Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol Trump is going to do worse in this debate than he did in the first.

Night10194 posted:

Oh man, he's going to think he's super prepared and ready and in the groove and come in hyper-confident before he slams face first into a wall. :allears:

It's gonna be awesome. He has done exactly zero soul-searching or constructive practice because he thinks the reason he lost was because of a bad mic. Not only that, but the crowd's gonna be silent, the common plebes have to address him, and his coke high will only last the first 20 minutes or so. I'm hoping Anderson Cooper will be in prime "gently caress Pam Bondi" form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

It's gonna be great when NC goes blue, I can't wait to see what this dork says.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Covok posted:

Half an hour, not a full hour.

If Trump tries a civil war, it'd last 4-5 hours. Not a single state governmemt supports him and no matter how armed his supporters are they can't beat the American army.

Nah, there's not going to be an uprising fueled by Pepes and rascal scooters. Maybe they'll just make an angry secession petition on whitehouse.gov like last time.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

If y'all are going to talk about stadiums, please wait till I can actually join the debate.

Instead let's talk about :

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/784425792084307968

It's been a long time since I saw the Central Park 5 documentary, but they confessed under duress and were basically forced into it. They were kept in cells for over 12 hours without food or outside contact until they "came clean".

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

Kind of makes me sad that we won't actually get to see all of it, much less the tax filings.

Game Change 3 will be a hell of a book. Either that or they're saving the finishing blow for an abortive Trump 2020 run.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Remember how two weeks ago there was a point the election was 51/49 on 538

So how low could he actually go? Because he's definitely lost women. Assuming the only people that actually turn out for him are old straight white men, what's his new ceiling?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

P. S. I still endorse him

Someone ask Ryan about why he's still endorsing Trump.
Someone also ask Trump how he feels about Ryan uninviting him.

Make them eat each other. Hail Satan.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Captain Stalin posted:

So, have they locked Trump in a broom closet somewhere? I'm surprised we haven't heard a peep from him, and no one aside from the crazies are offering any kind of cover.

Donnie hasn't tweeted in over 22 hours, so his phone must literally not be in his possession anymore. Conway must actually have thrown it in the garbage.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Guys we need to hear both sides of the story.

We need to either break Donnie free, or most importantly get him a phone that can tweet.

God, can you even imagine what his first tweet after this break will be? I literally can't even put myself in his shoes to imagine what he'll say.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Twitter is having a field day. :allears:

https://twitter.com/robinthede/status/784560418895368193

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Rip Testes posted:

Trump supposedly releasing a 'two camera' video shortly addressing today's leaked statements according to Hannity.

"Listen, you losers. You're just jealous of all the pussy I got. Losers. The best pussy."

:allears:

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
I'm just thoroughly enjoying the constant Twitter-dunking on anyone whose name ends in "-R".

https://twitter.com/pourmecoffee/status/784563888016789504

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Lester Shy posted:

How much could they realistically have? How many times was Trump on Access Hollywood?

Possibly a ton. It takes a lot of material to make a scene, much less an entire episode or series of episodes. Even if he was only on the set for 8 hours, he could say tons of reprehensible poo poo in that time.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Spaced God posted:

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/784594570189438978
Sopan is the best and deserves a several pulitzers

Sopan, Farenthold, Eichenwald, and Katy Tur. They've all had to put up with so much poo poo.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/784597237812822016

Oh boy, this'll be good.

Edit: Ahahahaha, it included the previous (mostly-unrelated) tweet too.

You know, I hadn't even considered Bat Boy and his thoughts on this. Someone put that lunatic on TV. :allears:

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Bushiz posted:

My favorite part about this is that this almost certainly isn't the death blow. Every week we've been hitting a bigger stunner. Ms. Universe comments were the worst thing, until the tax returns were the worst thing, until this. There's something bigger coming, there's several bigger somethings coming.

There has to be an n-word tape. I think that's literally all there is left. I can't think of anything else that could possibly be more incriminating than tax evasion and literal admission of sexual assault.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

so is this loving video statement coming out soon or what

It'll be like a big advertisement for his hotel like that birth certificate poo poo, except no apology.

Barudak posted:

All he needs is a tape calling republicans homosexuals and that he wouldn't want to have a beer with them recorded during the campaign trail.

I forgot that an n-word tape wouldn't do anything to him among the alt right. He'd need to say something like "I hate Baby Jesus and NASCAR, I'm going to burn down a church after this election."

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Zophar posted:

This "apology" and bullshit changed man narrative is going be hella awkward when the next damning tape rolls out.

That video from 2005 is not who I am
That video from 2006 is not who I am
That video from January is not who I am
That video from February is not who I am

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I don't get it, how was I supposed to know that the guy who won't stop saying terrible things is a terrible person?

You know what's even more hosed up? To some people, he was the best option.

I'm going to use the New York Post as an example. They endorsed Trump in the primary with the expectation he would pivot. They liked his "no-nonsense" attitude in the primaries, but said he needed to work on his language and outreach. They, of all people, should have known who Trump was for the 25 years prior. Did they really think he would turn on a dime at 70 years old and after he got such publicity for being a racist asshat?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

comingafteryouall posted:

If we're lucky, a sleep-deprived Trump shows up and goes nuts.

What do you mean if? In the last 24 hours, he's had people scream about the Central Park Five, the UN denunciation, and now Pussyghazi. Not only that, Conway took away his phone, so he hasn't had the chance to tweet every stupid thought at all hours of the night. He's gonna flame out by 9:05, and the remaining 85 minutes are going to be amazing.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

May you live in interesting times.

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/784638384639733760

WampaLord posted:

:psyduck: HOW CAN IT GET WORSE?

There really must be a n-word tape.

I had that thought last night, that there absolutely has to be an n-word tape somewhere. And then it came to me this morning: it's only October the 8th. We still have one more month of oppo research that could be dropped on us at any moment. This isn't the worst thing that Trump has said, and Pussyghazi is still incredibly damning.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

CascadeBeta posted:

I don't think Trump forcing one of his wives to have an abortion against her wishes is outside the realm of possibility.

This is literally the only thing that could cause him to lose place among the Evangelicals. An idiot friend of mine on Facebook is still defending Trump because "he's the only pro-life candidate and Hillary is evil."

Although they'd still find some way to think it's okay. The only moral abortion is Donald Trump's abortion. :jerkbag:

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Whatever it takes to throw Richard Burr out.

https://twitter.com/RaleighReporter/status/784783551183122433

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Chromatic posted:

I wonder if Trump knows the election is lost and will just try to salvage his brand for post-november.

How trashed is the Trump brand by this point? Do people really want to be associated with a racist sexual deviant and (on November 9) a loser?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/784804121396346881

God bless this day. :allears:

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I think we should all take a moment to remember what is really important:

Ted Cruz endorsed Donald Trump, the man who insulted his wife, earlier this month and has been calling people in his favor.

https://twitter.com/albz/status/784506945726091264

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

fade5 posted:

Fair warning to the GOP, this is probably gonna end up like the recent Turkish coup.

Which is to say, Trump will survive the coup and be unimaginably pissed at everyone and everything who slighted him.

You're probably right on the money. Everyone in the Senate includes Ted Cruz, and he's somehow managed to fall on his face more times than not in this election.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Lol CNN says Ivanka is supposed to speak soon.

Where's Rinse Pubis been? Is he on suicide watch? Has anyone checked the Jack Daniels bottling plant?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

It's already started but it won't go anywhere because the base still loves Trump and ratfucking him 1 month before the election would drive the base away and Pence would have no chance at victory anyway

Voting for Pence is a loving terrible idea for a Republican. Let's split our votes from one losing candidate to two losing candidates! :downs:

Maybe that's the path to Hillary's 538.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

trash person posted:

John McCain officially pulls his endorsement. States neither him nor his wife will be voting for Trump.

Loving this weekend

What a scumbag. It took McCain this long to realize Trump's behavior is a disqualifier? Maybe he just ignored the time when he literally insulted McCain's personal military record.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/HallieJackson/status/784873413789769728

The day after: Wikileaks dumps all the emails forever, Killary gets locked up, Trump landslide.

Ted Cruz will make Trump's poll numbers rise somehow. :pseudo:

You know that old Gilbert Gottfried joke about how Bob Saget raped and killed a girl in 1990?

Did...did Donald Trump rape and kill a girl in 1990?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Thank God. What crazy poo poo will Bat Boy say on TV this time?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

Rudy leads off with a an anecdote about loving his cousin...

"Who hasn't lusted after their own daughter? Who hasn't gotten caught on a hot mic?"

At the very least, Trump's meltdown is also dragging down Rudy Giuliani.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

On the other hand, Stern is a huge piece of poo poo so anyone who goes on his show should be maligned

Honestly, he's settled down a lot since the mid-90s, particularly the homophobia and sexist remarks. Baba Booey to y'all. Plus he's (oddly) undoubtedly done the election a service by getting Trump to answer yes to the Iraq War.

trash person posted:

Per CNN, sources say the GOP is mulling a scenario of Pence quitting the ticket. Probably depending on the debate performance.

Hahaha who the poo poo would join the Trump ticket at this point? Chris Christie

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Doctor Butts posted:

Jamie Gangel on CNN: "Donald Trump is only listening to Donald Trump"

Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.

He has the best temperament. He has the best words. He has the best brain.

Tomorrow's debate is going to be Super Bowl level ratings, Sunday night be damned.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/KevinFarzad/status/784930375172698113

WampaLord posted:

if we win the House and the Senate, super majority doesn't even matter anymore. Filibuster's getting nuked on Day 1 in that scenario.

I think Dems safely win the Senate at this point, but how likely is it they take the House?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

https://twitter.com/theclobra/status/784927879566135297

Trump is awful but having dealt with bedbugs before I feel they should have rated less electable by comparison

I can still tolerate Duke more than I can Trump. Go Heels. :colbert:

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

FuzzySlippers posted:

Turmoil reigns inside Trump Tower
Sunday’s debate is a chance for Trump to survive, not win.

I just can't get tired of reading poo poo like this. Start writing those campaign memoirs!

Check out the top 10 most read. 9 of them are about how the last 36 hours have been a slow-motion trainwreck, yet #7 is "GOP insiders: It's not a knockout punch". :v:

Game Change 3 is going to have to be about 900 pages long by this point.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/CNNSotu/status/785110089153806336

America's Mayor is struggling this morning. Nobody must have told him about Trump's twitter and debate strategy of telegraphing his moves weeks in advance.

https://twitter.com/masurakusuo/status/784938697011568640

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Night10194 posted:

She isn't even going to need to set him off. He's coming into the debate hot already.

No kidding. You know in that show Deadwood where Al Swearengen would have long, rambling, profane rants?

"Donald, your response?"
"LISTEN, YOU loving COCKSUCKERS!"

• Locked thread