a masterpiece

• Locked thread