Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Lote posted:

I wouldn't mind a two quarterback system. It would be interesting to see in the NFL.

Watch the Cleveland Miami game from this year. Cleveland is dabbling with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

indigi posted:

yes, that's kind of the point. any decent starter could have done that.

Which is why they were able to make a Super Bowl with Bernie Kosar

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Browns assistant WR coach.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

predicto posted:

This.

All this talk about Dak and Ezekial is hard to evaluate. They may be special, they may not be.

The loving offensive line - that is what is special about the Cowboys right now. Jerruh may be a complete rear end in a million ways, but he understands the No. 1 fundamental fact of football - a dominant O-Line fixes almost all problems. It was true in the 90s when the line made Aikman look like an all-time great QB (he wasn't) and it still is true now.

I would bet if you placed Cody Kessler behind Dallas's Oline and Dak behind the Browns O line you would have similar results.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Chichevache posted:

I was a child in the 90s, Cowboys "fans" were everywhere and-- surprise surprise-- they were the same cockholes that cheer for the SeahawksPanthersSeahawks now.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Chichevache posted:

:lol: if you think our bandwagon was watching football in the 90s.

I said nothing about the 90's.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

Now that the Chargers have lost to the Browns, I think that we can finally set aside this discussion about which division is better, the NFCE or the AFCW.

NFC East 4-0 vs Browns this year, AFC West 0-1, checks out.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

I also root for players I like. Not that hard to understand

Also this will never happen so who the gently caress cares

It'll warm the cockles of my heart to see Mack and Gabriel get a ring

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Chichevache posted:

You're 150 years too late.

500 years

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Cash Monet posted:

This. I worded it a little awkwardly.

Wilson and Luck aren't Aaron Rodgers but they're good and have shown they can elevate talent around them. You're not getting that with Kirk Cousins and if you're going to make him one of the highest paid players in the league that shouldn't be a tall order.

That is what competent QB play costs and you have tagged him twice, he knows what he is worth to that team. Just pay him.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Lote posted:

Anyone want Romo for half a secondary?

We have a slightly used Joe Haden.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Anyone with a brain knows that weed is great and should be legal, but if you are getting paid millions of bucks maybe just stop smoking Josh Gordon amounts of weed and stick to the system that all the other guys use to smoke around testing times.

What is Josh Gordon amounts of weed? I'm just curious?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Enough to get you busted by the NFL, obviously.

I don't follow the policy changes enough to know if things have drastically changed, but it used to be that the NFL only tested for weed in the late spring and summer for like 3 months total in the calendar year. Once you get bopped then they will test randomly and more frequently. What the NFL did to Josh Gordon is hosed up though and I am against flushing a dude's career because he likes weed, but if a potential-league-MVP-level talent who plays on a division rival wants to smoke during test times, I can only muster so much sympathy if he gets suspended.

Ok here it is

First offense was in College, entered the NFL in the stage 2 testing program where they get tested 10 times a month.

1st NFL offense, codeine in cough syrup, in February. 4 game suspension reduced to 2 games.

2nd NFL offense. 1st positive weed test, tested at low enough level that no organization outside of the NFL would recognize it as a positive test(likely from being around weed being smoked but not smoking it himself) The level was so low that if they tested his second sample first he would have passed.
Permanent Ban Later reduced to 8 games after Wes Welker got suspended for Moly and that got overturned.

3rd NFL offense, DUI

2 game Suspension attached to previous 8 game suspension and prohibition of consuming Alchohol during the NFL league year,

4th NFL offense.

Drank on a plane to vegas after week 17 Browns game, Permanent Ban has never returned.

The Josh Gordon situation is so stupid and it illustrates how bad the NFL substance abuse program is.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The transition tag doesn't include compensation. Either he gets paid that $29M, or someone else provides an offer that Washington has to match. If Kirk leaves Washington gets nothing.

It works wonderfully well for player retention. See Alex Mack.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The other benefits far outweigh the inevitable conflict that we get two games a year. Plus I just can't hate Eli Manning. It's like hating a puppy.

Pyror is an athletic freak and also has the brains to be a QB, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he and Cousins form a fantastic bond and they do incredibly well this year. Gruden is once again calling the offense so I feel like there's a smooth transition there, and if the defense is healthy we should be at least competent there. I don't think the playoffs are out of the question, depending on how things go.

Pryor owns, you'll get some good wildcat stuff with him too

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

axeil posted:

We don't have any rings but we are good at :justpost:

Also the refs were loving up so bad in the Washington/Philly game that I had this horrible feeling they were going to gently caress over someone. I still don't think it was a fumble.

They can't gently caress up a fumble worse than the Duke Johnson Fumble last year in Washington.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

AL Lerner refusing to apologize for the fans to the league owned.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5VZG6HV5IU

now the second greatest comeback in NFL history

Ahem.

https://youtu.be/o7Xs8a_nASo

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I see a bad team vs a bad team from a different division in week 5 and not a dagger that ended the playoff hopes of a hated division rival.

25>21 :colbert:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm going to be honest, I bet each year I could sleep with more women than the Browns win games

I'm in a monogamous relationship and I tied them last year and I'm winning this year

Which is why we clutch at these fleeting moments of greatness, i.e. Joe Thomas's Iron Man record.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Same guy fired Chud after 1 year. gently caress him.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

This is the more realistic list. You could have also had "Saints if Brees walks" but like the other three, I don't think that's going to happen. Ben is really, really unlikely to retire now that Haley's gone.

And in terms of desirability, I'd rank the FA QB class as:

Cousins
Brees (bc of age)
Foles
Taylor
Keenum
Bradford
Bridgewater
McCarron
Moore
McCown

McCarron will have RFA tag on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

I thought the decision on his 2018 UFA/RFA status wasn't going to happen until mid February. Not sure how that ruling is going to go, but I suspect you're right and the Bengals will get away with loving him over and stashing him on the NFI list when he was actually healthy enough to play

Yeah and the Bengals will drop a 1st round Tender on him, Hue will push Jimmy that we sign him and Cincinatti gets #1 overall.

• Locked thread