Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

It's cool that it feels like LR was a different game and they just swapped in the cast of FFXIII and set it 10,000 years after the first two so the plot didn't have to make any sense and called it a day

more games should do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

thats pretty much how majoras mask was made and everyone loved it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Every FF game except the MMOs (XI, XII and XIV) are good

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

every ff thread is just tier lists

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I still can't believe I had enough free time as a kid to beat Dragon Warrior and FF1 on the NES.

I had Dragon Warrior as a kid and never stuck with it, i really wish i had lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's insane how few games steal from Chrono Trigger. Nothing CT does is super complicated or hard to borrow. It's a really good game but it's not crazy complex or mechanically deep. Just steal the cool ideas and put them in another game. It has so many cool things.

i feel like a simple ng+ that just lets you take your gear and stats and makes no changes to the game should be way more common than doing nothing at all

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its cool when a game has that and you can stock up on limited availability items by just getting more on each playthrough, that was a 10-2 thing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i remember when i first got 10-2, i didnt understand that it was all about the sidequests, so when it kept telling me to go places, i just would go there instead of going every place except that, and i was annoyed wondering why the game was so hard

i think i didnt realize until a friend had the strat guide with him at school and it was thick as hell

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yea thats the funny thing, the airship location list puts up a big RECOMMENDED or whatever on the next story location, and you really should go to every place on the list except that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

which is exciting compared to normal jrpg towns stuck in time with the same people always saying the same thing through the entire story

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

X-2 is a way better game than X but I imagine people were pissed paying full price for a game that was basically a copy paste of X's art and world

they also didnt like that it was "girly" or whatever

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Alright let's talk about fabula nova crystallis. I think that it's odd that Lightning is the only character on the cover of all 3 games when she's arguably only the main character of one of them and she barely appears in FFXIII-2. Vanille is the most important character in FFXIII imo and of course Serah and Noel share FFXIII-2.

Serah really should be on the cover of 2 theres no excuse for that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i never played the snes ffs theres too many games to be played

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i played a few jrpgs this year and felt like i had forgotten for a while until now that jrpgs are really good poo poo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

How many VII spinoffs are there again? There's Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, and Advent Children, and I can't remember if that's it or if there are any more...
thats whats important
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Compilation_of_Final_Fantasy_VII

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

when u first get to gran pulse (think thats what its called). at least thats how it was in my game because it was literally impossible to beat the story fights or any of the optional stuff at that point without grinding and every enemy i actually could beat was taking 30 minutes.

i dont know if you need to grind but when you first show up there you can beat the behemoth kings pretty easy by staggering them before they stand up and level up fast

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

doesnt 13 even limit you from actually moving further in your sphere grid thing each chapter so you cant grind

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yea the game even grades you on how fast you beat fights, theyre supposed to be fast

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I wonder how Academia 400F or whatever era it was, ever made it into XIII-2 without someone in the development team saying "maybe we should rethink this"

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

i legitimately believe that the intricate matrix of interactions that are provided between the optional triple triad matches and the early guardian force card-to-magic conversion abilities provides some of the most compelling character customization in any console RPG ever, and like actually gives the player a tangible reason to grind. At the same point in time, the whole game autolevels to you in a fairly OK manner of scaling, so its like if you do choose to open up this horadric cube of possibilities, you also make even the random encounter enemies much more complex and powerful. It's basically a beautiful game, bordering on a holy object.

i like 7 cuz it has yuffie and cait sith

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

rediscover posted:

dude these posts are making BD sound like my dream rpg. I kind of lost steam in DQ7 and I'm strongly considering trading it in for bravely default honestly

trading in games?!?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I did this once because my vita came with an assassin's creed game

fair

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

frank.club posted:

There's a custom special move mechanic I want to figure out. It looks like it gives you the option to choose a catch phrase, music, and style but it doesn't seem to work

woah

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

play all the games imo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

Squeenix is also bringing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 Remix to PS4 on one disc

cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ff15 is so cool, i hope it never releases

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

noctis lucis caelum
prompto argentum
ingnis sciencia
gladiolous amicita

which ones your favorite

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

i like prompto argentum because i can visualize tetsuya normura going quiku silba? but in latin please desu which is pretty funny 2 me

Woah

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i didnt

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ok but weheres the nintendo switch screenshot

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i cant process it as cindy, my mind corrects it as i read it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

"anime"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Coolguye posted:

most of the posts in that thread are novels and i can't bear to read that level of irritating pretentiousness, it's purestrain Games in its worst form

i even tried to be earnest about how awful it was, going all if you want to criticize this poo poo you might want to write your own poo poo to get a real understanding of how these things are made and qualify yourself and your own tastes, then linked the greatest movie director of the 20th century saying the same thing as support

everyone ignored me to whine about how insert game here was the worst game in the series some more lol

people who hate games and know a million tiny details about them to explain exactly whats bad about it come off like crazy conspiracy theorists

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

people who hate a game and still play it for 40 hours never asking whats wrong with themselves

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

fozzy fosbourne posted:

The best is when it's something like Borderlands or Diablo 3 and they have played it for hundreds of hours

this but train simulator steam reviews

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Control Volume posted:

Hell, ill come out and say it: id make out with all of the cute boys in ff15

duh

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874165036&ignorebbr=1 $30....

maybe theres been like 0 preorders on xbox one

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Agean90 posted:

so how's ff15?? From what I heard it's 4 middle ages anime dudes going on a road trip and im curious how well it works but not $60 curious

it comes out on tuesday

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I'm a pedo gay Japanese fag fuckboi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

All the enemies were level 7. The monster was level 52.

lmao