Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The mma brother didn't do anything wrong but holy poo poo taking him out to dinner to celebrate putting his step brother in hospital is bad parenting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Khorne posted:

I always give answers like that to people though. It's absolutely true. You can't compare two people to each other. There are a crazy amount of differences. Which is why being insecure about it in the first place is so ridiculous.

Is it really that hard to tell a white lie like that to someone to make them feel better? If they won't accept it and keep going on about it then maybe try something else, but giving them the old "nah baby you're the best I've ever had" might end it all right there. I thought this was basic human interaction.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jeff Sichoe posted:

I mean if she's now got a decent job on the back of her own hard work paying for herself through education then perhaps this is a moral roadblock that she needs to get over

it's 20,000

who cares (assuming she actually did get an ok job) she can move on, leave the ball in his court to make amends

murder him or whatever that's cool too

Huh? It's 45k plus interest?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Principals Orifice posted:

he's wrong and alone

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Haha I love how he says he can apologise since he is technically wrong. Like apologising was out of the question when he thought he was right.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

54 40 or gently caress posted:

He put them in the cupboard ?

I don't understand the question

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

From /r/legaladvice: Me and my 2 dogs just hosed up 2 intruders TX

Was going to post this in the STDH thread but holy gently caress those edits.

It took me a moment to realise he meant arrest warrants not search warrants. I thought he and his dogs beat up some cops for a minute there.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sisal Two-Step posted:

sometimes i feel like this thread filled the hole daytime television left in my life.

Help reddit I assaulted my boyfriend over nothing. It's totally his fault, though and I don't want to lose him, what do I do??

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pvt.Scott posted:

This guy got exactly what he deserved by emotionally blackmailing a partner that obviously wanted out of the relationship into staying for goddamned marriage of all things. He might not have been doing it intentionally, but throwing down all that "you'll never have me in your life again," horseshit was pretty manipulative.

Telling someone that if they break up with you and gently caress other people then that's the end of the relationship is blackmail now? Gosh.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Those stories always depressed the poo poo out of me because I assume there's a very good chance that that kind of sexual abuse started in childhood

I just read an article about this today. Surprise: it is depressing.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...eac6094e2523a7e

First line is "TRIGGER WARNING: This story discusses experiences of childhood sexual abuse, incest and suicide."

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I would love to have seen the look on his father's face while she was wailing on him with the belt. gently caress that guy.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The guy probably got beat like that regularly as a child, so it is understandable that he wants to rationalise this and downplay his father being an abusive piece of poo poo as an initial reaction. He was abused, so he can't see it for what it is, maybe? He is getting a pretty big reality check in the comments, though, which will hopefully get him to see it for what it was and stand up to his father about it.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I'm (24/F) embarrassed about revealing my condition to men I'm dating.

Got a little spoiler crazy on this one.

Any medication anyone can recommend?? No I haven’t gone to a doctor oh god what should I do????

realbez fucked around with this message at 09:39 on May 3, 2019

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sjs00 posted:

Agreed.
Hold on what exactly are the advantages of having a child???

You would have less time to post

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Anne Whateley posted:

Fake because...

Daddy long legs don't have webs

Nah different countries have different spiders called daddy long legs. The ones in Australia have webs.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

ElGroucho posted:

Hes dead, lady

That aint him anymore

Wowee that’s a bad take

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
“You’re kid is dead lady just let it go and let your absent relatives have parts of him” said the goon with no empathy and/or life experience

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Please stop posting the fight masturbator

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah these are the good ones.

I'm gonna have to go with NTA right now but maybe the therapy will help them over come it? I dunno thats a pretty traumatic thing to have gone through and the brother taking that name is kinda weird but it is his choice.

Lmao ‘maybe you should get therapy so you can get over your brother deciding to take your dead baby’s name.’ Don’t be ridiculous. He can use that name if he wants but he is a huge piece of poo poo for doing it and he is the one with the problem here.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nah actually he can’t use that name he is being deliberately hurtful considering his sister has made her feelings clear. He should choose another one or live with being cut out. I can’t believe she’s even willing to compromise with ‘G.’

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
:gas:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Xik posted:

You can read this in two ways:

Without uncovering the spoilers and it's a cute/funny feel good story of a couple of awkward young folks that are starting a relationship.
Uncover the spoiler and well, it's a bit more disapointing.

I (19M) accidentally came while my friend (19F) was sitting in my lap. What do I do now?

(Update) I (19M) accidentally came while my friend (19F) was sitting in my lap.

Haha wow that’s a shame

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

rear end in a top hat towards the llama. Your captured llama is already suffering from being trapped in some lovely petting zoo, and now you're letting two teenagers annoy him/her.

Captured llmao

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Imagine thinking baby talk (when talking to babies) is bad. Some of your parents should have used baby talk more extensively.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

I think it means he has two sisters, that are a different age than him, who are twins to each other. Not him.

I think they are triplets. She emphasises later that she is his TWIN sister

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Grief isn’t empathy

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Inceltown posted:

You're forgetting about words that are already quite short by nature can get an 'o' added to it. Sick becomes sicko or Dave becomes Dave-o for example.

Yeah but Davo is a nickname, and sicko isn’t slang for sick, it is slang for a deranged person.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Eg: that fucken sicko can’t grieve

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
You’re an inhuman monster if you can just walk away from a child you raised for three years as your own, hth all you idiots so terrified of being a cuck meme that you can’t fathom taking a child’s feelings into consideration. Divorce the wife, try to stay in the kid’s life in some way. You might fail but gently caress you if you don’t try.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

1redflag posted:

Again, this sounds real nice but when the reality is spending tens of thousands of dollars to get told “gently caress off” by the judge, it’s nothing more than grandstanding

E. And to get at the cuck angle or whatever stupid poo poo you are apparently trying to hang your hat on, recognize that since the mom will almost assuredly have 100% of the custody rights to the kid, the “dad” would basically only be able to see the kid at the mothers whim, so you are basically saying this guy was an rear end in a top hat unless he agrees to also play along with any bullshit the mom tried to pull on him re: conditioning visits on whatever hosed up terms she sets.

It’s the fact that he walked away without even the barest of effort to stay in the kids life and that he found that to be an acceptable thing to do that makes him an rear end in a top hat.

Raising a kid from birth to three is a lot of work (unless you’re a useless parent who let the other parent do everything) and requires an enormous emotional commitment. Just being able to walk away from that is a sign of a hosed up person.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
And lol at pretending he avoided a custody battle out of consideration for the kid. The kid wasn’t considered at all the second he found out she wasn’t blood. Gross.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Professorjuggalo posted:

Also a 3 year old would barely notice it let’s get real here fellas

I’ve said my piece about the dad but this is so very, very wrong

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Professorjuggalo posted:

Wasn’t the mom in a long term relationship with the cheater too? Maybe she shoulda went after him for child support instead (probably didn’t cause not bio dad makes more money)

No?

Ugato posted:

And maybe not worry about an apology from the abandoned 13 year old?

Yeah.

realbez fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Dec 27, 2019

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Professorjuggalo posted:

I got the Santa story mixed up, either way the kid is abandoned and he has no obligation to raise her

Good people don’t base their actions solely on what they are obliged to do.

Edit: he didn’t have to raise her, but he should have tried to stay in her life. Nobody is arguing that he should have stayed with the girlfriend for the sake of the child, but he didn’t have to cut the kid out of his life. Nuanced, I know.

realbez fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 27, 2019

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

AITA for saying “I love you more than anything” to my daughter in front of my wife

That lady is has problems.

FoolyCharged posted:

Yikes. Hopefully the wife recovers from the mad hormones enough to realize it was a poo poo situation all around.

That said, shouldn't this dude have had paternity leave for this set up?

This guy hosed up really badly.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

MrQwerty posted:

the reddit comments are all YTA like more than 5 people went to see that movie sincerely

I don’t care what the movie is, anyone who thinks the rest of the theatre wants to hear their riffing is TA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Laughing is perfectly acceptable