Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

nomad2020 posted:

It is its own separate credit score that's only tangentially related to the other credit score.

It isn't a ceedit score. Banks report people to chexsystems who either bail on an account still owing money or comit check or atm fraud. The former usually wont prevent you from opening an account at the big banks as long as you don't owe money to that bank, but nobody opens accounts for known fraudsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

nomad2020 posted:

Try again.

Lol how about you say what you take issue with there first?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

nomad2020 posted:

You guessed wrong :shrug:

About chexsystems being a credit score? Nonsense. If there is some internal scoring that an institution you have worked for is using then I wouldn't know about that, but I have seen many an efunds report andbit tells you if there is a retail indicator and if there are charged off checking accounts. No score unless that is a newer optional product.

If you mean people not opening accounts for KNOWN fraudsters, well all I can say is I don't know a lot of people who want thier name on the paperwork approving an exception for a multi thousand dollar new account loss when they might only make a couple bucks for opening the account.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Gloryhold It! posted:

What we need is an argument about dog scores

Doge scores. For loans denominated in doge coins.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

MF_James posted:

dick in the wild.

Better than the ones in captivity. But whatever you do, don't admit to your sister when she comes over for dinner that the dick is raised in captivity instead of wild caught.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Pick posted:

they're largely unregulated. you can pretty regularly find them at garage sales and stuff. here you can buy some online.

Is this taxidermy thing just a cover? Are you the female Buffalo Bill?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Pick posted:

I only have the human skull for moral consistency. So if people ask how I feel about dead animals I can say that I don't discriminate and I have dead human parts too.

Maybe it's a PNW thing, but I just don't get the creeps from taxidermy, and people who are uncomfortable with it seem like crunchy granola heads to me. If you eat any meat taxidermy that is not of endangered animals should be just fine. You should check out the basement of the old Abbey in St. Paul, OR if you haven't already though. Edit: Mt Angel.

therobit fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 9, 2017

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

You guys keep saying "relatively often" but you haven't said how common it is to be raising someone else's kid. 1 per 1000? 1 per 100? I kind of doubt it is very common in the cases where you are already married to someone and are having a baby. If you aren't married or aren't exclusive then caveat emptor.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Mordor She Wrote posted:

My parents hated driving so I only ever got to go to Camp Snoopy a couple times and my father told me to avoid Minneapolis/St. Paul cause you'll get killed by the "gangs".

Did your dad get mugged by Garrison Keiler?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I dunno, I'm not R/childfree but I get pretty annoyed when my coworkers take off repeatedly for reasons involving their children and I have to cover for them.

I am, however, getting promoted after two months at a new job so it's not like your reliability will go unnoticed forever.

I imagine that if something happened and you needed to be there to care for a family member on short notice, hopefully they would have your back. The tough thing for parents is that if a childcare provider falls through on you or your kid is sick, you can't just leave them alone. We try to have contingency plans but if those fall through also we are SOL. A business should not be so dependent on one person being there that they can't handle a delay of a few hours.

Alternatively if you are complaining about working dor 10 hours when parents skate after 8, you should put your foot down and leave after 8 hours also. Working extra devalues your labor.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Psycho Society posted:

Beep boop I am robit, thoughtfulness and personal effort hold no value against
code:
MARIE CALENDARS BRAND AESTHETICALLY FLAWLESS RED VELVET CAKE

boop bip

Liar.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Blue Train posted:

Download the awful app it's good

It does the same thing to me with the app.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Barudak posted:

Maybe you should have investigated his fundamentals and taken a look at his past books before taking a long position on your boss.

While this is true, the reality is thay the entire boss dong sector is extremely volatile where even an experienced player can lose thier shirt. It is just not the right investment for a younger, inexperienced investor to make, especially if they do not already have a large and diversified portfolio. The truth is that once you adjust for risk, it is hard to beat the steady returns of a boring old index dong with the buy and hold strategy.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

pretty sure I had this neighbor back when she'd call in everyone standing on the sidewalk as a drug dealer

So what were you carrying in the bag?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Bubblyblubber posted:

"Don't hit your brother's soft spot honey, you're gonna set him off"

My step sister [16F] hit the back of my head while I have a concussion (PCS) I [16M] Threatened her. How or should I apologise Non-Romantic

I love teenagers-being-lovely stories, the fact that there's actual brain damage in this one is just icing on the poo poo cake.

Yeah pretty sure he was justified, and if she did it again a sibling on sibling rear end whoopin' would be the appropriate response.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Buzkashi posted:

My [24F] husband [24M] keeps coming home from work and waking the baby up while he's sleeping. I can't take it anymore. He's inconsiderate of him when he's sleeping in general.

Holy poo poo throw this dude on the loving murderpile

They are gonna find this guy's mutilated body in a field. I would vote to acquit if on the jury.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Lol "cannabis addicts."

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Khorne posted:

She shoved him from behind and he stumbled over first. Doesn't make it right, but it's not like he got drunk and violent or something.

It sounds like she is an awful person to be around and he's trying to do the growing up he didn't do during the first 30 years of his life.

Yeah, a single open handed slap in that situation is not something I would do, but it is understandable and doesn't make him a monster. His wife is loving crazy though.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

54 40 or gently caress posted:

There was a honest to god piece on CBC radio recently about a woman who swore off soap seven years ago:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/...ng-up-1.4038322

These people will kill us all

People could do to use a lot less soap than modern Americans typically do, but none is too little.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

What kind of moron tells his girlfriend that her boobs are "icky" like a literal 12 year old? What kind of moron says anything strongly negative about his girlfriend's appearance? What kind of moron dates someone for 2 years who he isn't attracted to? What kind of moron acts like this at goddamn 25 years old? :catstare:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Play posted:

Unfortunately this cute story was ruined for me by the idea of a shut-in fat girl covered in flour by the neighbor boy who left his fedora so he could have an excuse to come back.

awww who am i kidding its still adorable :3

Dude took that "Your mama so fat" joke a little too seriously.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Goons are so used to patholgizing all sorts of behavior that even a normal cute story seems wierd and indicative of poor mental health and or fedora wearing.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Dude who found the guy cucking him in the closet is a retard for even considering sticking around. I don't know if I could walk away peacefully in that circumstance, but if I could then the wife would be leaving amd I would be changing the locks.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Play posted:

Can't remember if this one was posted before, but enjoy

Lol trap sprung. But what a loving moron for having unprotected sex with a woman who isn't on birth control when you aren't comfortable with the possibility of a baby at the end of it.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I also get the impression that a lot of them are really young yet and may change thier tune later. I know that some women do come under a lot of pressure to have kids from their parents but the r/childfree folks probably are not mostly made up of those women. They are probably offended that the social norm is not with them.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Lol @ "the only reason I don't do anything."

Kid, what the hell are you going to "do" about the people feeding and clothing you making rules about your continued presence in thier home when you ain't even at the age of majority?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Just start leaving brochures for really lovely retirement homes around geez kid learn what leverage is

If the parents are boomers just uttering the words "nursing home" should be enough. My father has requested that if it comes down to a nursing home or death from neglect, he would prefer I just wheel him out to the back section of the farm and leave him there. "I won't come back, don't worry."

This is when I accidentally referred to the assisted living facility my grandparents were in as a nursing home. Apparently it was different enough when grandma went to an adult foster care home.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Benagain posted:

Much like the most misogynist straight dudes fear gay men will do them what they do to women, the shittiest boomers fear that their children will do to them what they did to their parents.

Honestly grandma's foster care home was pretty good, and was necessary once the assisted living facility was no longer appropriate to her needs. Dad was just scared of the words "nursing home" because that generation saw thier grandparents/great uncles and aunts living in squalor and neglect in some pretty horrific ones back in the day.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

When faced with that question, always lie.

Edir: Actually just always lie no matter what the question is.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

A deaf person with an implant is still a deaf person and the "hearing" is not the same as with natural ears. One of my wife's relatives was deaf from 3 until his 50s and then got an implant. He still needs to read your lips to understand what you say.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm sure having it during the critical window when humans are primed for learning language makes a big difference. To me that's the most offensive part of depriving your child of one.

Yes is is basically child abuse not to get it for your kid if you are able.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

They also promote actively abusive practices IIRC

Please elaborate.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

this one had a great comment:

I totally do that too, I find it easier to eat whatever I would normally find least palatable if I'm hungry so I just mow through whatever side i'm not a fan of to get it out of the way without being rude.

e: honestly he should just go for the long con, keep lyin for years and years and years and then bust it out in some gigantic argument.

Or even better "I love you so much I ate this thing that I hate the taste of with a smile on my face for 10 years. "

To which she will reply "Then why is it so hard to reciprocate oral sex?"

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Das Boo posted:

I remember an E/N thread where someone was advising a woman on dealing with her BEEP-BOOP MY NUMBERS ARE LOGICAL YOU ARE EMOTIONAL HOOMAN husband. They framed it as an equation where a very important set of numbers (the emotional component) gets thrown out. And no matter how small the number in an equation, if you ignore it you're going to end up with the wrong answer.

I also wonder if these folks deal with clients the same way. "Mr. Brady, I know you'd really a ranch home because it reminds you of your childhood but I'm going to build a colonial because quite frankly, I find your choice illogical."

Most of them are not allowed near external customers for good reason.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

therobit posted:

Most of them are not allowed near external customers for good reason.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

The deaf man I know was raised by a hearing family in the 50s and didn't even get the benefit of sign language or a school for the deaf. They just stuck him in school and told him to follow his older brother's lead. This of course lead to him being functionally illiterate but luckily he wa s able to become a machinist in a factory where he was discriminated against constantly. When he got his implant in the 90s it totally changed life for him and his family. When he gets really pissed off at his wife he shuts off his speech processor so he doesn't have to listen to her. To be fair I can't stand listening to her either though.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Beetle breeding is alright. i liked it better when she was cooperating with park services to reintroduce endangered butterflies to massachusetts but the grant money got redirected to loving solar road bullshit. she fell to breeding fighting beetles for dancing money but got burned out pretty quick. there was some twitter drama last year and someone accused her of releasing predatory mantises into the sales floor at Beetlecon so poo poo's just been fuckin haywire since then. i think someone threw a container of ladybugs at my window. either that or a robin sitting on my rain gutter puked.

anyway haha I found this post just by the hilarious title alone:

My [30M] wife [34F] ran afoul of Yakuza beetle warriors & now all the teppanyaki chefs in town constantly cut my tires every time I want teppanyaki. What should I do?

the post isn't important so don't bother googling it. That hilarious title is hilarious enough that it warrants discussion on its own merit. I mean obviously this dude shouldn't go on some kind of rampage because, rampages are never good. but what SHOULD he do, do you think?

Please buy her an account and have her post a thread about her experiences and related drama around tje shadowy world of beetle breeding.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Yes, because goons know better than licenced professionals that met with and evaluated a patient. Seriously, not everything is mental illness or some tragedy that people need help for. Sometimes people are dumbshits or lazy assholes with no other pathology or reason behind it.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

All we have to go on is what the OP wrote. It is entirely possible that a professional said "nothing clinically wrong."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Modus Pwnens posted:

Having a nearly identical stripper sister is never not going to gently caress with her relationships, so I don't see why she needs to bail on this one.

It is also never gonna not be a steamy Penthouse letters submission. The only reasonable solution here is a hot threesome.