Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JB50
Feb 13, 2008

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

Nostalgia Critic used to be awful and now he is bad but clearly trying.

Safe to ignore this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

The force awakens was poo poo and Plinkett is going to show you why.

Number one....

- Harry S. Plinkett.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Nutsngum posted:

The Force Awakens was pretty good and Jessi is never coming back. Deal with it nerds.

Well youre half right.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

back to school shotgun posted:

I missed this livestream announcing Jessi's return and hinting at Plinkett and whatever else. Do they archive these at all? I'm assuming this is different from the Previously Recorded streams that get uploaded?

Ya its on Thingsthatdidnthappen.com

In the fantasy section.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Berious posted:

If it was GBS1.0 then Jay wasn't even hot then.

Like he wouldn't be scared off by the likes of HODOR today.

GBS, GBS never changes.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Krinkle posted:

Vegg ... You should go back ...to CineD

Thats better. Shes not a Mary Sue, she can just do everything and never fails, jeez guys misogyny much?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Schweinhund posted:

Because it's trying to label something in a way that puts it in the same class as lovely self-insertion fan fiction, instead of actually trying to argue why the character is bad. And it's just meaningless and lazy. And what exactly is the argument, that she has a lot of abilities? Ok and that is so bad how? It's obviously part of the story that she is special somehow. Do you also think Clark Kent is a Mary Sue? It's just dumb to even use that phrase unless it's clearly self insertion.

A Mary Sue is an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through unrealistic abilities. Often this character is recognized as an author insert or wish-fulfillment.

Hmmmm seems to fit Rey to a T, except for the self insert part.

Superman is unable to save his dad and Lois at one point. He is often put in the position to decide between two people to save when only one can be saved. At least in the Chris Reeves movies, which are the last superman movies I watched.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 7, 2016

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I just noticed this off to the side when I searched for mary sue:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Schweinhund posted:

Keep believing she is bad because a guy with a my little pony haircut said so.

Junkfist posted:

Rey is a bad character and a Mary Sue but it's fine it'll probably be fine.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

JediTalentAgent posted:

Half the posts in some threads are about how Batman is NOT a heroic figure and is in-fact the greatest criminal menace in Gotham, that he's a piece of poo poo for even BEING Batman at all and he's worse than useless, etc..

I hate how in recent films (not just Batman) theyre doing this thing where they argue that the heros ARE the problem because the bad guys come to fight them. Thats like saying the police are the problem when people commit crimes. Its a dumb argument, and if the heros werent there youd all be slaves or dead.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I like how the last spiderman had way too many villains and the coolest villain was only in it for 2 minutes at the end.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

lol how was diet green goblin cool at all?

I mean the Rhino. Was he not in the last one?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

I saw one of those comic book movies on a long flight, it was poo poo and I never want to see another.

A too-big cast of characters with seemingly random but also extremely mismatched powers (some people have actual extremely powerful super powers while others have the ability to be "very pretty" or "good with a bow and loving arrow") fight some robots and then a bunch of slavs fly up in the air and need to be rescued and then the robot is defeated. Every scene was a contrived set piece to either show off so much action and CG you go numb from it, or a bunch of "cool quips" between characters to show how cool and quippy they are. Absolute trash, but god drat do they shovel a lot of those. Every time I walk past the theatre it's something like "MARVEL'S AGE OF ICE VS DC" "Captain America 5: The Hulk Insurrection" "AVENGERS ULTRA: The Winter Spidermans" "A bunch of garbage with a stan lee cameo 12: Keep buying tickets for this trash you loving man-children". It all blurs together like someone's putting comic book names and characters into some random plot generator then throwing hundreds of millions at it.

Sauce yer qwotes.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I do agree with your point about the disparity of powers some of these heros have. Some are near omnipotent (Vision, Scarlet Witch, Phoenix and Hulk to a lesser extent), but yet they never seem to use the full scope of their powers.

I guess they dont want the movie to be 15 minutes long.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

Commando is also the best because it has the best puns and one-liners. Who could forget Sully?

This ones from The Running Man and I use it on a daily basis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVibtTjReu4

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Eh, Josh was good in this video. Re:View is more of a format where his prep work before hand doesn't hurt him. Unlike his planned jokes in the BOTW and WOTW.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Hollywood accounting is fuzzy math black magic anyways. Mike wasnt trying to do a precise accounting just general numbers to correct some misconceptions (perceived flops and whatnot).

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Not just any Death Star but the exact same Death Star we saw at the end of Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith and also in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope. The smallest and shittiest Death Star!

They just can't get enough of that Death Star.

Empire Strikes Back had no death star and is the best film in the series by a mile. Hmmmmm wonder if there is any correlation?

JB50 fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 21, 2016

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Terrific Accident posted:

It looked good until Wolverine stuff started happening and I remembered that this is about a guy who has metal bones and says "bub" a lot

Which timeline is this? The whole X-Men series has hosed itself by having different timelines. I know the comics are the same way, but thats hosed up too.

He was weapon X in the last x-men movie and now theyre going back to the days of future past timeline I think? Shits hosed up.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

Make no mistake I'm going to see this movie like the rest of you guys. We're in too deep.

Speak for yourself I still havent watched TFA or the prequels. :smug:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

new to the conversation -- how's Mike racist?

Anyone who mentions race in any context is racist dontchaknow?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Zzulu posted:

What race is Jar Jar Binks a mockery of

Swedes

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Orkin Mang posted:

mikes carey grant voice is loving poo poo.he ruined that movie

The voice was dumb, Mike must think thats clever or something. Hes not a great actor.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

We Know Catheters posted:

Calling Rey a mary sue is sexist

http://bit.ly/2eYCmRx

She says the words "mary sue" itself are sexist:

"The Mary Sue thing in itself is sexist because it's the name of a woman," she says. "Everyone was saying that Luke had the exact same [abilities]. I think Rey is incredibly vulnerable, and nothing she's doing is for the greater good. She's just doing what she thinks is the right thing. And she doesn't want to do some of it, but she feels compelled to do it. So for me, I was just confused."

Some of the dumbest poo poo Ive ever read.

Except my posts.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Paladinus posted:

Maybe she is right.

Yes indeed, any use of a females name is sexist.

Totally makes sense.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Zzulu posted:

How does anything become mythic in an age where all the info can be stored digitally

JEDIS ARE JUST A MYTH

*thousands of videos of jedis on star wars equivalent of youtube*

Plus the jedi had a massive temple in what was essentially the Capitol of the universe, and were bodyguards for famous politicians.

It's the equivalent of the FBI being a myth.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 30, 2016

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

temple posted:

Has anyone on RLM ever said Jayscum before?

No, because they're not gross weirdos.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

reignofevil posted:

If I watch stranger things and im jonesin' real bad for a smoke is it gonna seem like hella cool stuff I gotta keep watching or dumb poo poo I wanna turn off.

Help.

I can't form my own opinions anymore.

You aren't helping.

Please.

Its Netflix you can just pause it and come back.

You will want to come back, trust me.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I might go see it just because Gal Gadot pisses off all the right people.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

I'm not going to see Dr Weird because it's a bad movie.

I know it's a bad movie because it has superheroes in it and it's not the movie Chronicle.

Thank you for reading! :)

Max Landis account confirmed.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

counterfeitsaint posted:

I will never understand this new trend of going to see movies to spite others.

Do you imagine [poorly defined group who disagree with] wailing and gnashing their teeth in defeat as you triumphantly walk into the theater, thus changing the world for the better?

How many times did you go see GB 2016:Answer the call?

Yes, zero.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I only watch movies that took 12+ years to make.

Like Space Cop.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Toki is from wisconsin too so...

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

priznat posted:

That's Pickles! Toki is from Norway.

I miss that show :(

Oh ya, my bad.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE-CFXxspSY

A video where Space Cop gets called out for being and I quote "A giant piece of poo poo". This is said in the context of almost all youtubers who make feature length movies that end up being giant pieces of poo poo. Hes a big fan of RLM by the way.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

powerful sex moves posted:

There is. It shows the entire fight and it's nuts but I don't know how I would even find it again. Search for "some dude who looks like Mike Stoklasa kicks a bunch of rear end," maybe?

edit: lol "mike stoklasa fight" worked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvv-kgq6YWw

Ill never understand the logic of the 2nd guy.

Hmmm he knocked my buddy out cold, I think Ill go stand in punching range of him.

Holy poo poo this was in the comments:

>"Third Reich" Mike
>"Myklon B" Stoklasa
>Mike "The friend of the family Grave Digger" Stoklasa
>Mike "the Milwaukee Mulatto Murderer" Stoklasa
>Mike "The White Plague" Stoklasa
>Mike "Kill a Kike" Stoklasa
>Mike "Pulling the Trigger on Every friend of the family" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Clip-Tips to Crypts Kid" Stoklasa
>Mike "Going Rambo on Sambo" Stoklasa
>Mike "Impugn the Coon" Stoklasa
>Mike "Minority Deport" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Spook Nuke" Stoklasa
>Mike "Peekaboo, Jiggaboo!" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Quaking Quadroon Quasher" Stoklasa
>Mike "Sambo Saboteur" Stoklasa
>Mike "Eschew the Jew" Stoklasa
>Mike "Ampf" Stoklasa
>Mike "Kebab Shishkebab" Stoklasa
>Mike "Stein Slayer" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Beaner Brainer" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Mudskin Manslaughterer" Stoklasa
>Mike "Purger of Mud" Stoklasa
>Mike "Kill a Kike" Stoklasa
>Mike "Holla at ya Holocaust" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Milwaukee Shrike" Stoklasa
>Mike "One Man Klan" Stoklasa
>Mike "Catch Me If You Klan" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Renegade World Trade Grenade" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Kike Striker" Stoklasa
>Mike "Threw A Rock At A POC" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Mongoloid Murdering Mandiac" Stoklasa
>Mike "White Future, Bright Future" Stoklasa
>Mike "Holoclasa" Stoklasa
>Mike "Kike Krowd Krusher" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Racial Pain Hurricane" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Spic Brick" Stoklasa
>Mike "No Darky Malarky" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Anti-Kike" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Pilot Light" Stoklasa
>Mike "The friend of the family Fright" Stoklasa
>Mike "The KKK-Knight" Stoklasa
>Mike "The White Might" Stoklasa
>Mike "going mental on the oriental" Stoklasa
>Mike "Wham Bam Nuke Vietnam!" Stoklasa

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

powerful sex moves posted:

If anyone doesn't know the source of this - it's a 4chan meme originating from Garret Gilchrist's drunken exposé of RLM where he claimed Mike was a racist, Rich was a crackbaby and Jay got too drunk and yelled a girl's name once.

Classic Gilchrist!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

dreezy posted:

I liked how they couldn't even pretend to say nice things about max landises new movie

To be fair they didnt say anything bad about it either.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

dreezy posted:

cause he would whine on twitter and when he cums to watch neil breen movies with them.

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

eSporks posted:

I thought of a way to sum up my thoughts on why the VVitch is a terrible movie, and its because its 3 different movies and doesn't understand the story its telling. The first act sets up a movie about a witch terrorizing a family. The second act has nothing to do with awitch and is just about a family tearing itself apart through fear. Then the third act is about the witch again and just over the top cheese. Act 2 would have been a good movie, but its completely undermined by the context its placed in by act 1. Act 3 would have been a good ending to evil dead. Act 1 is still pretty bad though.
This trailer just kept getting better and better. I have to see this movie.

We got robots, we got cavemen, we got kungfu, and loving roman soldiers from the future!

Thw whole movie is on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0wLhZRaV78

• Locked thread