Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

khwarezm posted:

That's really funny if you know anything about biology because spiders are on a totally different lineage to people, you can't go 'back' there, no one's ancestor was ever a spider!

The salamander thing legit makes more sense in that regard.

No, I know it doesn't actually work like that at all but I'm trying to understand what kind of twisted logic they were using in that episode to make Barclay into a spider. I'm assuming it's based on how we share a certain percentage of DNA with every living thing, including spiders (and bananas). But yeah, obviously we didn't actually descend from spiders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Paladinus posted:

STAR TREK! I loving LOVE STAR TREK!

It's really bad. I've seen all Star Trek ever made except for like half of Voyager and I can barely remember anything about any of it because it's mostly mediocre, often bad and very infrequently actually good.

Still, it's kind of on-topic for this thread, since RLM themselves so often have ST derails.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Gildiss posted:

Bones and Spock and Kirk trading sick rear end burns is the best. TOS is good.

Agreed. Most of the stuff I actually like is TOS.

Paladinus posted:

I've only watched maybe 10 episodes from all iterations of the TV show combined, and also a couple of films with Rifftrax. Oh, and the first new one. I am happy I've saved a lot of time while reaching the same conclusion.

I wish I was as wise as you. All that time...gone.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

That Leonardo Retardo video was loving nuts. It's not bad enough you're stalking the dude but then you gotta go and talk poo poo about his body too? Ice cold, man.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

It was.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

WampaLord posted:

As someone who consumes a lot of weed, let me tell you that that man also consumes a lot of weed.

Same and agreed

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I missed the last 7 pages. What's up, gang?

You didn't miss much.

Well, okay, Jay did come in to the thread to show us his dick for some reason but it wasn't that great tbh.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I'm about to get high and watch Enter the Void. This is a good idea, right?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I was going to watch The Void but Jay said it was meh and he's right about everything always, so then I didn't. Sounds like it was the right call.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Again, sounds like I made the right call.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

WampaLord posted:

That's all the stuff that I was talking about when I said "actual factual job" you dingus!

Before all of that, he was slumming it on YouTube! I was loving saying that he's lucky for now having all that! I wasn't saying that "Now that he has been a cameo in a movie, he has made it"

I thought it was pretty obvious what you meant.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

On the PreRec stream last night, Rich was telling Jack a story about how one time on the Half in the Bag set he cut his hand really bad and was bleeding all over. Jay and Mike just told Rich to get the gently caress off the set because he was bleeding all over it.

lmao

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Vaguido posted:

Should I see Atomic Blonde? I saw Valerian last week and hated it so I want to see a movie that isn't bad this week. Thanks in advance.

You could see Dunkirk? I've heard good things and I'm going tonight. I feel like even if you're not a big Christopher Nolan fan, you kinda can't argue that he doesn't make good films. Like, there's some dumb stuff in Interstellar (and Interception) but it's objectively well-made and entertaining for most of its runtime. All of his movies are.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Make sure your date likes full on nude lesbian sex scenes featuring Sofia Boutella sucking on Charlize Theron's titty.

Uh...yeah, okay, I'm in.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Mike puts a little product in his hair and consistently keeps up his 5 o'clock shadow look at least. He's not a total slob.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I wouldn't call it "terrible" by any means, but yeah, it's not his best work.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I volunteer to go on the internet show and embarrass myself. Let's make this happen.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

violentlycitrus posted:

thanks for recommending this guy

Yeah, same.

Mostly all I use Youtube for is RLM, JRock videos and creepy ASMR videos of pretty girls brushing each other's hair when I'm high.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

When I say creepy, I mean creepy. I'll never live it down.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Jay was on a Screen Junkies a couple times so I can't hate them completely I guess.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Yeah, Honest Trailers can be good. Sometimes it feels like they're really reaching but if they show up in my sidebar I'll always click on them because they're more good than bad generally.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Late GenXers are responsible for a lot of the nostalgia bullshit too. All that Transformers, Ninja Turtles, GI Joe stuff.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

priznat posted:

I'm that era and I haaaaaate all those remakes as do all the other people I grew up with.

:same:

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

The worst thing about the pee tub sex is that having sex in water is a bad idea to begin with because water gets forced up there and water doesn't make a good lubricant. You're just asking for a yeast infection too. So this chick is just getting pee squirted up into her over and over. That scene made me a little queasy.

The way you do tub sex is, you gotta, like, do it over the edge of the tub, bent over. Not in the actual water. Or pee, in this case.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

bloom posted:

I had sex in a lake once and survived so I'm calling bs on this

Do you have a vagina?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Hey man, I didn't say anyone was gonna die from it. Just kinda grody imo. To each their own. Shove all the pee up your rear end you want.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I agree and in fact would say that every episode is good - just some are more good than others.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Josh is mostly "fine" but when he's bad he's real bad.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Josh thinks the point of the discussion is to describe these movies in their entirety to us.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Entropic posted:

They must have stupid expensive ticket prices.

The ones around here are the same price as the lovely old style theaters. Ours don't serve meals or have waiters but they have beer on tap, wine and mixed drinks and nicer snacks at the concession stand in addition to the usual movie theater classics. Also, the seats recline and are much more comfortable. There's no reason to go to the lovely old style theaters anymore.

On the rare occasion I do end up at an old theater because it's the only place playing a certain movie, it just seems so sad and outdated. Like, you guys are still doing this, huh? You know it's 2017, right?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

It's $15 here in CT, but everything here is more expensive than average.

e: oh no, wait. It's $12. I don't know where I got 15 from.

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 7, 2017

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Yeah, they don't really need to charge a higher ticket price because most of their profit comes from the food and drink.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Oh yeah, I've seen that. I tried to watch The Begun of Tigtone but it's uh...not good.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Do you guys not know they did a commentary track for Ghostbusters 2?

efb

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Once I stopped watching the Pre-Rec streams, my annoyance with Jack magically evaporated. He's fine on BotW but watching him badly play video games and try to be funny for like 3 hours is insufferable and painful. imo.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I watched it in the beginning because Jay was usually on and it's more like the RLM podcast when he's on. He's not on much anymore though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Firefly was a generally enjoyable show but a lot of the Western stuff was really corny. It was a little cringey at times and I could've done without stuff like the episode about the Old West brothel. It was mostly good though.

I think the people who loudly hate on it are doing it in response to the excessive praise for it. It's one of the most overrated things ever made (which isn't to say it's bad - just not as perfect and amazing as people make it out to be) and its most vocal fans are obnoxious. Naturally people are going to want to point out that the only reason it seems so perfect and amazing is because it never had a chance to get bad like every long-running sci-fi show does at some point.

Hearing nerds cry about some dumb show getting cancelled like it was a horrible injustice worth writing screeds about turned a lot of people off too. I just got sick of hearing about it for a while there. It was like THE hot button nerd issue of the day.

Basically, like with lots of things - the fandom ruined it. (Which isn't fair to the show, of course).

• Locked thread