Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Hi hello please invite @mnewseso to the wonderful guilds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Rollersnake posted:

See, I thought that this would mean that they would be unpopular,

The cost of a really nice dinner for two, for a dumb shrieking elk.

Ehhhhhhhhh. I mean maybe you live somewhere that you can actually say this, but 45 bucks is barely enough to cover 2 burgers and a beer at the pub.

Maybe a nice lunch for 2 where you both order water.

E: deffo not buying it, but I can see how people justify it

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 23, 2016

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I know people shy away from Deltias here, but I'm following a stamblade leveling guide because I was getting clobbered and dying all the time from here http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-dps-build/

Quick question - why does he suggest putting stuff like rending slash on your bow bar (and arrow spray on the dual weild)? I was under the impression that you can't use it unless you have the appropriate weapon. Is it just to level up the skill?

If this a poo poo build for leveling I'd be happy to hear another one because I wasn't doing a great job picking poo poo myself evidently!

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Aramek posted:

If you want to DW, you have to use Flurry, as that's your main weave attack by far, and you have to take the Bloodthirst morph. That's your heal.

Stamblade is already the squishiest thing in the game, not to have a spammable heal attack is craycray.

Perfect, thank you! I had morphed over that very early on I think and didn't realize the value of the heal for the class.

Are there any general considerations for the easiest DPS spec/class? I'm not too interested in keeping buffs up or setting up combos if I can avoid it. I played feral in WoW and just don't really care for the mania anymore.

If all of the classes are pretty manic for DPS that's fine, I'd just rather avoid if it I can.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Gotcha, alrighty.

I was considering trying out another class. I'm at 37 or something with my stamblade and feel very squishy. Probably have some bad gear choices, but I absolutely believe it when people say they're squishy. I'm assuredly terrible as well so that doesn't help.

I'll probably get to 50 and roll an alt then. Will def be trying out a magika based build next.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

got any sevens posted:

Umm, how does this minion addon work? I opened it and there's just a big + button, tried using it to pick the folder I put the lockpick addon in but nothing happened.

Try running it as an administrator. I just tried to set it up and was running into this issue. Closed it and ran as admin and it fixed it.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Can I get an NA guild invite,
@mnewseso

Took off for a while but starting back up again!

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Inspector 34 posted:

Those idiots who paid to see a movie in the theater must feel pretty dumb now that it's free on TV.

Wait you can watch them for free on TV?

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I haven't played in like 7-8 months, any good reads on what's changed since then?

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
When someone gets a chance can I get invited into whatever NA guild there is? @mnewseso

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
You don't have to be online and it's the account name you'll need

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
So I'm running a magplar DPS following altcast and it's pretty solid at most everything I've tried.

Dungeon queues take forever though! I want to respec to tank/healer (healer most likely?) to bring those down. I've always healed in MMOs anyways so it shouldn't be a huge struggle.

How are healers (or tanks) for slogging through undone quests and general overland content? Is it a huge pain? It seems like people run a dps bar anyways from what I can tell so I can't imagine it's too bad.

Is there anything that I should know before I pop a resto staff on my back bar and queue up?

I don't really want to have a separate tank or healer alt I use for dungeons only if I can avoid it.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Some world bosses are easier than others to solo for sure. You'll have to tailor your build and gear to be able to do some of them.

What I'd recommend is doing the rest of the stuff and checking if anyone wants to do the entire zones world bosses at once. If not, move on and come back later.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I have a ton and I've only just recently hit 50 in the skill lines to echo what everyone else is saying.

Though whenever I got them I just put them in the bank cause I didn't know what they were so I have about 25 to go through still. :effort:

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Subbing gives you a comparable amount (more even I think) than straight up buying them. If you're going to purchase crowns outright, it makes more sense to sub for the same dollar amount.

If you're buying crowns with gold then you can disregard, but wanted to make sure you knew.

No comment on the DLC to unlock though - sorry!

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I'm leveling my warden as a tank just doing the daily dungeon and it's been very quick.

The huge - huge - huge downside is he doesn't have enough skill points and I'm rounding the corner of 50. Not sure I'd have traded the instant queues for having to go back when I was done and flesh out the passives and such.

Keep that in mind. I thought it'd be good to get some tanking practice in but now I'm not so sure that it was worth it!

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 7, 2019

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Not on PS4 but you can expect 15-45 mins or so depending on how busy the DPS queue is.

Unfortunately the vast majority of people want to DPS in dungeons so there's a long line.

You can go around and do other things while you wait for your turn though. If you have a block of time to play queue up right when you get on and go do other stuff until it's ready.

Otherwise you can try healing or tanking (which isn't too difficult tbh) to shorten those times.

Makes it hard if you only have 30-45 mins to play though.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

kedo posted:

Thanks, I'd appreciate it! @kedoco

Out of curiosity, is there any single class/role combo that's particularly desired in the dungeon finder and/or PVP these days? I'm having trouble picking a class and could use a push in one direction. So far I've enjoyed both Sorc and Warden.

Hard to give class recs for dungeon finder since it's just based upon the role you choose. I can't speak to PVP but I'm guessing it's somewhat similar.

If you'd like to tank - DK or warden are the meta choices right now. Tanking is instant queues so this would be really desirable.

If you'd like to heal, templar or warden are solid picks. Healing queues are slightly longer I think.

DPS is pretty variable, but these have the longest queues.

E: you can also transfer most things (gear) between characters. So if you make a Magicka character and find you'd rather be a different class all the gear you have can just get put in the bank and moved to the new one.

All classes can tank / heal / dps though and all of them do it well enough for the dungeon finder. If you're looking to do super high end content (pushing high scores in vet trials, not necessarily just doing those trials) you'll want to go with the meta. But don't worry about this now, get something to 50 then work on getting champion points.

Level as a DPS and explore a bit. When I started I was also super concerned about the best choice for X/Y/Z but it really turns out that you can do whatever with any class. Getting an alt to 50 is much easier the second time and you get to use the champion points you've earned on your main for your second character. Makes it a lot easier.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 20, 2019

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Saki posted:

Yeah if it's at all similar to other mmos I've played the NA server experience is fine until you're against actual challenging content and then it's just miserable. I'll join some random lovely reddit guild instead.

Good thing here is that you can be a member of 5 guilds simultaneously!

Join 5 random lovely guilds and embrace gaming society.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56409

Free mount and crates for twitch stream watching this Sunday (June 9th).

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Overemotional Robot posted:

I have mapped exactly 1 button on my gaming mouse.

Walk.

I like toggle walk on one button then sprint on another. Those are the two I use.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Any recommendations for content creators for build guides and stuff?

Is alcast or deltias any good these days? There was some Minotaur channel I saw yesterday, just don't have a frame of reference for what's good.

I get that it doesn't matter for 90% of content but would like something that can solo everything and do pretty well in random dungeon groups. Or just solo them where possible.

Running a magplar right now so jabbing away, but have no idea what's been nerfed set wise, buffed, how hybrid skills play into it, champion points, etc.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Excellent, will check them out. Thank you!

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I've never done any trials before.

How long does it typically take to get into a group and run some of the easier trials on normal?

I'd be pugging as a DPS, but I only ever have like 2hrs to play in a block. I used to raid in WoW and EQ ages ago so I'm not too concerned about the normal content, just worried about realistic time commitments. Could tank or heal if it meant getting into a group that much faster.

Don't plan on doing vet trials ever, but want to improve my gear for vet dungeons.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Yeah, I figured that was the best option. Scheduling game time with a kid has typically seemed like more stress than it was worth. Just another thing to be worried about being late to.

Haven't really done any scheduled group stuff since I've been a dad, but it's probably the way to go.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

They certainly can be completed in under 2 hours on normal, it's just that in a pug you don't know what you're getting.

Cool thanks. I usually have like a 2-3hr block to run stuff before I want to go to bed. Obviously could stay up later if it's not done yet but wasn't sure if a trial was a 4-5hr affair or something.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I think you are looking for either the high isles collection or the blackwood collection (probably on sale).

The upgrade contains just that expansion, whereas the collection contains all of the ones prior to it.

This is different than the high isles collectors edition.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
High Isle release day!

Excited to try out some 1-bar builds. Hopefully the last two leads aren't a huge pain to get.

PCNA down until 3pm EDT after being up for all of 20 mins around 9am.

Not surprised but at the same time bit bummed out.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Been digging ESO lately. Having a lot of fun with Stamden. Cleave, stampede is so good I might respc my magplar as well.

Just finished up my oakensoul for my 1 bar mag sorc but haven't had time to really go for much.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Are they just nerfing LA damage to minimize the impact? That's sort of how I interpreted that bit.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Mozi posted:

They're also decreasing skill DPS in exchange for increasing uptime and saying on average it's more damage per cast, but that means if you're used to keeping things up all the time anyways it'll just be worse. Maybe more time for a heavy attack or something :shrug:

More spammable casts I guess. Will be curious to see what the dummy slayers parse after the changes.

Wonder what their target for player DPS is, 110? Lower?

Might be easier to sustain on tanks?

I'm intrigued by their goal but I doubt it's going to drag the lowest echelon of DPS up very far.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Synthwave Crusader posted:

This is correct. ZOS has constantly been bringing down the ceiling and they're near the point where the skill ceiling and skill floor are the same.

This matches my experience with pugs 100% :rolleyes:

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
You also end up spamming the same skill 10-15 times before you have to reapply dots or buffs in parse-like situations (limited boss movement).

Not too surprised that you fill that space with more spammable skill casts but it doesn't really seem too engaging from what I've seen watching a couple of PTS parses.

Edit: also the broad scale nerfs to everyone AND then adding more buffs to the trial dummy to obscure how bad the nerfs were is pretty funny.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Yeah to expand, the main bit you want to bind asap would be stuff that only drops from the end boss (jewelry and weaps).

The body parts of your sticker book will be filled out long before you collect all of those.

Make sure you find all the treasure chests as well! Can find 2 per dungeon, they can drop weapons and jewelry and reduce the number of runs you have to do to complete the book significantly!

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Yeah whatever you like the aesthetics of is fine.

Make one of each class and do the mount training on em each day if you have the stomach to do that sort of thing early on.

Game is very alt friendly outside of mounts and some skill lines that are huge pains in the asses to level.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
What are you trying to do?

What about your templar sucks?

If it's an elf and you hate elves then you can buy a race change.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Cutedge posted:

I rolled a Argo Necro because I don't know and I really like the class but man going back to that 0% mount speed from a character with 60% is brutal.

Make sure you get the continuous assault PVP passive if you don't have it already. Should be able to hop into Cyrodil and do the intro quest to get enough to unlock it.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Ninurta posted:

My main issue is that the skills I set/got used to were reset and I feel like I am playing catchup. I am specced at all Templar skills, plus Resto Staff and am not really sure what to use.

Gotcha. Are you doing PVE? DPS or healing? PVP? Prefer mag or stam (or neither)?

Totally fine to just hop to another class if it's been a while and you want to get the ropes figured out but Templars are a top solo class (mag) and are pretty easy once you get the right skills.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Templar, oakensoul, deadly/war maidens, and jabs.

Jab jab jab jab jab jab jab

Hopefully u35 doesn't trash it too much (relative to the other classes). Not holding my breath though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

slot a resto staff and heavy attack and you're good next patch

I'm ready.