Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Morglon posted:

You have access to any of the starting way shrines right away. The quest lines still exist and you can follow them or go where the gently caress ever and do what the gently caress ever. Rush one of the guild quest lines? Yeah it's a bit of a trek but go for it. Main Quest? Sure, it's right there. I've been getting surveys and treasure maps for formerly high level enemy zones so clearing those out was super fun since all I had there was the starting zone shrine and I had to ride a lot.
I discovered you also get the shrine at the opposite end of the map. Which really comes in handy for doing mage/fighters guild dailies in zones you've never been to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

did i miss the early access application window? i got the CE from best buy and submitted all the stuff they needed, but i'm still waiting.
I just got my email from them. Took about 5, maybe 6 hours? Don't remember the exact time I put it in.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Snowy posted:

Free wolf mount and crates if you connect your eso and twitch prime accounts and watch something or other on Sunday.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/3K92m0xeUMyqKEuQ8sUqSw/announcing-our-be3-twitch-extension?utm_medium=bitly&utm_source=SocialMedia
"an opportunity to get free items" and "will be enrolled to receive a special Twitch Drop" makes me think it's not guaranteed.

MH Knights posted:

Twitch prime? Is that something I have to pay for? If it is a free account I would have no issue signing up and then deleting the account if it means I get a doggy mount.
You link amazon prime to twitch to get twitch prime.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Nektu posted:

Go to settings and enable auto-loot combined with "do not auto-loot contrabant".

You can thank me later.

Also, enable the prevent attacking innocents. I think it's under gameplay.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Bardeh posted:

So I just found out Skyshards are a thing. I have no idea what they look like. I've done about 5 delves and explored most of the Morrowind zone and haven't picked any up. :sigh:

The game's 'tutorial' system is absolutely atrocious. It gives you a little mission to learn the basic controls, and then spits you out into the world with pretty much no further guidance on how anything works. I still don't know how to respec, how to learn to craft, I had to look up how to use my mount that I bought because that's never explained, and on and on. Let alone the extremely confusing DLC stuff and how that all even works.

The game seems quite fun, and I'm having a good time running around exploring and questing, but I think a lot of people are gonna bounce off after a couple hours because holy poo poo the new player experience isn't good at all.

Go to your factions first city:
EP is Davons watch in stonefalls.
AD is vulkhel guard in Auridon.
DC is Daggerfall in Glenumbra.

An npc will show up with a quest to start you on the base game main story which is a better tutorial for brand new players.

You can also find the crafting certification quest NPCs. I found it easier to do them in the main starting cities than Vivec city, but ymmv. Also, join the fighters guild, mages guild and become Undaunted while you're there. You'll get the intimidate and persuade skills which come in handy during questing.

Respec shrines show up on the main map. Easiest ones to find, imo, are in Vivec city near the Vivec temple wayshrine.

I did a lot of googling when I first started so hope this helps you out some.

Edit:
Forgot about Cyrodiil. If you're at least level 10 do the welcome to cyrodiil quest to unlock Rapid Maneuver for movement speed while you train up your mount speed.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Welcome_to_Cyrodiil

Crancherry fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 21, 2018

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Rollersnake posted:

The quest for Bright-Throat Village was the darkest I've ever seen ESO get, while still being exactly what you described.
There's a few quests that have gotten to me, but this one was so hosed up and sad I had to quit playing for the day.

Yes, I am an emotional baby.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
Ara, just head to Bright-Throat Village and get it over with.

You'll thank us later.

Maybe.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Aramek posted:

I bought the loving Snowglobe home because it was way cheaper than I thought it was gonna be.

I don't even plan on using it for anything, but I still did.
I bought it too because it's awesome.

I found out today it exits right in Bredas tent, so perfect for new life event. I made it my primary if anyone wants to use it as a shortcut. @crancherry.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Scyantific posted:

New trial alone is worth the price of admission. No more lovely minitrials that get perfected within 2 weeks of release. There' s no way Hodor/MC/Symbolic nail down 4x HMs + Speed + No-Death Sunspire within 3-4 months, it's going to be Thieves Guild patch all over again and it's gonna be fuckin glorious.
I started playing a couple months after thieves guild launched. What happened?

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Scyantific posted:

Froidbuster has you all beat, he wasted money on The Forsaken Stronghold just to do this

This sparks joy.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Beefeater posted:

I'm curious how they're going to handle Sai Sahan in the event that you sacrificed him in the original main quest.

I probably didn't need to spoiler that at this point in the game, but hey, there's a ton of new players lately.
Maybe the celestial warrior like the guy from the craglorn quest? I've never chosen him, but maybe I will on the next char I do the story with to see how they handle it.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Bazanga posted:

Are goons still pretty active in this game? Reading over the OP it seems like the game has some neat systems in place and might be worth checking out.

Pc, no. Not sure about consoles.

It's a fun game if you like Elder Scrolls and the population is decent if you like group stuff. Tons of quests, some really good DLCs: Wrothgar and Dark Brotherhood are my personal faves.

Mobs are shared, so if you don't want to group for everything, you don't have too. Dungeons and raids are the only things that require it, I think.

There's PvP too, but I don't do it, so have no opinion on it.

All in all, there are worse games out there.

Crancherry fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 26, 2021

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
:alienware" in chat if you care about giveaways.
edit:

I did not win.

No argonian murder buddy.

Underwater house seems neat.

Crancherry fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
Apparently giving away the DLC broke the PC megaserver. lol