Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Blade Runner posted:

It's basically just them trying to bribe him into not getting them kicked out because they're extremely violating the lease

I should send these to my crazy roommate whenever she gets angry at me for locking the door while she's out doing whatever. As happened just yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Clawtopsy posted:

testing your partner is some loving stupid poo poo

Not even the non interesting non committal heterosexual ones like all of them

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Fighting is..... good??

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
But did that one family get pancakes this morning

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Barudak posted:

Sadly, they got waffles

Have you ever made a grilled cheese with a waffle iron? loving awesome.
For the record I have content irl that would fit perfectly for this thread I just don't believe in this internet therapy bullshit

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I've seen attack on titan and can totally understand how he would get that particular notion.
It's not necessarily a unique anime though

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
And they will be called....
Freetits

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
For thousands of years and still in most parts of the planet a common man's value was based on how many other men he could hack limb from limb with a sharp stick.
It's no longer like that in our corners of the world.

Where as the common role of women, (child rearing, etc.) Has been relatively unchanged, up until recently.
With the invention of Capitalism superiority through violence is no longer a thing, for the most part.

Men kinda have to adapt to this while simultaneously being force fed media that's all guns explosions and what have you. So it's only natural that they are confused, and threatened by the leaps and bounds in progress regarding Women's Success.

(This post was written with utmost respect for women and a firm belief that men aren't poo poo, and that planet Gazorpazorp from Rick and Morty should be a thing)
So yeah, Men are very much so victims, and the terrible violence against women is a symptom of that, and it is not okay.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Motherfucker posted:

I'm sure all the women feel very respected by your rick and morty reference.

Turns out the shittiest relationship in the thread is the average goons with their parents. Who knew.

Sir this is a Starbucks drive through

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I really don't understand what people want?
I never lay a finger on women and never will. I'll never have kids. I'm not perpetuating the status quo!! You're welcome

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

MasBrillante posted:

You’re the one that just wrote a little essay about thousands of years of humanity lol.

So what? I can write but I never do because of the toxic reactions I get instantly. Geez

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I assume we're all childless right, being goons and all? Oh you're not? Well I'll try not to alert the raiders of your kids hiding spots in a few years with my long tirades

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
What exactly does 'taking responsibility' look like to you? As far as I can tell, lots of men in our corners of the world have stopped raiding enemy villages and siring dozens of bastards and killing the husband's of women they rape. We've changed a lot as creatures, and there's a whole community of men who are literal beta in the purest form. They walk around in public with flip flops and sweatpants and carry the children without complaint while their women swipe right without guilt

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Have you guys seen Assassination Nation? It's a great film about this very topic.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
gbs hates Funko Pop

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I'm so glad I will never have to do any of that poo poo regarding crotch spawn

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Leon Einstein posted:

I guess there's one advantage to being an incel.

Agreed.
Hold on what exactly are the advantages of having a child???

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

There's plenty of easier ways to go about that

I know a woman with two children out of wedlock who said this and she posts on FB everyday complaining about her situation

Motherfucker posted:

Once and for all securing the approval of your parents followed by the sinking realization that you essentially lost your shot to live the life you actually wanted in order to gain the approval of your boomer parents.

God drat an I glad I don't have your parents.
My dad just offed himself too lol and my Mom doesn't want grandchildren so I guess she's woke? We're not stereotypical white boomer family either

Literally A Person posted:

Mostly love. Something goons will never understand.

Oh I love. Just not of the fleshy mortal hairless ape variety

Thanks for the responses but much like that woman who still didn't support climate control legislation despite the literal children advocating it I have decided to decline

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Literally A Person posted:

As is your fleshy mortal hairless ape wont.

95%Helium based lifeforms are 100% babes

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
[20F]My roommates are J [23M]E[21M]
]]][][][
What's next goons

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I seriously gently caress with that one posters if then conditionals about sexism and doctors being trash humans

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Jesus Christ people are despicable

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
It was 5 3 and 305 pounds imperial

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Weddings are definitely a congregation of sane and we'll balanced individua-AHAHAHAHAA

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
There's not enough information to really judge but I blame the absent father who was secretly closeted and had an affair with the gay uncle

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
These are hilarious keep em coming

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Danaru posted:

If theres anything I learned from /r/relationships it's that the straights must be protected at all costs. It's not like they could have prevented or controlled getting pregnant just give them your wedding or they might have to have an uncomfortable conversation

Condoms reduce the sensation thus

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Hellblazer187 posted:

What a complete moron.

"Hey these kind people gave me a fresh start! How about I, ABSOLUTE BEST CASE SCENARIO, blow the whole thing up for a quick lay?"

It's not as uncommon as you may think. A weird point of (bad) roommate culture is the implied chance of random hookups. It's gnarly and I have personally witnessed it in 3 separate individuals and it was mentally emotionally and physically disturbing each time.
But that's what you get when you use Craigslist haHAAAA

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Sounds like he has never (voluntarily ) sucked the farts directly out of someone's rear end in a top hat

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Wow. It's probably just me but its not as if these women had gotten pregnant / gotten married and divorced. They sucked a bunch of dicks in college. It could have been substantially worse overall. I don't really see the issue

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Vim Fuego posted:

To paraphrase Maya Angelou, "When someone shows you that you are not a priority for them, believe them the first time. DON'T MARRY THEM"

Right. The guys shouldn't marry them.
Unless their is some kind of large dowry type situation or she has a 6 figure career lined up. The women lean on the men emotionally he should get to lean on them financially.

Beachcomber posted:

They thought they had a future together, they never dated anyone else, and this is their first breakup. They were explicitly told that they were being broken up with so she can gently caress other people.

They are under no obligation to take the girl back.

Agreed. They're not obligated at all.
I suppose if I were in a similar situation, as a male, I would [redacted]
That might be going a little bit overboard though

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Blade Runner posted:

imo it's a dumb garbage move to break up with a person and just expect them to be waiting to get back with you years later, though going insane over a break up for several years is also sorta bad

The take of "well it's not like they went off and got married or anything!!" is dumb as poo poo tho lmao

Lmao you didn't even address the cuck potential and abortion potential of my take I will be speaking with your manager

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

QuarkJets posted:

It's creepy as gently caress to stalk and harass people who you broke up with years ago, hth

Not disagreeing. However with the information we've been given, specifically the pushback made by family and friends of the OPs, (and this seems to be a consistent detail among many separate stories) and that it's also stated that they would Skype and or text (however one sided) it is possible that the guys just didn't make it clear enough that they were over the women.
Also another consistent detail is that these guys never found someone new or as romantically compatible as the 'creepy stalker ex' so again, a sign that the guys never moved on.
And of course the issue isn't the breakup, these guys are all deeply hosed emotionally.
Personally I would like to have their heights as additional data. I'm willing to bet they're all 6ft tall, and these women essentially fetishise them because they're taller than average

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Khazar-khum posted:

He does have a legitimate concern with the pool, though. If anything happens, they can be sued. We have the steepest driveway in the neighborhood, with the most concrete to park the trailer. All the kids loved skateboarding on it, but we had to stop them because if anything happened, lawsuit city.

As a kid who grew up with skateboarding the parents of kids who skateboard are by and large too busy chainsmoking and and making terrible investments in crypto currency to sue anyone over their kids (they didn't even know where I was most of the time )

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Why is that one even an AITA? It's dishonest sure but that's the bare minimum

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

MasBrillante posted:

Bikinis on children are like bikinis on dogs. They are not there to cover or reveal anything. They are just decorative cloth shapes. They are not inherently sexualizing. It is the cultural meaning we give to them when they are worn by adult women that created a sexual dimension. Applying that back to children is the actual weird thing.
On dogs guys
Bikinis on dogs

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
So glad I don't have a younger sister to be inexplicably terrible to because ~principles ~

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

DreamingofRoses posted:

If you’re talking about the Plan B one, read the post because that’s not it at all.

I am totally open to discuss that with my limited understanding.
I understand Plan B to be birth control of some kind, the OP having a girlfriend and presumably a regular need for said birth control and that the sister is 16 (!)
Why isn't he being a good older brother and just doing the thing before sister gets irreversibly pregnant or worse

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

tactlessbastard posted:

He already did it once, he saying he's not going to do it again (if the need pops up) because his sister is a royal pain in the rear end.

The sister asked for him leave somewhere early to drive her to visit the mother. At 16 maybe she is too young or too impoverished to have a car or Uber. Not really an unreasonable request?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

DreamingofRoses posted:

After being called “selfish” and “never putting family first “ for not breaking plans to drive 5 hours, and being blocked on all social media and then coming home to the sister laughing at hurting the girlfriends feelings, I think it might be a little understandable. Especially after he and his girlfriend already helped her through a bad time.

I suppose. The problem (as with all unreliable narrators) is that if taken at face value the next update would be
"So my sister is now an unplanned pregnancy I could have prevented/ she went to visit the mother with a sketchy friend of hers and we haven't heard from her for 3 days" followed up with the OP having a smug "I told you so"