Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I'm in the midst of dropping a ton of weight while picking up a ton of weights, really looking forward to vacation this summer so I can wear a set of knee-length tights and strut around the boardwalk

Is that normal? Or should I only wear them when working out?

This is assuming I have the goods to show off by August

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

naem posted:

Every day I thank 10 pound 2 ounce baby Jesus for yoga pants

TIL Jesus was a fat lil' baby

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

this seems to be coming up a lot lately, I'm assuming you're a dude. IMO if your wiener isn't super obvious I don't see why it should matter

I've got a decent at best wang but my balls are fuckin' huge. I imagine tights would make it look like a three headed monster down there in the right poses

TMI probably

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Killing Loaf posted:

Every time I see someone load up two plates at the gym I secretly hope they're going to snatch it and be awesome but then they just do bouncing deadlifts with a round back for 5x10.

Is your gym full of teeny tiny people?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
It's a good thing my office is empty besides me & operations manager today

Tuesday I had a really horrendous void-everything-from-the-body stomach bug that hosed me up real good. I'm getting back to normal and today I have the absolute wooooooorst protein farts I've smelled in a while

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

The Ferret King posted:

Do you ever not have those?

What's that like?

idk eventually my body gets used to the constant influx of protein and stuff and it settles down. Like I'll get random stanky farts but it's never like this, for this long, all dang day now.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Caffeine helps. Keep the amount of vodka down and make sure you stretch plenty

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Tuesday was nsun day 2, squats / sumo DL / accessories. Was running low on time so I figured I'd throw out accessories and get some sweat in with 300lb yoke carries

My groins, my rear end, please stop hurting

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Next time ask to work in

Load up a shitton of weight, more than you can squat probably

Walk away

Never look back in shame

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Only eat while standing up- the acid in your stomach can better break things down at full efficiency. It's a medical miracle

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I think we've found the basis for our perpetual motion machine

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
My overhead press has plateaued. I video'd myself doing 140x1 earlier and it took me about 7 seconds to get it to lockout

speaking of 7 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6FCNJtg8Gk

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I've slid from second-to-last hole on my belt (fat side) to the other second to last hole on my belt (less fat side). Bottle that feeling up and inject it into my loving veins man

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

hemale in pain posted:

I've seen some dumbass poo poo in the gym but some dude today was sitting on a barbell in the rack. Like I'm sure the barbell can handle it but why would you do that?

It's great to think that when im squatting the bar it might have had this morons butt all over it.

don't doxx me

Second, if noone else is using the rack (my gym has three rather large cages in a row, each with an internal lifting section and racks/safeties on the outside part for a total of six lifting spots) and I'm tired I'm putting my booty sweat all over a barbell at the right height

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
just the tip or like

all seven feet of it

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I dropped my wife off at work this morning (8 EST) and saw a dude running one way down Broadway bright and early. "cool guy that Mr. Runner, good for you"

I came home, had breakfast and then decided to take the kiddo to the farmers market (about 9:30 EST) and saw the same guy running back the other way. "Wow Mr. Runner, really going for gold today!"

Left the market, did some grocery shopping, driving home and I see him running back in his original direction (11 EST). "Jesus christ dude just run faster and you'll get tired quicker"

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Vargatron posted:

Ruff Ryders Anthem is an aural steroid. prove me wrong.

While I personally think that song is some limpdicked garbage (heard it like a billion times in the high school weight room), I will allow different strokes for different folks

This is my deadlifting jam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBngZL0gfec

Put it on right before you walk onto the platform. When it kicks at :20 you're ready to throw the weight through the ceiling

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Fartbox posted:

is tehre any hard metal without those garbage metal voices like in the clip above. It sounds like a retarded kid wailing

You leave Katherine "Kat" Katz out of this

She's my favorite wailer

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

TenementFunster posted:

i asked about the ideal gym shorts earlier and never mind bc i remembered that zubaz exists

the best gym shorts are a pair of beat up old sweatpants

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
*hole in the crotch optional

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Sunday is a day of rest you loving heathen

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Saw a guy do that yesterday- had like 450 on the bar and was BARELY into quarter squat position when CLANG. He kept going and smashing into the safeties repeatedly. No idea

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I had a rather loose weekend diet wise and I’ve got the worst farts ever right now

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I deadlifted the most I have since college 10+ years ago yesterday.

:feelsgood:

how much was it

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

bamhand posted:

Looking to total 1200 after my next 5/3/1 cycle. This is a good program for fat, lazy people.

1200 is my moonshot goal after my sheiko cycles wrap up in late July. Hoping for 500 dead / 400 squat / 300 bench

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
268, 5'10". Basically maintaining (very slowly dropping) to 265 (120kg) for 1RM tests in a couple months so the training doesn't smash me as hard as it was when I was actively cutting weight.

The last program I was on brought me up to dead 425x1, squat 330x2, and bench 255x2. On all of those I felt like I had a lot left in the tank so I'm interested to see in what a ton of volume over 16 weeks will do for my maxes.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

bamhand posted:

Getting to 1200 in 4 months from those numbers doesn't sound too hard. Good luck! Just curious, how long does your program take? Like hours/week. I think I'm doing ~45 min 4 times a week so I like that it's relatively time efficient. I see people with 2 hour a day programs and I don't understand how they can lift for that long.

Doing Sheiko #29-32 three days a week so it's a bit condensed and I'm in the gym 2 hours if I rest on the heavier sets. Most days I'm really pushing it between sets to keep moving and I can do 1h40m or so. Today I did:

Back squat - 1 set x 5 reps@50%, 1x4@60%, 2x3@70%, 5x3@80%
Bench - 1x5@55%, 1x5@65%, 5x4@75%
Dumbell fly - 5x10
Dips - 5x5
Front Squat - 2x5@40%, 2x4@50%, 3x3@60%
Standing good mornings - 5x5

It's a lot more reps at the upper ranges than I was getting before so I dig that, but it does come with more time in the gym. I don't mind it right now.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Zzulu posted:

I work out because it is fun and because I want to be stronk and handsome

Just lol if you don’t want to look like a potato that can pick up the world

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I don't know if my gym plays a playlist or some lovely Pandora or something but it's always the same songs at the same time, I don't know how it works. Recently they added a few live Godsmack songs to the mix and I overheard some gymbros talking about getting tickets for their upcoming tour

It has to be marketing

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Hell yeah, good job b. Next stop 5 plates!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Alternatively get to the gym at like 4 in the morning and beat everyone else there. They can't be in your way if you're already in your own way

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Hit a new deadlift PR at 455 today. Missed 475 but I’m going for it again late August. Happy birthday America

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

what an idiot

you need to stand like two feet further forward so it slams into your butthole

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Hit a 290 single on bench today, didn't feel like I was going to die. 300 is on the immediate horizon

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

TheReverend posted:

Pulled 500 deadlift for the first time.

Feels good man.

Ugh, jealous. I pulled 465 the other day. Gunning for that 500

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Just moved into a new place with a detached garage and I'm planning on making it my bicep training hut this fall/winter. Only vanity lifts allowed

Also squatted 405 for the first time last night. I'm a big boy now

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
My gym buddy is chasing after a 405 dead and went for a new 1RM yesterday- hit a PR at 375 really easily (talking like picked it straight up no fight). After a little bit of hemming and hawing he put another 15 on for 390 and did the same thing a few minutes later- super easy rep. Couldn't convince him to try the 4plates

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Anyone have citations/resources for long-term weight loss and its effect on hormones? I feel like I've seen it here before and want to provide it to a coworker who's hardstuck at 211 after like, four years of endless weightloss (to be fair she's down from like 450lbs so... that's pretty cool)

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

feelix posted:

Meanwhile I barely manage 1 rep of 225 on bench or 5 reps of 135 on ohp

Bench more

Press more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

klapman posted:

There's probably a little bit of variation between the one I used in high school and the one in my gym, but I can't imagine it'd be that much.

Yeah man metal all weighs the same built the same nothing ever changes- there can be a shitton of variation with zero visible difference so don't worry about what you used to do, just what you're doing now

quote:

As for the sumo grip stuff, I'm using the terminology my friend uses, which is apparently full of holes. The grip I'm talking about is underhand with your dominant hand, overhand with non dominant, and a real wide stance. I guess what I've learned here is that my friend doesn't know what the gently caress he's talking about, which is even more helpful to know than actual advice would be lmao

That's a mixed grip (as opposed to double overhand, hook grip, etc.) which is the most common way to pull heavy deadlifts and you're using the sumo stance which as someone explained above is a form of deadlift people choose based on leg/torso/arm length, hip anatomy, etc. Look up conventional vs sumo deadlift and try them both out- see what's best for you