Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Got in the PC beta. I hope is isn't a ghost town like every PC MP game that isn't on Steam. I can't wait to sling some ninjer daggers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Can I rep the Japanese but play the other faction's classes?

EDIT: Are servers down?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This game is bad rear end but it's not eighty dollars bad rear end imo.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there a server maintenance schedule I can take a look at? How much longer are they down for?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What does the stunned debuff actually do?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I kind of wish these guys shouted their move names in English instead of Chaiwanese or whatever. I wish I knew what the Raider says when he does his unblockable.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The devil trigger or honor mode or whatever its called is dumb. In a 2v1 you're better off taking turns trying to gently caress the guy up because if he's even a little good at blocking he can build meter like crazy and constantly get temp HP back.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, this game is fun but lmao eighty dollars for just the base game. A higher production value Chivalry isn't worth nearly a hundred dollars.

Hopefully it doesn't die in a few weeks like 90% of multiplayer games do and I can pick it up on the cheap from a Steam sale in a few months.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Game is DoA on PC. Queues for 1v1 are taking forever.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I'll be honest, I really hate the bleed mechanic. I'm fine with it in theory but it really sucks to get lightly poked at low health and then have some Noubishi rear end in a top hat just scurry away so you bleed to death. It'd be a lot less frustrating if they had to actually hit you and bleed damage wasn't lethal.

Don't get hit.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I know its early so its all bullshit, but what's everyone's top/bottom three?

Right now I have Orochi, Peace Keeper and Nobushi as the best and Kensei, Raider and Conqueror as the worst.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Just so I'm not missing anything you can't change heroes on the fly right

Negatory.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

panda clue posted:

Presumably you will be able to spend $$$ for in-game currency to buy heroes faster, but heroes should be purchasable through just playing a lot. The metric people were throwing around is 15~ hours of played time to unlock a new hero, of which there will be 2 every 3 months.

lmao this game costs over $60 american dollars and you still have to unlock most of the cast

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

OctaMurk posted:

I would probably put Warden at the top, followed by Orochi and peacekeeper. Warden gives you a lot of control because you have crushing counterstrike for top attacks, double-hit on the side lights, and your zone attack comes out very fast with long range. Orochi has some quite good disengage and fast zone attack. Peacekeeper has good engages and the triple-stab guard break does an absurd amount of damage with no counterplay.

Can't you just tech the guard break?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Imagine if they didn't waste any time and money on the retarded 4v4 modes and single player campaign and meta game modes and customization that nobody cares about and instead just released the 1v1 and 2v2 modes for like $40 dollars or something.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

panda clue posted:

unlockable characters in a fighting game? what a novel concept

It doesn't take fifteen hours to play through the arcade mode of a fighting game, friend, and they all start with more than three characters unlocked lmao.

Gaj posted:

What an awful game

Yeah, that's why they should have done what I said.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

panda clue posted:

Yea, most fighting games release new characters and force you to pay $5 to be able to unlock them, and give no option to get them through gameplay at all. The 15 hours to unlock a character is for post-launch characters that are released in expansions; you're conflating them with the base cast, of which only require a few hours to unlock the entire roster. Sorry for the confusion.

offering a way to unlock DLC characters for free is pretty cool imo

Fair enough. The DLC characters being unlockable for free does somewhat alleviate the dump pseudo-F2P stuff a bit.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

I think it's really dumb that most deathmatch and duel modes begin with ringouts right next to you, instead of having to travel to them.

Raider would be literally unplayable without them imo

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ohsosad posted:

Problem with light attack spamming to try and stop a guard break is they just parry you then destroy you before you are allowed to even press anything.

I don't think the guy was advocating spamming lights to just preemptively stop throws. If you think someone is going to throw you, you can just light attack and it will stop the throw.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, if you could stop the guard break on reacting it would just be a QTE basically.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ah, gently caress. I just bought the GMG version of this but I didn't realize it was a UPlay activation.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Steam version of this still runs through Uplay, right? I'm trying to become less depressed about buying a Uplay copy

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

It seems like the DEUS VULT meme caught on in a big way on reddit in the final day too which may have tipped the scales.

Whoa don't they know Polygon said it's racist to say that?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This game should probably give the player with more health the win when there's a a time out. It's retarded that if I'm at full health and the other guy is near death he can just camp a ledge and force a draw.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

loving lmao at one costume pack costing literally almost 40 American dollars.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure you have to dodge them.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This game surviving depends entirely on how many people like the 1v1 and 2v2 modes because those are the only parts of the game that aren't completely hosed up imo.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So when is the patch that reverts GB to how they were in the beta coming out?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'd be really surprised if there was any sort of MMR with the current 1v1 system just putting you in a lobby basically. I hope they implement a system like how fighting games work where you just get matched up for a bo3 then can immediately search for a new opponent.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think the big changes that need to be made are:

-1v1 round time goes down to like 1:30.
-1v1 gives the player with the most health the win at a time out.
-Parry window on light attacks is a lot smaller or is removed entirely.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Because its pretty retarded how if you're one hit away from death you can run away to a ledge and just camp it and basically force a tie. There's a reason why every fighting game has a round timer and time outs.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's the deal with the follow-up stab after the Warlord headbutt anyway? I feel like it only comes out like a third of the time I try it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Comparing the Warlord's kit to the Conqueror's is really funny. The Warlord has a ton of offensive and defensive options (including the best parry in the game imo) and the Conqueror has a bad version of headbutt and a gimmicky weapon charge.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

A few quick questions about this game since a lot of it seems either incomplete or unintuitive:

1. Guard break interrupt doesn't work the way it says in the tutorial, right? It seems to require you to hit X and then change stance for it to work, rather than just hitting X.

2. Does Brawl mode exist? I have a daily for doing Brawl matches and the map category says Brawl & Duel, but only seems to have duel. Do I have to be in a party for Brawl to appear?

3. Is the faction thing important? I chose to fight for knights, which seems to mean that the only relevant types of matches I can do are Dominion and Elimination/Skirmish. If I do duels it doesn't appear to mean anything since that bit of territory is contested between Vikings and Samurai and there's nowhere to deploy war assets at the end of a round. Are war assets like a currency that gets banked and then deployed later at a different location if my faction isn't fighting there?

I like the actual game, but god drat is all the online stuff Ubisoft as gently caress.

1. No, it works how it works in the tutorial, it's just really strict timing. You have to hit the button when the icon flashes white and you have to be in a neutral state (I think). Moving your block around shouldn't be necessary.

2. Yea, go to the Duel & Brawl mode and hit the arrow to change the mode to Brawl.

3. I actually have no idea how this works and I have like close to 30 hours in the game lmao.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah when my friend and I 2v2 we won't attack the other guy in a 2v1. Not because of honor or anything we're just both really lovely at fighting 1v2 so we hope we can trick the other team into not doing it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

satanic splash-back posted:

Honor is the fear of being on the losing end of a 1v2

Maybe, but I get 90% of my kills by pushing people into poo poo so :shrug:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is Valkyrie actually as bad as people are saying? It seems like she has a ton of tools.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think revenge is really stupid and should just be removed from the game, but if they're not going to do that getting rid of the knockdown and stamina boost should be enough.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

The knockdown and stamina boost are like 90% of the entire point of Revenge. Revenge fulfills a legit purpose: It's a come back mechanic for when you're outnumbered, but is not any sure proof of victory in the 4v4 modes.

The problem with Revenge is Revenge gain gear. That's it. You get rid of Revenge gain gear and the game mechanic is fine.

Revenge serves its purpose well enough if its just a boost of temp HP that also breaks grabs. Attaching all the extra stuff to it makes fighting 2v1s or cleaning up after a fight annoying.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Wouldn't every 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 be a guaranteed loss without revenge?

They should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You can already throw people off of cliffs and into spikes for an instant kill as a come back mechanic, and in the 4v4 modes you can always just run away from the fight. Making your teammate a liability in a 2v1 or rewarding the guy who kills his opponent slower in brawl is retarded.