Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I've started environmental killing everyone, like all my gear is plus throw. People keep raging and calling me no honor :cabot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Jerkface posted:

I suck rear end at this game, fighting vs humans is a bit beyond me right now and even the AI kicks my rear end sometimes. It seems they do way more damage to me than I do to them and if I let them get off like 4 attacks in a row from loving up I'm basically dead.

The character I've had the most success with is the main samurai dude. I had some pretty cool 2v1's vs the AI where I got revenge & then killed both ending with an execution. The graphics and gameplay are pretty sweet though.

Ai is better than majority of players

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

nessin posted:

Don't bother with KB&M here. This is definitely in the category of games where you shall use the controller or suffer. Probably the most glaring example, blocking. Not only is it nearly impossible to NOT be blocking in a direction with the KB&M configuration, which means your more susceptible to guard breaks, but shifting your block direction is very iffy. Like if you're a person who holes their mouse slightly tilted, then you may have a natural swing of slightly up or down when moving the mouse left or right and suddenly you're guarding in the wrong direction. Or just the vagueness of the deadzone with the mouse over a stick. Granted there may be a control scheme that allows blocking via keypress instead of mouse movement, I didn't dig that deep, but this just seems like a game where KB&M is a definitive no go if you want to really master it.

Looks like someone has never played a sword fighting game on PC before.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Valkyrie is very interesting but kind of cumbersome to play (well). She has a lot of combo potential but its a lot to remember

That's what I like about Valkyrie. It's only the first day but I imagine after lab ratting her for a week she won't be that difficult to know what situations you use what.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

So I just kicked some guys rear end in 1v1 without environmental kills or anything. And he says it's no wonder I'm on the no honor thread on Reddit?

Oh well

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

lol what is there some kind of Name and Shame thing on Reddit for people to whine about others fighting UNFAIRLY* or something?

*Unfair (ajd): Counters my play style.

Yeah I'm not sure I can't find the thread. I wanted to screenshot it because I think that's hilarious. I'm gonna keep on tbagging my way to the top

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Went to Reddit discord had to wait 10mins to ask for a link to the thread. Apparently there is none dude was just salty as gently caress

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Darkmoon2k posted:

Valkyrie is frustrating with her low damage and speed, but I love her kit and visuals. I want to stick through playing her and hope for a buff, or just get good enough where I can patience my way through fights, but it's hard.

I feel like landing the sweep combo leads into big damage.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Reminder don't be a dick and play on wifi. Just had a 1v1 where the dude was host on wifi and would be super laggy every 30 seconds or so.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

fadam posted:

This game surviving depends entirely on how many people like the 1v1 and 2v2 modes because those are the only parts of the game that aren't completely hosed up imo.

Esports

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Here's to hoping they don't add ranked modes, because I don't want to deal with more spergs yelling about ehonor Everytime they lose.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

panda clue posted:

just spam 'Wow!' with the quickchat in response to everything they say

for maximum effect, make sure your emblem is a salt shaker or something like this:

I use XD and the crying face emoji both equally effective.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I've never seen a page so wrong before in my life. Valkyrie 5th best in 1v1? Did they just pick names out of a hat?

Maybe going off alpha? Wasnt Valk very good before launch?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

so this happened when trying to load in

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Strategy for beating the shugoki:

Step 1: parry his attacks
Step 2:

Break his armor and gg

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

panda clue posted:

Fighting games are niche because you're thrown into a 1v1 situation where people get angry that they can't find reasons to blame their losses on someone else, so they blame the game. MOBAs and FPS have mass appeal because people can blame their teammates (and they do, constantly) rather than trying to admit they could improve themselves.

This. 1v1 in for honor has become the other player is no honor or their character is op. No way the losing party is at fault.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

Simple on the surface, high skill ceiling reminds me a lot of Chiv. How visceral is it? Does it have a team objective mode/teams of more than 4?

If not for the fact that it's €59,99, which is more than I'm willing to pay for a game, I'd give it a try. As it is, I think I'll wait for a sale.

This game needs 180 back stabs and random shouting and it will be close to chiv.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Is there a comprehensive list of skins? I couldn't find anything on google

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I'm having a hard time trying not to mash buttons

Focus on learning to parry than attack. Try to let them attack first to train yourself not to spam.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Panzeh posted:

I kinda think counter guard break is really bad for the game's design because it totally negates the primary means of breaking someone trying to block aside from mixups involving unblockables, which are available to 3(maybe 4) classes.

If you actually had to counter a guard break with an attack and the game was balanced around that, it would significantly improve things.

So it would turn into spamming attacks.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

The netcode in this game is basically magic once you actually get into a match.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Easy lore way to add fourth faction. Say the samurai met up with the Arabs and they want to create an alliance to destroy the knights. Etc etc.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Multiplayer faction warfare map is pretty lame and limits the available class growth of potential other factions. They should just get rid of it

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Also add pirate faction so I can relive the glory days.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Donnerberg posted:

Finally got the Ouroboros layer. Now I can have an anime emblem. :woop:

Shouldn't you be weaboo faction.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Vikings need a fat brawler type dude like shogoki, but uses his fists and his taunt is drinking beer

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I'm not trying to be a prick but functionally that's the Warlord. He has throws with big travel, short range, no real combos, and an unblockable opener.

But we have to use sword and board. I wanna use my fists

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

Namely throw their glowy rear end in a hole.

My favorite is fixing their back with a nice command grab.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Red Mundus posted:

Dude must skip out on a lot of matches.

A man lives by the code.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

I ran into an Orochi that was prestige 20. How the hell can you be that high already???

Running 24/7

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

Now change it from 2 minutes to 0 minutes, allow people to join during post-game lobby, and eliminate the auto-launch timer (just make it launch when everyone hits READY) and you'll have a system that isn't a loving joke.

And while we are at it remove gear.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

The whole reason I got sick of Overwatch was because Blizzard was god awful at balancing and after seeing several pathetic patches I realized the gameplay was never gonna reach its potential.

I'd really hate to see the same thing happen here.

That and the game was too team dependent. Felt no matter how well you play you got 5 anchors pulling you down.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Aesis posted:

Overall Revenge mode is just too much strong at the moment so there's no reason not to go for it.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Whalley posted:

This is the best online community I've experienced honestly; I haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer game since like, Quake 3. I haven't experienced any of the toxicity and I frankly suuuuck

Majority of the toxicity I've seen is in dominion and usually some assassin or Nazi symbol dude.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I missed his earlier stuff, but this dude literally would bitch about every single death he got in all chat.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Should I feel bad for maining shogoki since he is op or something? I just got love for him as a gief main.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Jesus. Peacekeeper isn't even strong because of her GB bleed. She can wreck you with nothing but light attacks and light bleeds from heavy hits. My guess is one of the devs is biased because he plays PK so doesn't want it nerfed like what happens with WoW balance.

This is why every game should have like one person in charge of balance. Like ice frog.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Everytime I click quit to desktop. Why change the location of quit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

If they reduced gear effectiveness by 75% would that be a reasonable change?