Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Tomorrow! (Along with the rest of the outstanding MC2s- Gordon, Josef, Leila, Ricard, Desch, Tellah, and Fusoya.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Going back in time to the event ending in a few hours or so, I, uh, have a question.

So, the only SB I even have in the party is Mighty Guard VIII, not even a shared medica equipped. Selphie ended the battle with 8 charges of Curaja because I didn't need to cast anymore after it stopped attacking physically.
Did I miss some mechanic, and that's why every single one of the dragon's spells did 0 damage, or...?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

What was your RW?

Shout.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

He's finally become a man.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
In other news on the new II event, Firion and Maria get OSBs, Emperor gets a BSB and an SSB, Leila and Gordon get BSBs.
Not all that many new relics over the Guy event, but Banner 1 is stacked high for Firion with his OSB, BSB, and SSB on it.

New Thief 5* coming, too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

kalensc posted:

For anyone still on the fence about giving this a go, it's quite do-able if you have reasonable gear. Here's what my relevant stats looked like:

Thanks, I used your strategy almost verbatim, though everyone but Yuffie (at 80) was only at 65 and I haven't unlocked some of the RMs. Used Mako/Dr. Mog's for Aerith and Yuffie to let them have (Candle Rod's Mending Flame/Clear Tranquil) charges ready to go, and my Alexander was already R2 so it helped dump an extra 20K after the BSB wore off, which ended up being just enough in the end (along with Swift Bolt hitting ~6K on weakness).

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's kind of amusing that they put in the bonus final boss before the main game's final boss for the JP II event.
I wonder when they'll bring in Scott at this rate.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Last II event was in the middle of a fest banner that took my mythril, so let's toss some at this to see if I can beef up my II synergy.

Oh, man, 5? That's the most rainbows I've ever seen in a single draw.

:aaaaa:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

(or Samurai, because Firion didn't get his buff for some reason)
This is strange, but there's a workaround if you happen to have those special motes from the 6* skill fest- unlocking 6* Samurai on Firion takes him straight to the top despite him lacking 5* Samurai.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
We're translated through Angeal; the XI Grandmasters event isn't translated, so it's anyone's guess when we get Ayame and Curilla.

Some Gold Fes-related stuff- the Coliseum starts when maintenance is done, it appears; the orbfest part isn't until December.

Rematch dungeon coming.

More of these themes.

Multiplayer!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
These are starting today. They're just "normal" banners, with higher rates on the featured items and the usual prices.

Banner 1

(11/1 5:00PM PST - 11/4 4:59PM PST)

Lightbringer (VI) - Celes BSB, Maria's Song
Wizer Rod (VII) - Aerith BSB, White Materia
Artemis Bow (IV) - Rosa SSB, Divine Heal
Mace of Zeus (V) - Lenna SSB, Pride of Tycoon
Beast Killer (VIII) - Quistis SSB, Cerberus
Healing Staff (Tactics) - Ovelia SSB, Princess's Prayer
Yoichi's Bow (V) - Faris SB, Sea Lord's Broadside

Banner 2

(11/4 5:00PM PST - 11/7 4:59PM PST)

Razzmatazz (X) - Tidus BSB, Abes All-star
Keeper's Tome (Core) - Tyro BSB, Keeper's Tome
Titan's Glove (V) - Galuf SSB, Unshaken Resolve
Shortbarrel (VII) - Vincent SSB, Bestial Roar
Crystal Glove (VIII) - Zell SSB, Combat King
Punisher (IX) - Kuja SSB, Darkflare Star
Dark Plate (I) - Garland SB, Chaos Cyclone

Banner 3

(11/7 5:00PM PST - 11/10 4:59PM PST)

Flame Staff (IX), Vivi BSB, Proof of Existence
Ninurta (XIII), Hope BSB, Divine Judgment
Mystic Whip (IV), Rydia SSB, Odin
Fire Lash (V), Krile SSB, Sheepsong
Shiny Thing (VI), Gau SSB, Meteor Rage
Fairy Flute (IX), Eiko SSB, Flames of Rebirth
Luminous Robe (VI), Relm SB, Brush Up

Banner 4

(11/10 5:00PM PST - 11/13 4:59PM PST)

Excalibur (IV), Paladin Cecil BSB, Paladin Force
The Ogre (IX), Zidane BSB, Stellar Circle 5
Seraphic Rod (I), Echo SSB, Hastening Gift
Magic Comb (VII), Red XIII SSB, Stardust Ray
Golden Hairpin (IX), Quina SSB, Frog Drop
Omnirod (XIV), Y'shtola SSB, Aetherial Pulse
Heroic Scarf (VI), Mog SB, Heroic Harmony

Hogama fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 1, 2016

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Honestly I don't know why they promote Galuf over Zell when Combat King is DPS Spam Mode Activate and Unshaken Resolve is just a niche invincipunch.

Just ordered numerically by realm, from BSB -> SSB -> SB, so whoever had the first SSB got on the picture. I'd have featured Sheepsong, too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The collective buff wave's nice. Is there anything missing like Firion's oddly delayed 5* Samurai was last time?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

pichupal posted:

We'll probably see the Dive next month when we get the Golden Roulette Event with the other instrument users (I think it's Sarah, Echo and Kefka)

Mog and Cait Sith got their Dives at the same time, too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Going with Amano's black and red used in Dissidia over her final boss colors. Wonder if that'll be a Dress Record.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Luck held out rather well, in both my available Relics and Daedalus's actions.

Firion's Weaponmaster was absolutely the star of the fight, and he was the lowest level member at 65 and forced to the front with the Sun Blade because I don't have it mastered (otherwise I'd have shoved him in the back with a fused Loxley Bow). Penelo had Multi-Break and was dealing ~8500 Diagas, Basch was there for Apocalypse Shield and to rock Banishing Strike, Fran actually had Stop equipped along with Power Breakdown-but not a single Stop occurred in the two times I tried the fight- plus Mist Overload, and Minwu was there for healing and instant Medica.

The holy assault burned him down into half health quickly, and from there his favored AoE wasn't doing all that much comparatively- with all the breakdowns, my guys could tank two rounds and Minwu could top that back up. Without a single Stop, he was probably easier than the Ultimate for me. I'll definitely be burning an MC3 lode on Firion.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
To be fair, 5 of them were supposed to have ended already, except for that Halloween mythril problem.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

With the party they've chosen, it could be a non-crossover XI event coming up. It'd be annoying to have to wait that long for those two in Global, of course. And even more irritating to miss a Samurai skill.
Amusingly, none of the three has 4* White 5* Black and Curilla has no means of adding Lightning-element without dipping into Materia or RW.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Up to four VIII relics now- wouldn't have minded a Medica or a sword, but it's a good pull for Zell.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Lion and Prishe, huh? Keeping XI fully female to date.
Feeling confident about this one making it to Global.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Sprite141 posted:

Leon and prishe makes far more sense for ffxi representatives than curillia and ayame though. Maybe we'll see zeid and aldo next.
It was less about eligibility and more about curiosity about DeNA's representative timeline - Prishe was a shoo-in given her popularity and Dissidia appearances, but she's also post-Shadow Lord in plot importance. Curilla and Ayame could be seen as representatives for Bastok and San d'Oria along with Shantotto for Windurst. But there's an even simpler explanation with Prishe - the Rose Quartet. :downs:

Attestant posted:

Wh, where is the translated stuff from?
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

Hogama fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 9, 2016

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Following the XI event in JP, it's

FFT: Introducing Rapha and Marach, or Rafa and Malak if you prefer.
FFXII: A Penelo-focused event.
FFX: More Tidus.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Should also mention that besides the Chain mechanics, the XI event adds another new ability school: Witch. It's focused on female mages (and Tyro, natch) and racking up combo numbers; the 4* abilities are obviously intended to combo into the 5* abilities, but they'll work with any magic, really, so 4* access is still a good bonus.

Fast Blizzard - 2 single target Ice magic damage + self Quickcast Magic 1
Fast Thunder - 2 single target Lightning magic damage + self Quickcast Magic 1
Flux Blizzard - 6 single target Ice magic damage with long cast time
Hell Thunder - 6 single target Lightning magic damage with long cast time

4* users: Maria, Rydia, Krile, Terra, Ashe, Serah, Reynn
5* users: Matoya, Cloud of Darkness, Rinoa, Edea, Lulu, Shantotto, Tyro

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Jose Valasquez posted:

How are there 8 characters in that fight?

That's a Multiplayer fight. 4 teams of 2 characters.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I started Omega at the buzzer and thanks to that Dusk's Decree RW (and Stop assist from Selphie), Terra and Edea melted the bot with support from Edward (it's no Sheepsong, but it works) and Yuffie (dancing for the medal req, and ~5800 ninja scrolls is rather respectable damage for star level).

I just really wanted those Eggs.

Considering pulling, because I like IV and I'm pretty poor in realm relics, but OK/BSB IS pretty close..

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
There's... TECHNICALLY an earth-based Spellblade, as part of Bartz's burst (Flurry Blast is a 4x Fire/Earth Spellblade attack), but that's obviously not helpful to considering general ability honing.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Not exactly what I hoped for, but on the other hand, it's my first healer BSB and Locke's has Imperil Fire, which, well, I already have Terra's Fire Beam, so... I think I figured out which Chain spell I'm honing first.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
My first OK 1 draw got me Arc's Robe and Staff- nice for kitting him out as a one-stop White Mage blink machine, but I already had Minwu's medica and Rosa's m-blink so it's not -as- major a step as it could be (other than CM concerns), and I really wanted a bigger ticket prize.
So after running a few dungeons for luck, my second 11-pull got me just one Rainbow, but faceted so I knew it had to be one of the two BSB-

Still Shout-less (Planet Protector can serve in a pinch, though, especially with this as Hastega) and Wall-less, but I'm pretty happy, all told. I've got Edward's Faithga, too, so even if it's no Sheepsong I'm pretty decent now for most team compositions and can get more creative with RW choices.

...Kinda want one of the other OK relics, and I'm not sure if I want to draw on 1 again or 2. I'd like Luneth's BSB, but I do HAVE relics for him (Advance and his stun), while I basically have nothing for the non-OK cast on banner 2.
My VIII synergy remains pretty bad, though...

This is only exceptional to me because I've been running the whole III team for over a month prior to this event to prep them without spending eggs (from level 1 to the 70s!) and I'm only just now getting this (I've had all the others for a while).

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
But what about FFVI's Train Ghost complete with SB that removes it from the fight to instantly kill any enemy ignoring any resistance?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

RNG decreed the other half of III shall remain SBless and OK will be a Sage of the NES days.
I can work with it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Man, I got my last Onion Knight Mote at the buzzer- I started the last Enigma stage the moment before rollover and got the drop there.
I had to take some time out to hit up Mote Dungeons (to afford Support 5*) and the III Ultimates (to use Support 5* on CM) before I ran out of time, too, but now my l'il Onion Kid's ready to be all grown up.

Shame I didn't have enough time to go back and master that Dark Dragon raid, I could have used the Orbs. (Managed a raid where we eked out a victory with a hail Mary Fire Beam at the end, but that was a 1* finish)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Ironically I've found that Adamantites are a great source of income when you've bled yourself dry with reforging and need money for orb juggling/skill honing. Each one is 20k gil.
I hadn't thought of that and I'm down to 50 of them now but this is so nice and shiny. I'm so poor

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

xanthan posted:

So uh, how can I get those 4 star motes besides fragment dungeons or whatever? Do onion motes ever come back?
4* motes are just in the mote dungeons right now, but we'll start getting multiplayer raid battles that offer 4* mote rewards.
Onion motes are a possible drop on in the Ahriman mote dungeon, but the enigma dungeons that drop them will come back in the Cloud of Darkness event, too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Minor downside to that is that Thyrus is an SB, not an SSB.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Here's a list of all the relics.
Visual reference for it, organized in DeNA's Realm -> BSB -> SSB order.

Roughly
27% BSB, 73% SSB
29% VI relics, 31% IX relics, 32% XIII relics, 8% XIV relics

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Won't lie, I would've liked some more than this, especially since I already have Locke's BSB, but it does pretty solidly place him as my top Thief (I should really hone Thief's Revenge when I can afford to).
Would've loved Beatrix's BSB for imperil Holy but I didn't have any of her relics and I'll never say no to another Magic Blink source.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

drat, Noel doesn't have a MC3 in global yet. He breaks my ability to have an all lvl 99 party. :saddowns:
Long way out, too, it was just in the latest batch of MC3s from the last event in JP.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Does Shout and Maria's Song stack?
They do; +ATK and +ATK/MAG on different IDs. Same with Sheepsong and Maria's Song.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
An VIII event featuring Laguna (still no Kiros and Ward), a V event introducing Gogo, and a VII event featuring Cloud and Sephiroth, with 20 new MC3s (including Barret, Cait Sith, Ricard, and Edea) and new Record Sphere... spheres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Did Edger ever get a BSB in Japan?

Yep, during a Celes and Locke OSB event.

Edgar's Cape- Bio Chainsaw BSB: 6-hit AoE poison/non-elemental physical damage and inflict Poison and self attach Poison and enter Burst mode; gain "Bio Attack" 4-hit single-target ranged poison/non-elemental physical damage and small chance to inflict Poison/Blind/Silence and "Bio Bomb" 2-hit AoE poison/non-elemental ranged physical damage and small chance to inflict Poison/Blind/Silence

In action.

• Locked thread