Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Party subs are an abomination in general so if anything he was taking one for the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Motherfucker posted:

I'm sitting here tryna mouth 'bazonkas' and make sense of what my mouth is doing and its just not fuckin' happening.

from pages and pages back but all I could think of was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSVkprXlc6k

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I was 2 1/2 when my sister was born.

I wasn't there, I wouldn't have wanted to be there, and I wouldn't have remembered it if I was.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Parasite-infested poster lost all credibility when he described the worms as "cute"

That's how you can tell they've reached the brain, they control him now.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for ruining my sister's chances at reconciling with her fiancé?

Let me preface this by saying that this incident happened a year and some change ago, but I wanted to see what y'all make of it..

Background: My sister was engaged to this guy who was madly, head-over-heels in love with her. She was his first love, but she'd had many relationships before him. She was engaged to another guy before him and had had many tumultuous relationships. That's mostly due to her violent and extremely narcissistic tendencies. A pattern that we all saw with her is that she'd instigate many fights with the guy, push him away, cry miserably and play the victim card every time, then regret how angry and aggressive she got with them, reconcile & repeat. This same pattern happened with this fiancé over and over, and he'd always be the one to apologize and ask for forgiveness.. until one day it escalated to the point where she decided to break off the engagement.

What he did: Tried to call her many many times, she wouldn't reply. He spoke with my dad and my dad agreed to talk to my sister about it. My sister again played victim and was adamant that she no longer wants anything to do with him. She'd always talk poo poo about him and even made fun of how ugly/disgusting/unattractive she thought he was. It was just sad. Long story short, he kept texting my sister all kinds of sappy poo poo (their memories, songs etc.), he also started leaving her notes on her car, and went so far as to follow her around (stalking behaviour on his part, I know) and she even kept note of the days on which he followed her and the places. It was just an ego boost to her, she wasn't afraid of him following her around cuz she knew he wouldn't harm her. This happened over the course of 4 months approximately. When my brother found out, he told her to report him to authorities so he would back off, but she didn't because like I said - ego boost: he's still in love with me, he knows my worth she'd say.

What I did: I've always had a very rocky relationship with my sister (I'm younger). I was subject to the same lovely treatment as her boyfriends/partners and got to see how manipulative and bitchy she can really be. I won't go into details but she treated me like absolute poo poo basically. I was so sick of it that I one day decided to get back at her,, and as the saying goes: "Revenge is a dish best served cold." So I made a fake facebook account, posed as my sister's close friend, reached out to the guy, and gave enough details for him to know that I knew the story personally. I told him what she'd been saying about him, and that he should cut his losses and move on. The poor guy was petrified, and couldn't believe that while she was bashing him, he was still in love with her and hoping to reconcile.

He never contacted her again, and the following her around stopped shortly after that. He got engaged to another girl a few months later.

My sister doesn't know about this. She still thinks about him and wonders if she should've given him another chance. (the regret has set in)

From the sounds of it she really helped that dude dodge a bullet.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Hellblazer187 posted:

Update on the grounded adult.

I will take steps to be a better boy.

yeah so we're all agreed that there's some Get Out poo poo going on here right

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for cutting open a car's convertible top because there was a dog inside and it was very hot?

I was walking to work this morning, and I passed by a convertible that had a soft top, with a clear plastic sun roof on top. All the windows were shut and the convertible top was closed too. I saw a big dog in there, a big hairy dog. Sorry I don't know dog breeds.

The dog was panting really hard, and I was worried, it was like 85 farenheit outside of the car, and I figured the sunroof was making it act like a greenhouse, it was probably way hotter inside. I touched the roof and it was hot as hell.

I looked around and gave a yell "Who's car is this with the dog" and couldn't find the owner. So I tried to carefully peel the convertible top down for a few minutes but it wasn't budging. I took out my pocketknife and slit the roof open in a big L shape and as soon as I did that, hot air was rushing out.

I thought it was worth it to save a dog; car softtops are replaceable. And the dog was very lethargic looking, just laying there panting for air.

I took my water bottle from my backpack and started giving the dog water, when some dude came walking fast down the street at me, cussing me out. I tried to explain real fast that there was a dog in there, and he said that it was his drat car and his drat dog. All this happened when he was coming towards me. There was something about the way he was yelling and the look on his face, and the aggressive way he was coming towards me that scared the hell out of me.

I can't explain it completely, but I had a really strong gut feeling that I'd get beat on if he reached me. I'm a small chick, my dad used to have a temper, and I know what it looks like when someone is coming at you with bad intentions. And I know how little chance I stood if I was right.

So I booked it, and ran the last few blocks to work, which is in a secured building. And only slowed down once the door was locked behind me.

I told my office mates what had happened, and they were kind of questioning me about whether I could have tried harder to find the owner, called 911 instead, not ran when I did.

AITA for trying to save a dog?

Edit - Breaking into a car if there is an animal or child in there on a hot day is legal where I live.

I have no idea why people don't at least leave their windows cracked open if they're going to leave their dog in the car. Even if you don't think you'll be doing whatever it is you're doing long enough to matter, at least make it obvious the dog is and will be fine.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

HOT BREAD! posted:

Sorry for cluttering up the thread with ~mY oPiNiOnS~, here's some horrifying content featuring gay anime catboys, thanks and god bless

My [24M] boyfriend [27M] has turned into an anime character and I'm not sure what to do anymore.(self.relationship_advice)

UPDATE: My [24M] boyfriend [27M] has turned into an anime character and I'm not sure what to do anymore.

:barf:

What the gently caress

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

FilthyImp posted:

No, but it's weird to get hung up on people having unprotected recreational hookup sex like you just heard about it in the bathroom of a middle school or whatever.

Anybody having unprotected sex with complete strangers is a giant idiot who needs to go back to their loving middle school sex ed class

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Barudak posted:

Get the dog put down and adopt your brother

counterpoint: Get the mother put down

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Kuros posted:

Let's move past and heal from extremely online being extremely online and read about this lady destroying the poo poo out of her lovely father

AITA for publicly disowning my father and dead half sister?

I'm gonna be honest, saying "I never cared about this ten year old child who just died of cancer" is not a good look, regardless of how lovely the father is.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

aardwolf posted:

...so both your parents do this?

He doesn't have any, everyone knows Three Olives spawned fully formed in an upscale Dallas condo back in the early 2000s.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

i vomit kittens posted:

i made the stupid mistake of asking my boyfriend about his sexual history before me

:barf:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for choosing our dog over a child?

I love dogs as much as anyone but good lord what an rear end in a top hat

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

It might not be if the business is owned by said insane CEO. :911:

Photoshopping invoices is 100% fraud.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
While it is possible that calling the police can result in a shooting, it is also not likely. See: roughly 1,000 people are shot by the police every year, and by comparison there are over 240 million calls to 911. Meanwhile, we're not talking about calling the police on a family barbeque in a public park - if the food truck is parked in the crosswalk and forcing people to go around and cross in traffic, the threat of someone getting injured as a result is far, far more likely than the vanishingly small chance of the cop deciding to flat-out murder a person instead of just issuing them a ticket and forcing them to move.

There are an immense number of issues with policing in America, the danger of calling them is not non-zero, and actively trying to not get the police involved when there's no threat to public safety is certainly admirable, but... there is a threat here, one that needs to be addressed.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Inceltown posted:

There is a precise number of police performing extrajudicial killings that should happen when call them about something. It's 0. Any more than that and you have a problem.

This is very true and it's extremely hosed up!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

quote:

Lastly, I told my father that he was born in the dirt and just because he managed to procreate in a wealthy family, he would never truly become 'one of us'.

guillotine

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Mr. Lobe posted:

Older sister rules

I mean

quote:

My sister has now blocked everyone except me and my siblings and has withdrawn all financial support from every single one of my cousins from both my mum and dad's side. She's been pretty generous with her money even if she doesn't keep contact with my cousins so that the kids can have a better education or go to college.

Now my mum's side cousins are upset that she's withdrawn financial support when they haven't done anything and thought they'd actually had a pretty good relationship with my sister.

Clearly the dad is a dick and doesn't deserve reconciliation but cutting off literally everyone in the family over one cousin being a dumbass sure is a thing alright

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Mr. Lobe posted:

The story says they never really defended or supported her. Sounds like she decided they weren't worth the trouble anymore. I respect anyone who's willing to cut out hard like that.

...The story doesn't actually say that? It says the older sister thinks that about her direct siblings (who disagree), but doesn't say anything about the cousins on the mother's side who presumably wouldn't have much, if any contact with the cousins on the father's side. It really just reads like the older sister decided to go full scorched earth and arbitrarily cut everyone out of her life.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
^
ah, missed that part

Xarbala posted:

Frankly it's her prerogative, she's been bankrolling their kids' education for how many years? And basically doing so while getting nothing in return except cousins constantly picking at old wounds. This was just the straw that broke the camel's back. And it just so happens that said camel was the only millionaire in the family.

Sure, it's her money, she can do what she wants with it. Still a dick move to cut off everyone imo (especially the cousins on the mother's side who had nothing to do with said old wounds)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Pirate Radar posted:

We saw the original here a while back but there’s an update now

I gave my friend POA and now I want it back but he’s making it difficult

Update

shame they didn't see this informative documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mghxZzWVO7A

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

kimbo305 posted:

Andrew Hussey seems too proud and "well adjusted" to go to Reddit for advice.

He's also 40 (Which surprised the hell out of me when I looked it up). Toby Fox makes sense since the ages match up, and if it is I do feel bad for him.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Judging by how the sister reacted, I don't blame the dude for escaping through the window since there was no way that confrontation was going to end well if everyone was already on the ex's side.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

therobit posted:

Yeah, ages would be really important here. I'm assuming the brother is an adult. If he's a kid living at home and the OP is an adult that changes things.

From the comments on the post, the brother is 25 and lives at home.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
From the writing style the author is clearly an rear end in a top hat, but as presented the sister just as clearly the one in the wrong, especially given that the iPad was something the author used for work. But as mentioned, it's either fake or everyone involved is a giant idiot for not suggesting they merely repair the tablet instead.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

FoolyCharged posted:

This guy has the right of it. He should have bolted off work the second she went to the hospital, once he made the call not to it opened up what happened happening.

If it was any other job I'd probably agree, but given that he's a firefighter it seems that his concern was that if he left, he'd be potentially putting someone else's life at risk by not being there. Really a lovely situation all around.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [21F] boyfriend [23M] gets my attention when he does disturbing things in video games.

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for three years and he’s recently gotten into this game called The Division.

You don’t need to know a lot about the game except for that there’s lifelike stray dogs that roam around the city. They don’t attack you or anyone on your team, they just roam around and eat stuff off of the ground and things of that nature.

Well, every time he finds a stray dog in The Division, he gets my attention and makes me look up and he shoots the dog. He doesn’t do it super consistently because he knows I’ll catch on if he did it all the time, but even though it’s fiction, it just makes me sad—and he knows it makes me sad, but he thinks it’s hilarious.

I’ve asked him to stop a couple of times and he keeps doing it. I guess I’m just wondering: what can I say or do to actually get him to cut this out? It disturbs me that he has fun doing things like this.

TL;DR - My boyfriend gets my attention every time he kills a dog in a video game just because he thinks it’s funny.

:sever: and get a dog

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
This post is a journey

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1213158308561014787?s=19

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Rosalind posted:

Yeah I think this and "young people are lazy/stupid/morally bankrupt based on my absolutist view of right-and-wrong" could kind of be combined into a single theme but I can't figure out a simple 4-5 word way of summarizing it.

"Millennials!" :argh:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I've had periods of my life where I shopped for groceries once a month, but that was when the grocery store was an hour and a half away.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
If you want a new family car, get a family car. If you want your kid to drive around your other kids, work out a deal so they get access to the car in exchange for doing chores or errands. Trying to dress it up as "we're giving you a car, BUT" is patently absurd and these parents are dumb as hell, even more so for getting mad that their scheme got called out.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I disagree with her saying that medical students would be useful. In nearly all my experiences they might as well not even be there.
EMTs though sure. Hearty lol at the idea of Eagle scouts training from 20+ years before.

As a former Eagle myself, gently caress no I am not any kind of medical professional, I can remember how to do CPR maybe

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Clitch posted:

Did they seize her passport, when she got arrested? You're flying to Montreal. Is someone really going run her record? gently caress her for drunk driving, but I find that claim a little hard to swallow...not like all the booze your lush wife drank, before she stumbled out to her 4000lb sidewalk plow.

Looked it up, and yeah Canada can and will bar people from entering the country for misdemeanor offenses, including drunk driving. Whether or not they'll actually look it up upon entry is a different question, but it's entirely possible she could arrive in country, have them run her name at customs, determine she's ineligible for entry, and put her on the next flight back to the US.

e: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Malachite_Dragon posted:

E: also I don't know what Venmo is but it sounds shady as hell given the context

It's an app people use to send money to each other, it's fine, I've used it.