Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I, too, just got into this game. @PeacefulAnarchy13

I've read there are people willing to trade stuff on the crown store for in game gold, how hard is it to find someone to do that? I don't have enough gold yet, but I'd eventually like to buy the DLC that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Why do people in guild stores sell things for higher than you can buy in unlimited quantities from the game itself. The basic styles are all 15g from the merchants right at the crafting stations, who's buying them for more than that from a guild store?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

JadaX posted:

Lazy people. Rich people. People who don't know it sells for so little at merchants.
I guess, I just don't see how the guild store is quicker than the merchant that's right there that the game tells you to buy from. The crazy prices for some runes and alchemy ingredients annoy me to, but those can't be bought elsewhere (or can they?) so I can understand that.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Yeah the basic style stones, obsidian, flint etc.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Seventh Arrow posted:

Is it possible to visit all of Tamriel? Also if yes, how much of that can I do with just the base game & subscription?
This much:

Can you traverse the whole land by foot, or do you have to use wayshrines
You can use caravans/ships to go from zone to zone and walk each zone by foot, I don't think you can pass from one zone to another by foot

I can only go to Cyrodiil at level 10, I hear. Confirm/deny.
Yes, you get an in game mail telling you this when you level up

Is the landscape scaled down or something? It's been a long time since I played Morrowind but I don't think it took under a minute to walk from Seyda Neen to Vivec City
Yes. Alternatively Tamriel grows physically over the years so everything has spread apart between ESO time and Morrowind/Skyrim time.

I haven't played enough to know how all the quests are.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

BisonDollah posted:

Well, that's poo poo. What if I get a house? Can I just put everything there so I can keep my group adventuring going? It very much hampers the mood.
Nope, gotta make do with the bank. You can upgrade the storage on the bank and your backpack, though.

Some tips (from someone who also just started and finds the inventory management annoying):
  • You can buy back the last 10ish items you sold to a merchant at cost. It's the same trade history for every merchant. So if you're in a quick bind find a merchant sell a few things and keep going then buy them back after clearing inventory.
  • If you're a hoarder, like me, create alts as storage for stuff. It does take some time to set up so that you know who has/gets what. Don't start playing with them, though, or else they no longer really serve their function as storage. If you do this keep your bank with enough free slots to make the sorting quick. Dump in banks, log out log in take appropriate stuff out with the alt(s), log back in with main.
  • Food ingredients are plentiful. Figure out which handful you need for your writ recipies and keep those in the bank, throw out the rest (or don't pick them up in the first place). If you ever want them they'll be reasonably easy to get by poking around in the right places (or if you're desperate you can buy from a guild store don't buy food ingredients from the merchants).
  • Alchemy ingredients I hoard but I probably shouldn't.
  • If you do the daily writs, iron and wood will always grow. You'll never be lacking in these (I don't know if this is true for the equivalent higher level ingredients, but I think it is). The same is mostly true for jute/hide. Point is you're fine not mining for them once you have a dozen or so starter iron bars/wood planks etc.
  • You only need a handful of runes at the start for crafting keep those in the bank, the others you can funnel to an alt to hold.
  • Weapons/armor/glyphs/jewelry use them, sell them, research them or deconstruct them. They're leveled and get outdated no matter what fancy name they have or nice looking stats. Don't keep them as "maybe I'll use them later stuff," you won't.

You can go out adventuring with nothing in your pack if you fancy. Maybe some soul gems and a couple of potions (I haven't used consumables much just playing the normal quests) and the character bound level reward potions and scrolls, maybe an alternate weapon or two at most.

If you go the hoarder route instead of the minimalist throw/sell everything route I find this addon to be helpful in reminding me which alt has what.
is

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 19, 2020

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

So the storage box is like a bank but in your home? Is it shared by your characters?
Is this page accurate? https://lovelynorth.com/home-storage/
"Writ Vouchers, Tel Var Stones, or Crowns" means fully leveled character or real money, I guess.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Doctor Zero posted:

Master writs I assume show up when you max the skill. I’ve been playing for a couple months and never seen one yet.
I've seen them in the guild stores but obviously I don't have the skills or materials so I don't know what other requirements there are besides "a long way off."

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

The bag is ridiculously useful for changing the flow of the game, and also incredibly frustrating knowing a UI shortcut is locked behind $15 a month. All the other ESO+ stuff is cool but also doesn't feel unfair not having.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

mike12345 posted:

Is there a race that gets me a free apartment in Mournhold? I thought it's the lizard guys, but that just gets me a free place in Ebonheart.
No. The six free rooms are the three alliances (Ebonheart, Daggerfall, Vulkhel Guard) and the three chapters (Alinor, Vivec City, Rimmen).
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Doctor Zero posted:

Sorry I currently play on PS4 but I’d like to see how it does on my MacBook Pro and what it’s like on a non-console. But I’m not so curious I want to throw more money at it.

Just wondering how often they do the free play thing.
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/category/free-play-weekend
Mar 2020
Nov 2019
Aug 2019
Mar 2019
Dec 2018
Mar 2018
Nov 2017
Apr 2017
Nov 2016

So, maybe in the summer, almost certainly in Nov/Dec.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

ASenileAnimal posted:

are the blues and purples you steal worth selling in guild shops or should you just fence them?
Blue/purple what?
Stolen loot stuff is just stolen loot, it's account bound and serves no purpose other than to be sold to the fence (and used for a couple of thieve's guild quests, but don't use the expensive stuff for that).
Recipies, yeah some of them can be worth laundering and selling to real people.
Weapons/armor, I've never gotten anything that would seem like someone would buy from stealing.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Most of my addons haven't updated, and even some that have don't work because of unupdated libraries. It's working fine for me without the addons (I don't have allow outdated addons checked), though it's making me realize how much I relied on some of those addons.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

SoUncool posted:

Played a few years ago. I'm thinking of picking this up again and playing with some goonbros. Can I play as an Orc in the Ebonheart Pact? Or are races still tied to alliances?
They are. There's a crown store thing that lets you play whoever wherever, though.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

GreatGreen posted:

How does getting xpacs work? I thought each time a DLC released, the ones before it went free or something? Apparently that’s not the case though.
No, they go into the crown store. All the zone/dungeon DLC is also unlocked with eso+.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I'm trying to figure out all the various DLCs for this game because the store mixes things that are earnable in game with those that aren't and things that are cosmetic with things that are functional.

Content (ESO+ gives access to these):
Chapters (Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr)
Zones (Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Orsinium,Murkmire, Clockwork City, Dragonhold)
Dungeons (Dragon Bones, Harrowstorm, Horns of the Reach, Scalebreaker, Shadows of the Hist, Wolfhunter, Wrathstone)

Character options
Classes (Warden, Necromancer)
Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade (Imperial Class plus cosmetics)

Permanent Additional conveniences:
Bristleneck War Boar (Pet that adds 5 inventory slots per character)
Additional Character Slots (up to 9? additional slots each one bought individually)
Any Race, Any Alliance Bundle (allows creation of a character without alliance/race limitations)
Cat/Human Banker/Merchant (lets you use bank/merchant anywhere)
-------------
One time use crown only conveniences:
Change Tokens (Race/Name/Appearance/Alliance)

Pay money Crowns instead of gold:
Bank/Bag Space Upgrades
Respec Scrolls
Outfit Change Token
Crafting motifs (all these can be found randomly in game or bought from guild stores?)
Storage Chests/Coffers (bought Crowns/writ vouchers/Tel Var Stones not actually gold)

Pay money Crowns to skip the grind:
Skyshards and skill lines earned on one character can be bought for others.
Research Scrolls
Riding Lessons
XP scrolls

Random Garbage:
Potions/Poisons/Repair Kits/Soul Gems (LOL)

I think everything else is cosmetics (Horses, Houses, Pets, Costumes, Furnishings)

Am I missing anything? The Storage Chests and Bristleneck War Boar are easy to miss so I don't know if there's anything else in the sea of presumable cosmetics that adds utility like those.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Speaking of traits and research, Invigorating is obviously the worst trait, right? A whole 3 pts of Mag/Stam/Health regen is beyond useless and even on Legendary equipment it's all of 11. It feels like its only purpose is as a trap for beginners who just research whatever they find and then have to spend longer researching the other traits.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

jabro posted:

There are so many end times happening concurrently I don’t have the faintest clue which one you are referring.
The one happening to these forums: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

The biggest time sink with doing writs is the login screen. I've got precrafted potions and food and the other stuff is easy to craft, and even without eso+ dumping the mats into the bank is not too time consuming (except the provisioning ingredients why are there so many of them), but the time spent logging out and logging in comes close to the time actually spent in game.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

GarudaPrime posted:

is there an optimal way to research traits, I got the perk that lets me do three at a time. Should I just be focusing on ten items at once and getting as many traits on those pieces, or should I be spreading it out?

Is there like an optimal break point for traits for useful sets to craft?
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Craftable_Sets
My understanding is that New Moon Acolyte which requires all 9 traits is one of the best so if you're going that route you'll want everything eventually. That said, there are a number of good 6 trait sets, so once you get to 6 it might be worth it to reserve one slot to cycling up some other stuff. In the time it takes to take one item from 6 to 7 you can get an item from 0 to 6 (7 to 8 is 0 to 7 or two items 0 to 6). That's especially useful if you're going to do master writs. It might also be worthwhile getting most stuff up to 3 before you start pushing out since the short timers can be more of a pain to manage (and it also clears ever important inventory space). I didn't plan my research out very well, but if I had to do it again that's what I'd do, (get everything to 3, then push three of them to 6, then use 2 slots to push stuff up to 8/9 while cycling in the others up to 6) I'd also tell myself invigorating is garbage and don't research it if there's anything else at all to research instead.

For jewelry you should absolutely alternate necklace and ring, though, since they're separate and you can only do one at a time.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Error 404 posted:

poo poo, I got my rear end handed to me tonight by keelbreaker in a full group.
Me too, but I know I'm not very good. I can't imagine soloing that one.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Got randomed into White Gold Tower and that is the longest most complex dungeon I've done so far. There was clearly one person in the group who knew what they were doing and at least two of us doing it for the first time. I died 5 times and we party wiped twice, but as frustrating as it was it was pretty cool.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I'm definitely not there yet, I was clearly the worst in the group (being CP145 stretching outleveled unenchanted training gear to get to 160 did not help), but it changed dungeons from "thing to do to get XP and a skill point" to "thing I'd be interested in doing for their own sake."

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Apparently someone mad about customer support hacked the game in EU. These aren't my videos, saw them posted on the official forum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtm-XtddiXQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6lqX-pyUM

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

g0del posted:

Yeah, I got 2 or 3 apex mounts from free crown crates - to the point where I was starting to wonder if the free crates had better drop rates to try to sucker people into buying more. But then they stopped giving away free crates, so it can't be that.
They give out free crates with twitch drops like once a month. Everything I've gotten from them has been garbage, though. Potions and poisons, one xp scroll and one crown mimic stone. Last time I got a bonus card, and it had a soul gem. Definitely not encouraging me to buy crates.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Innocuous posted:

So with this Imperial City event, I'm relatively new to the whole thing and don't really know where or how to dive in. I want to farm as much gold out of this as possible. Anyone have suggestions over the best way to turn Tel Var stones into cold hard cash? What should I convert them into? And what activities within the whole IC/Sewers clusterfuck should I focus on?
Tel Var to buy either the alchemy mat satchels or Hakeijo and then sell those on a guild trader is the most effective way to convert it to gold. Unless you're good at pvp, though, farming Telvar during an event full of gankers is not at all a good way to make gold. Every death you lose half of what you have on you so unless you're very confident you want to deposit them in the bank as often as possible, but you only get good telvar drops if you go out with a good amount to begin with. It's a risk/reward thing, but for most people the risk is way higher than the reward.

I go in with no telvar, do the daily quests and when I die I go turn it in and get the reward telvar, which is about 1000 in the event and more than I could hope to make killing things. I deposit it and go for the next daily. It's absolutely not efficient at all though, all sorts of overland stuff will get me much more gold in the same time with a lot less frustration.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Innocuous posted:

I'm probably going to run Nightblade so I can hopefully dip out on some of the ganks, I'm way less competent at pvp on my Templar main and it was pretty rough earlier. Thanks for the advice. Any overland gold farming suggestions?
Overland gold farming for me is either stealing or mat farming.
Mat farming: If you can find a good time and place to gather mats and have a trader to sell at it can be very efficient, like 50K per hour. But you have to find the place and go through a the rotation and hope you're not competing with other farmers. It's also better once you get to level 50 as those mats are in better demand.

Stealing: If you find a building with low pop and no guards it's a good way to make money that is very consistent even if it's not the most efficient. You put one point in the fencing skill and you can sell 110 items a day which is 4-10K in 40min to an hour, plus some recipes and motifs and decorative wax that you can launder and sell. I think the item quality gets better the higher your thieving skill, so it'll be closer to 4K at the start and closer to 10K when maxed out. People recommend the docks, and that works, but I found the castle outside Elden Root to be the quickest as long as you don't start the quest that begins populating it. No guards, 6 npcs all spread out easily either ignorable or killable with the blade of woe, and a really compact rotation. Loot is instanced, so this one is essentially solo play and you don't compete with other players. The only issue with this one is that you have to log out and log in at the end of the loop to reset things. I think there are bigger loops out there that are probably more time efficient, but I'm very much a stick to what you know kind of guy.

If you have the thieves guild DLC then the thieves guild repeatable bulletin board has a quest that starts with "Esteemed thieves" where you deliver three laundered items of a type, then you get 10 as a reward plus some gold and a chance at a motif. Once you build up a stable of the laundered items you need you can quickly do this quest infinitely. Take quest, teleport to delivery city, deliver, teleport to Hew's bane, deliver, repeat. Quest gold is leveled, so this one is better once you're at least level 25. You can make about 12K per hour plus whatever luck you get with the motifs.

All of the above is grindy, so you tastes may vary. I used stealing when I was low level since it was safe and consistent. I find mat farming to be kinda tedious so I've only done it a few times, and more for the mats than for the gold. The thieves guild one is good because the quest also gives you good XP, so it's a pretty effective way of leveling too, you get to spend a lot of time on loading screens, though (which may be a plus if you want to multitask).

The best way to make gold is definitely the daily writs though. You can only do the set once a day per character, but they go pretty quick with lazy writ crafter and with 9+ characters you get a good chunk of gold with minimal time investment. At this point I don't really bother to grind for gold, the daily writs are enough for me to keep gaining.

There are also places to grind XP and loot by killing things that net similar rewards and are maybe a bit more fun if you like combat. The place I go is just outside Riften, sometimes there's too many people and it's just a pain, but if there's no one there and you can handle the mobs it can be quick. If there are only a couple of people most of the time they'll group with you and the rotation can go even faster. If you google places to farm XP you'll find some others but this was the first one I went to that I could handle so I didn't bother looking at others. I can group with you and do this one with you if you want.

There are other ways to get gold, but I think most of them involve actually being good at the game and being CP160 and farming weapons to sell.

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 4, 2020

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Mr Scumbag posted:

I guess that's out, then.

Would someone be willing to make me a training set for some crowns?
I'm busy for the next ~8 hours but can probably help you out this evening if no one else does.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Mr Scumbag posted:

I've been pretty active in this game lately and feel like I won't be done for a while, so if anyone wants to give me officer status I'm happy to monitor the thread and add/remove people as necessary.
Anyone can add people to the guild without being an officer. I've added a bunch of people over the past few months.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I don't think they have one. I'd imagine not much will change other than maybe tweaking how crates work if that's something they care about.

My sense with all these gaming acquisitions is that they have a ton of cash reserves and instead of using it to bet on some risky venture that could hit big they're happier taking established companies, mostly letting them do their own thing as they have and building a portfolio of games that they can leverage in the future if things like game streaming or gamepasses become a thing, and they can throw some exclusives in the Xbox pile if needed. The upside isn't as big as the risks Google and facebook take with their acquisitions, but the downside of an established profitable company is pretty minimal.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Mose Velsor posted:

So be me: Played Skyrim when it came out for some months, would ESO be anything for me to try out? and is it a major investment to be able to play the game?
Major investment in what? time? money?
A lot of the game doesn't need either (well you need time for the content, but you don't need to grind anything). You could make a character, increase the bank and inventory size to something half reasonable rather quickly, make some alts as mules if you must, and play the questing and leveling game at your own pace.
The problem is that there are all these systems (housing, crafting, PvP, dungeons and trials, guilds, etc) that you'll come in contact with and if you get sucked in then you're on the MMO treadmill where you do need a bunch of gold for them which means either grinding and/or buying things (there's no pay to win, but there are some pay for convenience things and a lot of cosmetics if that's your thing). The MMO part also means some things, notably inventory management, are more annoying than they ought to be.
If you can just play casually then the game supports that fine, if you're the type to get sucked into grinding or collecting or house decorating then be cautious.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

For me the game has definitely sucked out my time, but I've not paid a cent, if you're not one for the cosmetics then you're safe on the money side (except maybe the subscription which saves the inventory management issues, but you can definitely play without it). There are free trials every few months so if I were you I'd give it a shot then.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

a pale ghost posted:

does gear matter in early level PvP? I'm getting my rear end handed to me and doing no damage
Gear matters but I would guess the real biggest problem you run into in early level PvP is that you just don't have a good mix of skills available to you. A lot of valuable skills are later in skill lines, so you probably don't have them. Going from random gear to matched gear with bonuses is noticeable, but it's not going to get you from rear end handed to you to fair fight, it'll just make it take a little longer to get your rear end handed to you, though that little longer can be valuable.

If you're not doing battlegrounds you should. Small PvP fights, some people will trounce you but you'll also find people who aren't very good, they only take 10-15min and they'll level you up pretty quick.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

a pale ghost posted:

What does it mean to "slot"? And are those sets I get from quests/dungeons?
Slot means put it as one of your 5 skills in your skill bar. You get vigor pretty early in PvP now so if you've done a few batlegrounds you probably have access to it. You need to put a skill point in it, of course.

Both of those sets are craftable. These are all the craftable sets: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Craftable_Sets
Are you on PC? If so I can probably craft for you tomorrow or on Wed. My crafter isn't done researching so I can't do the 9 trait sets and the 8 trait sets are iffy depending on what you need, but otherwise I can probably do it.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

a pale ghost posted:

Thank you both for your replies. I did slot vigor, and I morphed it into the stronger solo heal based on a guide's advice.

A crafted set would be excellent, is there anything I can do for you in return? I'm broke, I just spent all my gold dying my armor lol

edit: I'm only level 17 so I won't be able to use that crafted armor, right?
Post your id and someone id and I, or someone else, will add you to the guild. If you're on right now I'll hop on and do it now.

Crafting the armor is based on what you've researched, so while theoretically a level 17 character could it would only happen if you log into a character to research traits and do nothing else with that character.

Edit: I misread the question. Armor can be crafted at a bunch of different levels. Every type of armor can be crafted, and hence worn, at any level. The only issue with being low level is that you'll outgrow the armor. So at level 17 the armor I craft will be just as effective for you as the max level armor would be on a max level character, but the further away you get from the armor's crafted level the less effective it becomes.

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 13, 2020

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Hexenritter posted:

I'm @hexenritter in-game,
Are you on PC-NA? It tells me account not found for @hexenritter

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

a pale ghost posted:

What is the ESO plus craft bag? I just subscribed for the XP bonus and DLC
When you pick up flowers or ingredients or other crafting materials they don't go into the normal inventory, they go into an accountwide always accessible unlimited craft bag. For those of us without ESO plus they do go into the regular inventory so we have to be a lot more careful with inventory management, and regularly go back to the bank to deposit stuff. Those ingredients also have stack limits (usually 200) so 1000 steel ingots takes up 5 inventory slots. Multiply that by all the different mats in the game and it ends up becoming a game unto itself to keep everything straight and still have enough inventory space. Once you're max level and and if you keep up with it it's not too bad because that reduces the amount of different things you have to deal with quite a bit, but it's definitely a chore that takes up time.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

a pale ghost posted:

Oh ok, I haven't been using it much so that's probably why I can't morph it!
Skills level up from being in you skill bar when you get xp, so you need to have it slotted for use but the actual use of it doesn't matter.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

a pale ghost posted:

So I was building my stamcro to be a PvP character, but I'm contributing jack poo poo in BGs so far and I'm getting really disoriented with how fast it is. I'm considering that PvE might be more for me. The guides online have the builds for each as being very distinct, is there a way to effectively do both or am I pigeonholed?
I'm not good at either PvE or PvP so take this with a grain of salt, but it depends on what "effectively do both" means. If you mean have the exact same build and playstyle and be top level, then possibly not. If you mean be good at both then sure. For starters you can always swap skills around, so once you level up the skills enough to morph them as desired the only conflict would be if your builds need conflicting morphs. You can always swap slotted skills and armor. (You can also respec at a cost) There are more than enough skill points in the game. And if you're not looking to for the meta you can certainly use the same build in both and be effective.

PvE has the advantage of predictability. You're not going to get ganked by a hidden nightblade in PvE. You're not going to get critical hit by an equal in PvE. Even the big bosses that can one hit kill you in PvE you can prepare for in a way you can't in a PvP battleground. Also PvE enemies can be kited or tanked or run away from in ways that you can't in PvP.

One thing I'll say about battlgrounds is that Deathmatch loving sucks if you're not good, like me, but in the other ones you can still contribute if you try to avoid the big brawls and try to accomplish whatever needs doing like capturing a flag or stealing a relic. Also in non-deathmatch, even if you die, just defending a flag or relic for a few more seconds or distracting an enemy and forcing them to deal with you instead of doing something else can be quite useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

In PC-NA I've had two bad group finder experiences out of like 50, and they weren't really about toxicity and more just one person queued up as tank or healer being awful at their role and not actually a good dps to make up for it and the rest of us also not being good enough to overcome that. Everyone's just there to get it done and mostly understands the random lottery that it is. Doing the story with group finder can be a bit annoying, though, and I can't imagine how long it would take if you queue up for a specific dungeon instead of random. Might be quicker if there's two of you and one is tank or healer.