Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

The Eagles will win tonight. Unless they lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

You’re far too optimistic to be a true Philly fan. Brace yourself for disappointment until the parade is happening.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

The best case scenario is Zeke not appealing and taking the suspension this season since they’re basically done already. Dragging it into next year would be a terrible move. I hope that’s what he does.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

CyberPingu posted:

God drat it stop getting our hopes up. We all know how this ends

It ends with an end of season collapse to end up 7-9

Every true Eagles fan is expecting this.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I'm betting beer on the MNF game with my buddy who lives in DC. If they win I'm giving him some Tired Hands bottles. If we win I guess I'm getting something from... DC Brau? I dunno what's comparable. Maybe Right Proper but they don't bottle. In any case a loss would hurt extra bad.

NotWearingPants posted:

All 4 championships in 2020.

(I don't give a gently caress about the Flyers or Phillies though)

I actually think this is a possibility for the Eagles. They definitely seem to be on an uptrend.
Sixers are probably next closest if Embiid, Simmons, Covington, and Redick continue to improve but the biggest threats are stacked teams like GSW which I have no idea how you compete with that outside of hoping one of those guys is the next LeBron.
Flyers are young and playing well right now. But Amac is wearing an A while Sanheim is watching games from the press box. Fire Hakstol.
Phillies lol. I don't see this happening any time soon. Team is rebuilding and the outlook is not as good as the young team that won in 2008.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

You could write that story about every single team in the league: Drunk Idiot Tosses Beer on Opposing Team's Fan, Fight Ensues. But for some reason it just plays into this narrative that pervades the media where they just have to portray Philly as the absolute villains of all fan bases.

This subject always riles me up.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

TheChirurgeon posted:

There's been some data to support the notion that Philly fans, along with Oakland, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco fans, consistently cause more problems:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...m=.65123603969f

Your quote and the data presented in that article don't line up. Philly is actually right around the middle of the league in arrests according to that data. The fact that the article specifically mentions Philadelphia as "being on the leagues radar" just further's my point. The stats don't add up to warrant that sort of thing.

And if you want to address the whole "Arrests also tend to go up when the Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles and San Francisco 49ers play road games, according to the data." Maybe, just maybe, that's due to the fact that those fan bases are among the most well-traveled fan bases. Of course you're going to see conflicts when half the opposing team's stadium has been taken over by rival fans.

Basically the numbers don't tell the same story that the media has been pushing for decades.

edit - Here's the actual top 15 in arrests: http://www.thesportster.com/football/top-15-nfl-teams-with-the-most-fan-arrests/

1 - San Francisco
2 - Oakland
3 - Pittsburgh
10 - Philadelphia

Yeah, we definitely deserve to be ranked up there among the worst of all teams. Definitely not some sort of bias against us at all.

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 19, 2017

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

NotWearingPants posted:

While I agree with you that it's mostly bullshit that springs from the days of Veteran's Stadium, we can't really get too mad at the media about it because many fans are just as guilty of perpetuating the narrative because they like the mystique of being the tough fans with the scary stadium, even if it's not true.

That's my whole point though. There are dummies doing this in every fanbase. Yet we're still being portrayed as the villains even though the actual numbers don't support that narrative.

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's also worth noting that the data doesn't appear to be normalized for stadium size; with a listed capacity of 69,596, Lincoln Financial Field is 14th in capacity. If they're actually 10th in arrests, the back-of-the-napkin math suggests that they're arrested at a higher-than-expected rate.

The data includes arrests both inside and outside the stadium. It's as normalized as it's ever going to be because nobody reports attendance on tailgaters.

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 19, 2017

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Super Fan posted:

I’ve always considered the Eagle fan base to be a wretched hive of scum and villainy and I’ve always hated the team because of it.

cognitive bias is a hell of a drug

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

TheChirurgeon posted:

This assumes that for the most part, bigger stadiums have more tailgaters, but that seems reasonable.

I, too, like to mix my assumptions into data analysis. I find that it gives them a certain flare of wrongness that really makes my point better.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

BraveJoe posted:

Wentz should be a Brown

No. Because that would require the Browns to not do something dumb like trade their pick.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Kendricks has made so many huge plays this game. It’s incredible.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

indigi posted:

I'm still not totally sold on Wentz, his mechanics are still medium garbage, he's still not terribly accurate, his deep ball is still bad. I feel like he's a frankenstein of Bortles and Alex Smith

This is a good troll.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

a new study bible! posted:

I think ESPN is favoring the Boys iirc

This is true. I saw a graphic earlier today that showed the eagles only being favorites for one of their next 5 games.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I don't see the Cowboys winning the first game if Zeke is out. They rely on the run and without their premier back the number one run defense in the league is gonna manhandle the Cowboys. If Zeke is in it's probably a lot closer. Zeke will definitely be a factor but he's not gonna put up monster numbers.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

https://twitter.com/realronalddarby/status/927312220870103040

Oh and Ronald Darby is back after the bye.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Yodzilla posted:

Isn't Seattle's offensive line like, real goddamn bad?

https://streamable.com/78psf

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

shyduck posted:

I mean this is great news and all, but I feel our CBs at the moment have been holding it down. I'm not sure if I'd start him on Sunday.

I would. He's a starter and the most talented CB we have. The backups have done admirably, but having an extra man in that slot is a good thing. We want Darby out there.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

McNabb was the best QB in Eagles history and Reid had a lot to do with that. He definitely made a lot of bonehead decisions but I never understood the Reid haters. He was awesome. Just ran into a lot of better teams.

I will agree that Andy Reid challenges suck and the man has no idea how to call a hurry-up offense though.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Farchanter posted:

2012 was a textbook example of a toxic workplace destroying team performance, maybe even more than this year's Giants.

Just keep in mind that the 2016 Giants were a bad team that benefited from a lot of luck. They had the second easiest schedule in the league and they went 8-3 in games decided by 7 or fewer points. The toxic workplace excuse only works if they weren't a lovely team prior to the coaching change. But 2017 has shown us that they're just reverting to form. The Giants have sucked and will continue to suck until they clean house. When they fired Coughlin they should've used that opportunity to fire everyone. What did they expect would happen when they promoted the guy running the anemic offense into a head coaching job?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Jesus. I just audibly gasped reading that. That's dodging a bullet. Wentz would've been written off as another failed QB if McAdoo got the job.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I just don’t see how the Cowboys win this game unless it goes full Clownball.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

So this is the official GDT for eagles cowboys right?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Ronald Darby is good.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

You all suck dicks

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I don’t really pay enough attention to other teams. Is there any other division that has such a high rate of clownball games or are we just blessed?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Cousins definitely walks. I just wonder where he ends up. Im thinking Denver. But there are a bunch of teams who could use him. Dude is gonna get paid.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

NotWearingPants posted:

I thought the general consensus was that Cousins is better than Prescott now?

Consensus? In the football thread?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

a new study bible! posted:

She's an overwatch character

So yes.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Your new avatar owns so hard

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Yodzilla posted:

That’s maybe the dullest rant I’ve ever heard.

This is how you rant

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/935641171342237697

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Today I am a Redskins fan. Let's go The Football Indians of Washington!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Play posted:

Jeez this game has been nuts. How many turnovers and dumb drops were there in this first half?

I still think the Redskins are gonna manage to pull it out. Cousins is legit loving good, he looks top 5 easy right now.

Come join us in the game day thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842265&perpage=40&pagenumber=8

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Eagles suck.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

CyberPingu posted:

I dont know if this is your coping mechanism but you are on EDP levels of stupidity here.

It’s the only way to react for a True Philadelphia Fan ™

Team is garbage. Fire everyone. Blow it up and start over.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Glad they didn’t put the little eagles logo on this one. It’s much cleaner when the entire image is in the same style.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

axeil are you ok?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

All Foles has to do is play competently and they can trade him for picks. The league is so starved for reliable quarterbacks.

But I’m still holding out hope for a Kaep signing.

Edit -

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeSielski/status/940254563931627520?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

shyduck posted:

former pro bowler, 7 touchdowns in one game, POLK HIGH

Al Bundy only managed 4 at Polk High.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Yodzilla posted:

I have three responses to this:

1) This is Jesus telling Wentz that running quarterbacks have short careers
2) Wentz has now dispersed his immense reserve of Jesus Energy to the rest of the team who will be unstoppable
3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJF13nTR_lA

The path is clear. Sign Kaep for Foles's backup, Foles gets us deep into the playoffs, Foles gets traded for some good draft picks, Kaep starts next year while Wentz is still recovering. Bonus if Foles wins the Super Bowl and that gets Kaep invited to the White House.

Dear God,
Let's make a deal: I will believe in you if you make this series of events happen.

Your Potentially Faithful Servant,
HatfulOfHollow

• Locked thread