Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

a bone to pick posted:

you mean like, post-wheelchair or pre-wheelchair?

Post.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I can't imagine wanting to see a film less than theory of everything

Yeah it wasn't great. But if you're concerned about Stephen Hawking's dick not working, rest easy.

It does.

Work, I mean. It really, really works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I just know there's a list somewhere on imdb:
  • Power Rangers 2 - 2019
  • Power Rangers 3 - 2020
  • Beetle Borgs - 2021
  • Power Rangers 3 Part 2 - TBD

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

All I can think about is how less-funny those would be if Josh were in them.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

mng posted:

It took my drunk rear end way too long to figure out that Horse Ninja was a joke. I might actually be retarded.

Hey, me too man :respek:

I was wondering why Freddie hadn't done a sketch for the BotW. That was some pretty great Horse Ninja art.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I'm happy leaving him where he was - right on cliff edge on top of the chasm leading down, down to Wizard.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Sockser posted:

Tiers:
Jack
Rich

Holy poo poo.

quote:

Tiers:
Josh with a Beard
The Canadians

HOLY poo poo

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Jay on the pre-rec

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

powerful sex moves posted:

"because Jack's a loving clown weirdo" is somehow funnier on rewatch. It's the real disdain in Rich's voice.

Jack is never going to move up my list as long as he genuinely believes that the the majority of normal people genuinely like clowns.

Edit: Let's share some of our favorite RLM moments.

I liked, in the Spider-Man reboot episode of HiiB, when Mike said, "I want to put my Dunst... in Kirsten's Cunst."

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 13, 2017

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Pre-Rec news injection from tonight:

- Rich is working on repair/replace of the wheel
- Rich was/is genuinely upset that Mike broke it.
- Jack deflects his obvious culpability

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

We Know Catheters posted:

Has Rich ever left Milwaukee?

Since he moved there from Chicago?

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Disney keeps hittin the FUCKIN HOME RUNS

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Zzulu posted:

RLM isn't about consuming media, it's about casting harsh judgement upon it

same reason i got into SA

Yeah, but by now all the layers of irony and meta-analyses have collapsed on one another, and the distinction between consuming media and deriding it no longer exists.

Y'all even notice how Rich Evans, whenever he makes a joke that makes him laugh, he repeats the beginning of the joke under his breath? I noticed it once, and now I realize he's done that almost every time. I first noticed when he came up with "Tranny-Tracker 5000", and could really hear him, because no one laughed.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I still don't buy that Gillian got past Jack's giant dick, and Mike's alpha musk, and Rich's childlike sense of wonder only to have a crush on a metamorphosing Jay. I think the's just a touchy-feely thespian type.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

powerful sex moves posted:

She was only touchin' and feelin' on Jay though.

He's non-threatening.

Yug posted:

we really don't have a confirmed size for jay's dick

That's fair.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Wonder who'll be wearing the glass frames next time.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Space Taxi posted:

I challenge you to find one still from the movie where he doesn't look like a huge dork.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

It's :siren: ATTENTION ABUSE :siren: The most heinous of all internet crimes.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Episode 8 will have C-3P0 reading to a sick Ewok in bed as a framing device for the story.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

That's Adam Scott isn't it.

I thought it was weird that the rebel ship in RO could do that, after we had just seen other rebel ships break up against star destroyers like so many dingies against rocks. That a rebel ship could push one destroyer into another and then into the barrier gate felt to me like me being able to push a truck in neutral into another truck that's not in neutral and then push them both through the front of a building.

But if that ship was build to do that or whatever, that's cool. It was fun to watch.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

a bone to pick posted:

well they shut down that destroyer's shields and engines in the previous scenes I believe, allowing the hammerhead, a ship designed to ram things, to give it the thrust it needed to fall with the planet's gravity into the shield gate.

why is this scene so hard to understand?

Yeah it's not. Just the idea of a capital space ship being build to withstand ramming wasn't totally obvious to me. Calling a ship "Hammerhead" in an armada commanded by fish monsters makes its role at least a little ambiguous.

Again though - again - it's fine. It looked cool. It's all fine.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

You just made me realize I've never listened to one of their commentaries. Goin to watch Jurassic Park brb

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Captain Lavender posted:

You just made me realize I've never listened to one of their commentaries. Goin to watch Jurassic Park brb

I'm in the middle of a 10-minute Star Trek derail. 10/10

Edit: And Jay is referencing Gremlins 2 over and over. It's pure-strain RLM

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 23, 2017

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Real stellar Pre-rec:

- Rich using "nerd culture" and "nerd blackface" unironically (guess what he's referring to!!)
- Jack is trying to guilt people into turning off adblock for their streams, lol

I think I would rather see every video on the internet wiped out in a pole-swapping, solar-storm type event than watch a single ad I don't have to for the privilege of watching someone try to make a living playing video games.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Rich also mentioned in a hot pre-rec sclusie that he's fixed the Wheel of the Worst. Not re-made, but fixed the existing one.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Mulaney Power Move posted:

here let me consult my redlettermedia dick size comparison chart

lol if you don't actually have one

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

a bone to pick posted:

Nah they made the point that sonic has always sucked and they were right for once.

Yeah their exposé that Sonic is not good is Pre-Rec's Jack & Jill episode.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

We Know Catheters posted:

I like to put the BoTW playlist on random and fall asleep to them. I've had some interesting dreams.

In case anyone forgot this exists:

https://cytu.be/r/redlettermedia

Happy Hippo posted:

All I know is that Rich Evans needs to hop to and get to making a new Wheel of the Worst pronto.

Dude claims he already fixed the original

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Rich, when asked what his caviar dreams are:

"I wanna not have to worry about the day people stop caring about Red Letter Media, and the money goes away; I want to not worry about keeping a roof over my head. I want to be a home owner"

Godspeed Dick Evans :sadwave:

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I was worried I'd have to watch this whole movie again, but most of this commentary has nothing to do with what's happening in the movie, so you could listen to it like a podcast.

And lol at the Star Wars horror movie "VVampa"

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 29, 2017

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

It's a dead X-mas tree with some really pretty baubles.

er, what you said.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Space Taxi posted:

Remember that magical time when you first discovered RLM and you binged through a seemingly endless supply of content. Then one day you caught up and realised, these assholes hardy release anything. Then you become a true RLM fan: miserable, frustrated and lonely, waiting for your fake friends to acknowledge you once more with a new stupid superhero review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXqyLPbcQvo&t=1s

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I've actually never laughed harder in a theater than at South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. Saw it in high school with a group, I think it was just a right time, right place kind of thing. "Uncle fucker" heh heh...

I half hoped they were going to auto-tune Mr. Plinkett at the end there.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Randarkman posted:

They hang dong in that show?

"Hang" nothing. There were no less than 2 fully or near-erect johnsons in last night's episode.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

counterfeitsaint posted:

Game drat man, spoilers geeze.

Aw my bad. I figure those dongs are largely plot-adjacent, should still be able to enjoy the show.

I do like that show btw, irrespective of wangitude.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Dapper_Swindler posted:

drat he looks bored, plus all the scenes they show are basically on rail segments of the game and you can tell he is just hitting buttons randomly because he doesnt give a gently caress.

I feel like you could make a movie with Harrison Ford and Robert DeNiro where they both play people with Locked-In Syndrome, and they'd still find a way to phone it in.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I'll watch this on the crapper.

EDIT: lmfao

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 10, 2017

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Groovelord Neato posted:

i think mike used his same "shlock" excuse he used for jurassic world.

The HitB with Gillian is great, because Mike shits on her non-stop for liking romantic comedies as a guilty pleasure - the way people like fast food as a quick way to get some lovely food when they're in the mood - basically called her a giant idiot. And then he went on to defend action schlock later in the same episode, and every episode since.

I still love Mike, despite his review of Jurassic World, but man, it was tough to hang in there.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Looking for quick cash, Han and Lando get a job as wheelmen for Boba Fett's merc group who are hunting down a group of wookie dissidents. They fall in with the wookie Chewbacca who joins them as they go on the lam. Lando gets a job mining cloud stuff with his uncle in Cloud City:

Han: But who's gonna be my co-pilot?
Lando: Looks like you just found one
Chewie: *barking and howling*
Han: Oh boy...

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 14, 2017

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Sometimes watching pre-rec is ok

Wanna hang out with pizzatrain

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

monster on a stick posted:

Apparently Jack said something about how women spend all their money on shoes and chat is not letting it go. What did he say?

idk, I'm in and out. But he's mostly getting poo poo on for demanding that movies "show and don't tell" at all times. Also, trying to backpedal a bad opinion by saying that a 'payoff' and a 'callback' in movies are totally different.

• Locked thread