Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

That thread title :kimchi:

FirstAidKite posted:

The skylanders designs imo are all over the place, some are pretty great and then a lot are just weirdly bland and boring. I get that it's primarily aimed at kids but you'd think they'd try to make all of the characters interesting instead of just some.

Like, seriously, here are two different figures from the Trap Team line.

What kid wants acorn-man

I dunno, acorn guy looks kinda cool. I like his little acorn hat with the horns. Very druid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

raditts posted:

It accidentally unlocked a couple of weeks ago for people who preloaded it, and everything I've heard about it sounds good.

My understanding is that the writing is better but the gameplay is still very bare bones.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kirby Superstore! posted:

I'm thinking of making my 2017 Gaming themed. In that, each month I play a specific kind of game and only that sort of game for the whole month in order to whittle down my backlog.

So far I have

Japanuary - Jrpgs and games from the Japanese developers.
Fpsbruary - 1st person shooters only.
March! - RTS/Grand Strategy games
April Scours - Metroidvanias, exploration games
May -
June -
July -
Just August? - Stealth games
SeptVNber - Visual Novels, story heavy games like firewatch or w/e
Spooktober - Scary games/games designed to create fear.
Neverember - Classics I own that I've never gotten round to (scary amount of this).
Indecember - Indie Games.

Can anyone help with suggestions months and styles of games?

That's all I got, sorry.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Archer666 posted:

Playing through this weird French indie RPG called Off, because people told me it was better than LISA and Undertale. So far its incredibly weird and kind of depressing.

Other games you should play if you're in that wheelhouse: Ib, Space Funeral, Yume Nikki

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You can name pets after video games as long as you're not a shitter about it, I think

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You can't do anything with Silent Hill because the insane Silent Hill fans will come out of the woodwork and poo poo on it for years, even if it's good.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Looks like the PSVR review embargo has been lifted. The verdict so far: It's nice tech that's slightly pulled back by the use of PS4's hardware, especially the awful Move controls.

The bombcast is having some serious issue with view wobbling, to the point where it's making Jeff sick.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My favorite d&d moment was when my warrior got put into near death and I told our wizard to have his golem throw my body at the warrior that was killing us, since my dude was about 200+ pounds of full platemail.

I got the kill, technically. :whatup:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oddium posted:

believe me there's no shortage of tentacle faces to purge

This guy looks like he has a parasite controlling him, that's amazing

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oddium posted:

yung venuz rules

POP

POP

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Did SJWsupermario change his twitter handle or something

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Isn't this run by that dude with the fat yoshi fetish or was that the sjwsupermario person.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

What is your favorite video game special feature?

I like the Darkness graffiti video because that stuff was neat to see they got actual graffiti guys to do.

Tony Hawk bail videos.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

lmao, this joke rules.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1294935

quote:

Back then, Fig posted a chart that if in an investor invested $1,000, if Pyschonauts 2 sold 1.7M copies at an average wholesale price of $21 (a little under $30 retail), an investor would get back $1,000 for a profit of $800. http://siliconangle.com/blog/2015/12...psychonauts-2/

Considering Pyschonauts 1 had lifetime sales of 1.7M, and the majority of them were far under $30 (736k of these sales were when it was in a humble bundle, and many sales were when it was discounted to $1), this seemed risky, but still doable.

However, now that the offering has been approved by the SEC, I received an email I could finally make an investment. Prior to making the investment, I reviewed the SEC offering document :

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1658966/000121390016017011/f1a1215a5_figpublishing.htm

The terms are completely different, and based on the terms of the offering agreement, if someone invests $1,000, Pyschonauts 2 will need to sell over 2 million copies at a retail price of $60 before that investor will even receive their initial investment yet (without any profit). This means selling over 300,000 more copies than Psychonauts 1 and all at a retail price of $60, just to get your initial investment back. Seems completely impossible.

Someone on reddit also did the math:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DOUBLEFINE/comments/556q28/a_look_at_figs_psychonauts_2_investment/

TLDR: Pyschonauts 2 on fig was advertised as needing to sell 1.7M copies at a wholesale price of $21 for investors to get an 80% return.

Now that people can actually invest, the terms have changed and it needs to sell over 2M copies at a retail price of $60 for investors to get a 0% return.

Psychonauts 1 has lifetime sales of 1.7M. 736k were when it was in a humble bundle and many more were when it was sold for $1.
Boy that sure sounds terrible.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I said come in! posted:

No PC version of RDR2 mentioned on the official site. Only shows the PlayStation and Xbox logos.

It's because creating a PC version takes time and effort, and PC players keep hacking themselves money and not buying any of the micro transactions or cash cards we keep putting out, so there's no reason to put the effort or money in.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Looks like my thread title came... eerily true!!!
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/788900063833493504

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I'm glad it's got a cool name

Come on now.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The red dead trailer looked really heavily like an mmo thing.

Also it was like 30seconds long and nothing happened.

https://youtu.be/gmA6MrX81z4

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 20, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

wizard on a water slide posted:

I mean it'll definitely have multiplayer like GTA5, but GTA5 was still a fully-featured singleplayer game. Moreso than GTA4 was, for that matter.

People who are fretting at this stage are being dumb

I suppose. I'd just hate to see them take focus off the single player aspect.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Red Dead Redemption had a fully featured multiplayer that had more gamemodes than GTA 5 has how many times must I say this

That was before they realized that they could make hundreds of millions of dollars off of their online.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

GTA 5's online is still real good without giving them a cent, and regardless of their moneygrubbing they don't withhold any of the gameplay

I hope the game is good. I never got into the online since I'm on PC and that poo poo is rife with hackers.

tap my mountain posted:

Wait, people were actually buying shark cards?

Documents from the lawsuit showed them making 500mil iirc.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 20, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Someone on Tumblr was way ahead of you:

They settled on this console-tan pretty quick!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

poo poo i'm too late to suggest Games > Nintendo Switch - Not A Verse to Change

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I prefer Lagers and really heavy Stouts, though there's nothing wrong with any type of beer. A good stout is amazing though, it sits so heavily in your stomach and it's thick as hell.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Games Chat Thread October: Nintendo Presents Switch.avi

Chomp8645 posted:

Today I'm gonna tell the Gamestop clerk that I would like a copy of the fifth Battlefield game on the third Xbox, both of which can be found labelled "one".

I played it for the first time and it's an interesting break from the Call of Duty series, which is all I had played until now.
I killed a man with a flare gun :whatup:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I think people say Golden Sun has aged really badly if you go back to it

Insane people say it still holds up.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

There are people out there who pretend to like Raichu more than Pikachu, but who are they fooling??

I feel bad for those people, because Raichu is loving neglected like crazy. Raichu never gets anything cool...

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Buca di Bepis posted:

Comcast just rolled out their 1 tb caps nationwide in the US and with so many major releases coming out so close to each other it's not so hard to imagine a lot of people hitting them just by buying a few games on top of their Netflix/streaming video usage.

I can't believe they were allowed to roll out data caps. I guess if you do data caps you don't have to update your infrastructure and can pressure people away from online media and back towards your cable networks.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I said come in! posted:

The Last Guardian is almost one month away from release?

I'll believe it when I'm holding a physical copy of the game in my hands.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

:smith:

I try to be as nice as I can to the fast food employees around here, because that poo poo sucks. As a result I get all kinds of free stuff, just for being a decent human being. But like, I don't even deserve a reward for that poo poo, but that's just how lovely most people are to each other; people are surprised when you just use basic courtesy.

I'm kinda drunk...

being nice to people is a good way for them to "accidentally" upsize your food for you, or throw you an extra burger or whatever.
It's kind of hosed up when you realize that they're rewarding you for acting like a decent person.

GUI posted:

Yeah, shooting the kevlar enemies in the chest instead of headshotting them in Max Payne 3 pretty much fills your entire bullet time gauge. The things you notice after spending over a hundred hours with a game. :shepface:

look man he's called "max payne" not "little to no pain due to instant death caused by a headshot"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Bank of America is probably the worst out of the big banks. Their rates are toilet trash and when the card switch happened they sent out letters about ten days before the sent the cards. Hope you had your address updated, PS you have to pay for the replacement card if you didn't get it, it's your fault that the address in our system was wrong.

Just get a local or a regional bank, they're usually a lot better about stuff.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

https://twitter.com/hellogames/status/792024895525949440

Sean Murray and the good people over at Hello Games have started tweeting again today -- it looks like someone either highjacked their No Man's Sky account or they are trying to break the ice in a weird way.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2016/10/28/that-mysterious-deleted-no-mans-sky-tweet-wasnt-a-hack/#383bc55335ef

This is a pretty good read. It's a weird loving story all around, especially since now that they have it sorted out (I guess) they clammed right back up.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Suck him off and then ask him if he likes Metal Gear Solid

This is a great way to meet new people btw!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

Oddium will march into battle bearing the reds of her av I guess, until she wants to change it

do me next~!

Kirby Superscare! posted:

I am in utter love with it.

your man looks rad as gently caress.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

Good news, we just finished training a rookie into a ranger! You're stuck in permasulk until you unlock new attitudes though. :shrug:

And last but certainly not least, our favorite boy is now complete.

She's so cute, I love it!

And drat that's an amazing Joseph.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

November Games Chat Thread: Pumpkin Chill Zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

wouldn't that have made more sense for October

Pumpkins are autumnal, they work for both.
Pumpkin pie month is here baby!!

• Locked thread