Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm getting World of Final Fantasy and maybe Dragon Quest Builders/Paper Mario/Nioh and maybe KoFXIV if Amazon ever gets it back in stock because I'm not paying £50 on PSN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is anyone buying Playstation VR

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is the new Tomb Raider good, I didn't realise it was out on PS4 this month

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sometimes I feel like a colourless silhouette of myself, drained by a shy guy with a straw

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yesterday I was looking through the nominees for one of those terrible video game award shows coming up and No Man's Sky was nominated for almost every single category

e: http://www.gamesradar.com/goldenjoystickawards/

Best Original Game
Best Visual Design
Best Audio
Best Indie Game
Innovation of the Year
Studio of the Year
Game of the Year
Playstation Game of the Year

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 2, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

These awards aren't credible at all!

You dare question the golden joystick?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why would anyone skip cutscenes on their first time playing a game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

Says a person who has never played Metal Gear Solid 4

I think I've beaten that game more than 20 times

I watched all the cutscenes on maybe 3 of those playthroughs

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got Mirror's Edge Catalyst for my birthday and had a lot of fun with it

The stoy is dumb but what're you gonna do

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is there like a line you can't cross when you're ripping off another video game because that Paladins trailer is insane to me

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

but I want something to play on my stupid expensive goggles :smith:

I mean Rez and rear end in a top hat Sports Bar Simulator and Robot Golf are probably enough but I did try Battlezone as a demo and it felt pretty good. Tank zips around and controls well which I never thought I would say about anything with Battlezone in the name

Miku vr sounds like a good way to escape our cold unforgiving universe for a few precious minutes

Palpek posted:

The first Mirror's Edge's story was horrific though so I don't see it as a huge problem.

Yeah that's true

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why was Jimi Hendrix in that game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What if we banned pixel art for a year

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What about that low poly Japanese horror game, we could do that for a while

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Hey what's that you wanted more of that well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR05_7Xnx9w

I haven't played Back In 1995 and probably won't play this but I really do like the way they look

Maybe in 2040 the throwback retro indie games will look like Uncharted 4 and they'll laugh at our pathetic technology

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

gaming is saved

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think there's really that much luck involved with Spelunky/Isaac. Like yeah Isaac can throw some bad items at you but with some practice you can win with pretty much anything. And with Spelunky once you get the hang of dealing with shopkeepers you have a super powerful weapon/a bunch of items/dozens of bombs etc every single run

I don't remember much about Rogue Legacy because I was only into it for a few days but I did do the Thanatophobia thing and it felt like skill was a lot more important than any luck/rng elements

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

hey fau put embed this in the css or whatever. make it play in games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u_76yAC5cc

I like the original DS version better

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

hey guys i wanna make a new wow character

warlock, hunter, death knight or demon hunter? thanks

argonian mage

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Witness is finally on sale at an ok price on PS4 in Europe, I hope it's good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got a fortune cookie in 1998 that said 'stop mobas before it's too late'

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKgPWVgrzQ

strange to think that they gave the muppet a review copy of paper mario, but here we are

What's the bare minimum I can do to get review copies of video games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My advice to anyone in any situation would be to buy and play video games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's the best board game to play in a room, alone

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Make sure you play Animal Crossing on your birthday so you can spend it with the people that really care about you

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Tabletop rpgs sound like a nightmare

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do people like the audio logs in The Witness

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Didn't Fallout 4 have the thing you put on your arm

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

Tuesday game releases annoy me when something is coming out soon that I want to play. DQ Builders is out on Tuesday. It's the weekend for me now. I want to be playing it now. But I have to wait until Tuesday and will be super busy with work stuff next week and won't really get to play until Friday. Why not just release it when I'm ready to play, is what I'm saying.

You could move to Europe where it's out next Friday but the downside is that you'd be living in videogame hell

We still don't have the new Rhythm Heaven or Picross 3D 2

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Andrast posted:

And that's why you homebrew your 3DS. Region-locking is for chumps.

I will continue to download system updates and wait months for games like a good citizen

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wasn't there a zombie game with a pre-order bonus of zombie apocalypse survival lessons or something dumb or am I making this up

E: it was dying light

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 7, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What did speedrunners do to the Japanese

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

That's one I'm curious about. It looks fun and I like winter games stuff. Haven't had any good ones since SSX.

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been any word of a sequel to that SSX reboot, I loved it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I want to die but I have picross and rhythm heaven

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You should get rid of the lizards + hang out with the friendly blue alien/possibly the bird

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

The soundtrack alone makes me want to buy Mafia 3 (Lightnin' Hopkins?!) but I think I'll wait since we've bought so many games lately.

I'm currently trying real hard to get to the actual game in DQ7

Did you see the mafia 3 video a few posts back? it looks like kind of a mess

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was waiting for Stardew Valley to come out on consoles because I don't really like playing games on my laptop but I didn't know people played it with mods

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Inafune has been killing it these past few years

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

They're the vast majority of the ones I've seen, yes. I only ever see front-loaders at laundromats

Top-loaders are washers, front-loaders are dryers.

First Trump, now this....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The first form takes like 20 seconds

The Nameless King owns, it was my favourite boss in the game maybe behind Gundyr

• Locked thread