Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It probably happened because they are apparently high schoolers.

Also lol at being a child free in high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Dude could get a direct to TV movie made about him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Noggin Monkey posted:

It's a girl - see the bit about her girlfriend's bible thumping parents can't find out she's bi and "he told me I'm pretty"

But yeah, that's a Lifetime special for sure

That changes the dynamics a bit. As I missed that part.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Eh depression is a thing, if anything the girl is being a bit selfish by trying to make it all about her.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I mean he is depressed-
but it's still sort of funny

He is right.

I like this dude.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

another candidate for coming and posting here on SA

Which one? The depressed dude or the self centered girl?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I Was The Fury posted:

I think for a lot of people, nihilism is depressing because they had never considered the fact that they don't matter and never have, their actions don't matter and never have, and their social interactions don't matter and never have. Then they come to the conclusion that all of these things and everything else will amount to nothing at all, ever. This is upsetting to people for some reason.

Yeah this is basically how it goes but leave it to goons to be unable to understand that simple poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

boner confessor posted:

for some people maybe, because there's still this idea very prevalent in the western world at least that your good behavior and adherence to religious doctrine can be cashed in for fabulous eternal rewards later. this is why some people purposely mix up existential nihilism and moral nihilism, and get real freaked out that "if god won't call you to heaven for good works then what is the point of being good? why not just murder people if hell doesn't exist" because some folks really need some external structure and order for their lives to make sense

but dude in the story was totally just latching on to nihilism as a plausible sounding excuse for why it's ok for him to mope around the house. i mean if that's how you want to spend your short existence then go for it i guess but it's not noble or smart to do so, it's just lazy and sad

So you don't understand depression at all huh?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

boner confessor posted:

dude's going to be a sadbrains whether or not he excuses it with existential philsophy telling him why therapy is ultimately pointless or demons telling him therapy is a trick of the devil. the reason the nihilism excuse is so popular is that it's clearly confused the girlfriend, who accepts her boyfriend's identity as a troubled intellectual rather than just a depressed guy having depressed thoughts

You could have just said yeah I really don't.

I don't know why you seem to hate this guy, going so far as to make poo poo up just to hate him more.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Troposphere posted:

I think I liked the temp derail better tbh

It's better than the project our own failings on random depressed guy yeah.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Troposphere posted:

the guy says he didn't realize he could have a kid and raise it right and the kid could still turn out "bad"...I...how??? how do you??

Wait am I mixing stories up isn't she like four months old?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They are what TV shows think autism is

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

Have you considered that a person who recognizes they have a problem and wants to change should be scorned and spat upon instead?

I suppose you think that prisons should be about rehabilitation as well LOL!!!!

Who is this? It isn't the incel dude. At no point does he express regret for what he did.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

underage at the vape shop posted:

No black person has ever said people are so racist they forget black people exist.

Fat, poorly dressed, depressed loners say self pitying poo poo like that all the time.

Racist tend to go the opposite direction, actually,

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Even if this conspiracy were true I can't figure out why it would matter.

Maybe they are related to that robotic couple posted before.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The real victim

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

treiz01 posted:

I interpret the boyfriends actions to mean he already has a side piece and wants to legitimize it.

Nah she gives his reasoning. He had some one flirt with him and now wants to use the opportunity.

This is how all these stories begin.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

how me a frog posted:

Apropos of nothing? It would take days to compile a simple top 10 worst of.

How does this follow at all.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Cumslut1895 posted:

Glad we agree as a thread that is cool + good to shame your partner into sec when they're uncomfortable

They should get over their fear and learn to appreciate the best conference in the NCAA.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Finally someone is in the corner of the rich, a truly downtrodden class

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

CabaretVoltaire posted:

Joint accounts is for naughty boys who need a responsible adult to make sure they don't spend the mortgage money on sweets

Split accounts seem more in line with this than anything. Y'all have at least some trust issues to inconvenience yourselves like that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That guy is a textbook "nice guy"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah that isn't how bisexual people work.

You got conned into an open relationship.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

I was about to say simply head over to D&D particularly the threads on social politics and there will be people talking about how you should be aggressively engaging anyone who says anything you find offensive.
You should aggressively engage them.

That doesnt mean while they are asleep and naked tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

You really shouldn't continue to discuss things with someone when they say that they do not want to discuss that thing with you anymore, obvious exceptions aside.

Meh that doesn't really happen in these typees of situations, they are usually very proud of their beliefs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I honestly can't tell if the dude is racist or is autistic and just has a marvel character tier list.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Oh no

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ranma Fan Art posted:

all pick knows about men is they are all violent abusive rapists it's not her fault

Well I mean what more do you need

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Y'alls obsession with pick is weird.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ranma Fan Art posted:

i think you're weird and smell bad!

That doesn't make me wrong!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Streak posted:

People who regularly make uninformed, clueless posts sometimes get called out on it???? :shrug:

Not really. Because who cares especially over mostly petty poo poo. It's just weird and off putting.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ranma Fan Art posted:

i care when she only ever says negative things about men and then makes it clear she actually doesn't know anything about the entire gender but hey I'm just a man

Yeah that is what I figured, it's really loving weird

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean who doesn't know whether men see each other's penises I mean this makes me so angry grrr.

#notallmen

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ranma Fan Art posted:

It's more to do with her constantly spouting nonsense about men all being primal creatures who will rape and abuse because they want to, and not actually knowing about men at all!

I know it's dumb but at least stick with that dumb reasoning and straw man rather than trying to create a new one over every little thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ranma Fan Art posted:

the best part is there is no straw man go loving read her post history in his thread retard

I have read the whole thread friend.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

You have a low bar for weird.

Foreigners must make your mind explode.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Grem posted:

I [36M] trying to white knight a female goon [?F?, it's Pick], how do I get her to notice?

Maybe one day negging will work.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Or she could dump his rear end

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

I wasn't trying to I was just saying as far as relationship problems go your so being insecure about how their t, a, or d matches up to what they feel the media standards are is one that's not super hard to work through with legitimate empathy rather than just going "I tell them they're hot all the time what are they insecure about". There's a world of a difference between just saying you find them attractive (it's not like they think you'd be dating them if you thought they were ugly) and acknowledging that they feel insecure for reasons outside your relationship and you wanna help them with it within reason. Maybe if she just talked to him about why he feels so insecure rather than just dealing with it whenever it flared up they could reach a better place before it escalated this far. It's not like he was sending her 10 dick pics a day from the first time they met it clearly built to this point because it festered.

Lol you somehow made this her fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nazzadan posted:

Me [26 M] with my girlfriend [32 F] of 3 years, says most women don't enjoy sex

A 90s comedy routine has gained sentience.