Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yeah that stung, just a little bit, but none of the banner was dupes so I'll take it.

Edit: edit rather than double post, does using a "chance to cast spellblades twice" record materia stack with her legend materia in any way or don't bother?

It does. Doublecast from LM and doublecasts from RM are separate chances to proc, so you have a very small chance to triplecast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Benthalus posted:

My BSB+ pull:

Apparently this game wants me to use FFXIII characters. Looks like those CMs should be a breeze in the future.

That Edge burst ain't shabby either.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Bell_ posted:

I want frightening lightning, but that and Rapha's BSB are the only things that wouldn't be dupes. Do chain breaks make more appearances? They're so rare.

There's one for each element and that's pretty much it

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Sephiroth down. Contrary to most, I found what finally worked for me was moving away from turtlestrat ton something a bit more aggressive; rocked a Seph BSB + OSB combo, and assorted buff/healing pieces, and blitzed out a 41 second kill.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Proshellga, Power, Magic, and Full Break, and Wall someone would get murdered during the first pair of AoE.

Proshellga, Vaan BSB, Fran BSB, Full Break, Magic Break (Vaan Cmd 1), and Gaia Cross didn't fair much better.

Everyone but Fran is 99. I'm equipping bonus hp on most people. Everyone is in the back row unless I'm bringing physical DPS as my 5th.

Like I said, I'm confused by how anyone can survive this. Maybe if I had radiant shield, so I could drop any pretense of DPS?

You basically need either last stand going into that double, a medica timed to go off in the middle, or an instant heal.

I used Eiko's USB as an RW, and cast it there, (then had Tyro use his USB and people casting bursts for individual hastes through the dispels), just slamming it with whoever had full ATB when the meteor went off.

Alternately, if you have a Magic Blink SB you can just blink the Meteor.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cosmic Afro posted:

I'm thinking of this team for Sephiroth:

Yuna (USB)
Vaan (BSB)
Ramza (Shout)
Tyro (SG)
Vanille (BSB)

RW: Deployment Tactics.

Any suggestions? I feel like I'm missing stuff like Retaliate, but beyond using the abilities, I don't THINK I have a character that have a BSB with auto retaliate. Altought I DO have Beatrix's BSB now that I think about it, she don't have Retaliate.

Retaliate isn't particularly important. Draw Fire + Lionheart is a much better multiplier on incoming damage.

That said, the main thing I see there is that you have a lot of buffs and nobody to buff; do you have anyone other than Ramza that can do some real damage? With 2.5 healers, you can probably afford to rely on burst mode for haste; Samurai with an OSB like Seph or Orlandeau who can Lifesiphon+hailstorm can do a lot to get you out of the dangerous parts of the fight. Beatrix with Lionheart spamming her BSB would work too. (Better still if you have her magic blink SSB too.)

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 2, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cosmic Afro posted:

I've built another team right now, I think, by some of that!

TG Cid, Retaliate+Gaia Cross(Battlescarred), with OSB blasts.
Vaan, Mug Bloodlust+Thief's Revenge(Mako Might), got BSB
Tyro, Power Breakdown+Lifesiphon(Ace Striker), got BSB, SG.
Yuna, Curaise, Protectga, USB
Vanille, Curaja, Shellga, BSB.

RW: Deployment Tactics. My goal is basically to just outlast him with healing, last stands and good timing with magic blinks.

Drop retaliate, give cid Lionheart and either Hailstorm or Dark bargain; better yet, give Orlandeau Lifesiphon and Battleforged, give Tyro Gaia Cross instead of Lifesiphon, and Battleforged. Put him in the back row. By right around the first dispel, you can basically just have him spam BSB/SG/BSB with maybe an occasional breakdown in between. (It's basically what I did.)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Pander posted:

Yeah my go-to is Edea BSB. The other notable ice mavens are Squall, Rinoa, and maybe Serah?

My best ice BSB is... Reynn.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
https://youtu.be/hCEQYPkqDG8

The intern who makes these is definitely trying to see how many he can get away with.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Eiko's BSB is just +crit rate and not +crit damage as well right?

Orlandu with just his BSB isn't very good though because the commands are long charge times. If you have his OSB then going OSB->BSB lets you completely shred bosses though. :iia:

In a full throttle situation, though, Powerchain/BSB or TG Mode materia BSB is a thing.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Pander posted:

I felt the same, went half myth half gems as one last shot for rikku usb.

Neither is a dupe.

Robe is a lot more welcome since I got Lulu's USB. She goes from a level 1 afterthought to one of my best mages, especially against ice weaknesses.

The shield is my best FFX melee armor. Beyond that it doesn't seem great. I think I'd be more likely to give rikku a dancer or thief abilities than machinist.

Oh well, she's got that plus her BSB, she's a pretty versatile option.

I'm done. No USB, but 5 different items off banner one work for me.

100 gem hit a 5 star on banner 2: dupe chaos rod.

Just my loving luck. My only banner 2 dupe, and I already have like 5 magic/mind staves for this realm.

Her BSB commands are Machinist tagged, so they just got a whole lot better.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ceaselessfuture posted:

So which FFX banner should I make my first pull on? My team still isn't super diverse, so it's basically a grab bag of things I could use.

I'm leaning towards 2 because Auron's USB looks really amazing.

Banner 1 has a game defining item, especially if you don't have Shout/Vessel of Fate at al.

Banner 2 is mostly garbage. Auron's USB is thoroughly mediocre.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Put off doing the Necrophobe JS and I guess I better finish it today before it goes away.

Can you just do RW Cloud USB and brute force it like usual, or is there an actual strategy this time?

I legend dived butz and got his LM relic and did a RW cloud USB and uses his old unique SB enwind to oneshot the barriers and then spammed snowspell strike and killed it in like three attacks.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

KataraniSword posted:

Looking at it, they work best with someone who has a Doublecast Ninja LM (so Edge or Shadow) or against a boss that doesn't do a lot of AOE physicals.

FTFY. For single target phys spammers, just bring a friend with Gaia Cross or Sentinel.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Prism posted:

Where does Fujin stand? I know she has 9% total +ninja from her RD (as well as 9% Black Magic, if that matters), but I don't know what her LD or LMs are.

The thing with Fuujin is that the Mag cap on ninja magic is so low that you're often better off having her cast Meltdown and use her BSB and bring another Ninja to spam Raging Storm than you are having her use ninja magic.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Is Thancred a good choice for ninja skills? I'm still undecided about the Shadow banner and I noticed his BSB1 is in the crystal tower selection LD.

If his poo poo sucks I'll go for Lulu BSB if I get a good ice phy user, or Penelo for damage/medica.

Thancred isn't great. I mean, if you have his relics, he'll do just fine for spamming Raging Storm at a wind weak boss, and he has better weapon access - particularly for +Mag weapons - than most ninjas, but he's no Edge or Shadow.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I mean I'd much rather have 1,800 major orbs than 10 mythril but I'm not gonna be too upset about it

At orbfest droprates and 200 stamina, 10 mythril is worth somewhere between 1500-2000 major orbs and they're substantially more likely to be the orbs you actually want.

If you're anywhere close to up to date on realm dungeons, you should keep doing them.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Zurai posted:

Errr.... math please? I don't remember Orbfests being ~1 major per 1 stamina. I remember them being more like 1 major per 25 stamina, which would put us at 80 major orbs.

Also, Japan doesn't get Orbfests any more.

Yeah I'm dumb and moved the decimal in the wrong direction from 7.7 stam per greater orb when converting.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

BGrifter posted:

Um, wow. I might be the one person most of those changes actually look pretty good for. WoL CSB, Yang BSB, Yuna USB and Fran BSB were all dupes and NONE of the relics added are dupes for me. :stare:

Different dupe replacements, but in the same position. The banners are objectively worse but better for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Philouza posted:

I've also got her BSB (and SSB). So the good news is I have a +Ice doll and +Ice dress in any realm. I can beat Fenrir fairly easily in about 45 seconds with:
Squall (BSB2)
Reynn (BSB)
Papa (Ley Lines)
Healer
Alph (Radiant Shield)

I tried this morning for a sub-30 build:
OK (BSB, entrust bot)
Ramza(entrust bot)
Lulu
Papa
Healer

I tried by casting USB, BSB, USB, Cmd1, etc. The damage definitely adds up but it's a lot to keep track; I'm just not good at it, but I feel like that team could get it done. I've died a couple times half way since I went with Slow resist but I might tried wind instead and cross my fingers.

Fenrir is one of the easiest magicites to no heal so long as you have Enkidu or Wendigo to heal or absorb an AoE.

Also, optimal Lulu use is probably using the fastcast witch spell until first USB, then alternating USB->slow witch spell-> USB with entrust bots feeding the cycle.

• Locked thread