Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Jeez this game has been nuts. How many turnovers and dumb drops were there in this first half?

I still think the Redskins are gonna manage to pull it out. Cousins is legit loving good, he looks top 5 easy right now. Special teams and receivers have been loving up, defense is looking pretty good though. I'm not sure the Cowboys can continue to get that lucky.

e: whoops, didn't see that thread for some reason thanks

Play fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Diqnol posted:

I’m looking forward to the Rams game. Should be a more legit game.

Agreed. The Rams are more of a top-down team and there is rarely any crazy bullshit going on. Mostly a grind up and down the field with a few big plays and very few penalties. I think in that game we will see whether Wentz is worth his salt and whether that defense can slow down a top-ranked offense.

The Eagles are still good but I think they will take at least one more loss before the playoffs. Rams being the most likely but the Raiders and Cowboys could also pull it off.

Postseason? To be honest, I don't think they can do it against the best teams in the NFC. But I'd love to be surprised.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

indigi posted:

just because I don't think Wentz is a top 8 qb yet doesn't mean I'm happy to be starting Nick Foles

You are tripping so hard. Wentz was well into the top 5, obviously. The way he played that game against the Rams was loving incredible. Honestly, it was that game, where he was severely injured, which made a believer of me. He carved that defense the gently caress up with amazing throw after amazing throw. The one thing he didn't do well was land properly and protect his body, but that's because he was playing like a loving champ and a warrior. I'm not a rabid fan of any team, but Wentz was loving legit this season.

aBagorn posted:

I'm seriously not worried.

With 4 weeks of reps (3 games + bye) - I think Nick can run the offense well enough in the postseason to score 25+ on pretty much the entire NFC, barring the Vikings.

Also, apart from the Saints or Rams, I'm not really scared of anyone's offense. Gurley really gashed them today, but there was also a lot of very sloppy tackling which seemed very out of form for this secondary/linebacking corps.

You should be scared. Play some highlights from Wentz's season and tell me Nick Foles could've pulled that off. Better yet, watch all his third down plays.

The Eagles are set up, but to believe they can win in the playoffs without him is foolish. At the end of the day, no way in hell are they taking the super bowl now. It's likely they won't even win a single playoff game. Before the injury, they would've been my favorites.

Still, it's gonna be a good season, and once he's healthy he'll get back to it. But losing Wentz is everything to that offense, don't kid yourself otherwise.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

indigi posted:

you're nuts. right now I'd take Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, Ryan, Ben, and probably Rivers over Wentz without a second thought

Wentz not top 5 this season? Seriously? I'm not an Eagles fan whatsoever, but that guy was carving up defenses on a platter. His last game this season might've been his best ever. Tons of people all over the NFL are crushed that he won't appear in the postseason. The way he was playing, it's just sad we won't get to see what he can do in that situation. The guy's got serious skills, and every single qb you mentioned is a veteran while he is in his second year. Rodgers missed the majority of the season. Brees will always be amazing and so will Rivers, but Wentz showed enough promise that he could be better than both of them. Big Ben? If Wentz was at Pittsburgh he'd be outplaying Big Ben so hard.

Also, I can't loving believe you put Matt Ryan on this list. He's really good, but Wentz is so obviously better than him that it makes me think you're just trolling.

rujasu posted:

Before the injury, I would have taken zero of those guys over Wentz. He was playing on a completely different level from anyone I've seen in the NFL to date.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

indigi posted:

sorry but are we just tossing the KC, SF, and Seattle games out the window? because he didn't carve anything off those defenses, and his inability to make touch short throws actually hampered the offense pretty significantly

Oh my, Wentz led his team to two losses over the course of almost an entire season. Obviously, he's poo poo. A good quarterback wins every game, EVERYONE knows that! - this retard

Meanwhile, Matt Ryan leads his team to five losses. You pretty clearly don't have much vision for the game of football, Wentz's play was fantastic this season. That's why people throughout the sport, people who do this for a living, are frustrated that they won't see him in the postseason. He played so well this year that losing him literally cheapens the entire rest of the season.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

He also said he wants to use that to become a High School Pastor...So yeah

A terrible waste of an enormous dick imo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

Probably, but it depends on the market.

Like is there a team out there that sees Burton as a #1 TE? I don't. So it wouldn't shock me if he doesn't get a huge offers to be a backup TE somewhere else.

I think he's gonna get some decent offers, maybe even teams who want to fit him in as a starter. He played at a decent level and then his participation in the Philly special gives him a lot of name recognition and attention in the league.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, but uh at least it's only online. :)

It's weird but I was pretty disappointed when I heard this stuff about Foles and Wentz. Probably Trump voters, etc. It's childish, but I guess in my head I thought they must be cool guys in every single way. gently caress, it's football after all. You don't have to be a genius to be good.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

euphronius posted:

Or is it ...

I set em up, you knock em down

Play
Apr 25, 2006

89 posted:

Trey Burton will probably end up a Patriot somehow 🙄

This sounds irritatingly likely now that you mention it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'd be super down with Foles getting the starting job in Buffalo. Yeah he's a great "insurance policy" but I'd like to see him do more than that and be the designated starter for a team that is obviously over their QB and wants a pocket passer like Foles. The Eagles should definitely extort Buffalo for all they can, of course. But the fact is a Super Bowl MVP in the backup slot is also a liability because he will be wanting a lot more cash than last year and the Eagles do have cap worries to consider.

A trade for some draft slots would be perfect, allowing them to get a few cheap young talents and allowing Foles to get the starting job somewhere.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ugh... I'll, uh.... see myself out

Play
Apr 25, 2006

i've got my dead gay internet football club at the very least

Play
Apr 25, 2006

very stable genius posted:

Hey guys I didn’t forget about my dumb toxx. My dude just sent me this which is probably what I’m gonna get unless anyone has any objections.

BIG! DICK! .... JESUS?? Is that you????

Play fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 19, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

we feel the tensions

Play
Apr 25, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'm setting the over/under for games lost due to suspension at 2.5

I'll take that bet! *rolls dice*

Play
Apr 25, 2006

You can order beer online?? What have I been doing with my life :smith:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Play
Apr 25, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I for one welcome our new Rugby Beast. God talk about raw potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH233ZDm-BA

You know they drafted him as a tackle but I'm thinking blocking / sneaky catching tight end.

Picks like this pretty much never work out though. Turns out football is actually really difficult to learn at any position. Remember that German dude? Trying to make the roster will be the hardest thing he's ever done but I'm rooting for him.

axeil posted:

I am a proud member of the Sproletariat :patriot:

:hai: I was just watching his highlights the other day. And what incredible highlights they were, I'd put him right up there with Adrian Peterson in how exciting he is to watch.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

Lane Johnson, the best offensive tackle in the NFL, comes in at #95 on the NFL's top 100 list, right behind Kirk Cousins.

I take it as the NFL's way of letting everyone know right away that the list is complete poo poo and the sooner you start ignoring it, the better.

The list is automatically relevant because it's voted on by the players (and only the players, I believe). That gives it an element of a popularity contest but at the same time the respect of your peers is the best kind of respect. I'm not sure why you're upset about this

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DaStampede posted:

Not quite the impartial grade on the Giants there.

I'm predicting that the low grade is because the commentator thinks they should've taken a quarterback.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

lol at the idea that a visit to the white house is not political

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

we've got one of the most athletic TE's in football, Jesus Christ Himself at Runningback, O'Dell loving Beckham at WR followed by exactly who you want at WR2 and 3, with Wayne Gallman as a lightning quick scat back and Perkins as the bruising 3rd down RB he was always supposed to be. our O line is upgraded and we no longer have a revolving door at left tackle. we have a loving powerful offense and no more Ben McAdoo. can't wait to see which horrific injury makes me start combat drinking every sunday!

This is exactly why it's really do or die time for Eli this year. With all that help and the rising expectations he better turn in a winning season, and he probably should unless he actually has become a bad QB

Play
Apr 25, 2006

:lol: Bucky Brooks was flogging the Cowboys again and the exercise was to pick a few of the best "triplets" (QB, RB and receiver) in the league. He actually chose the Cowboys. Zeke is the only proven talent there and it was pretty funny him trying to shoehorn Alan Hurns in there as one of the best receivers around

Play
Apr 25, 2006

rujasu posted:

I don't think he's a good fit for the Eagles at all.

Jay Cutler

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I think the coaching changes is the more important factor. A big test for Pederson and the chance (chance!) to get exposed without some key staff

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Man the supplemental draft has been a real non factor the past few years. I feel like the last player of any substance to come out of it was Josh Gordon

Play
Apr 25, 2006

HORNY DOGS RUN FASTER

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Which team in the NFC East has a quarterback controversy? The Eagles with Foles/Wentz is NOT a controversy in any real sense of the word. Washington's set on Smith, Cowboys on Prescott and Giants on Eli.

The best QB controversy in the league by far is with the Jets. It's got everything: aging journeyman coming off the best season of his career, beloved young player returning from injury, and of course an exciting young rookie taken at the top of the draft.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

Honestly it’s my fault for listening to Philly sports radio. I’m still betting on Foles starting the season and he had better do well because fan pressure to put Carson in regardless of health is going to be immediate and obnoxious.

Well that's their job I guess, to manufacture a "controversy" from nowhere. I mean either Wentz is healthy enough to start on week 1 or he isn't . . . seems pretty simple right? Not to some people apparently

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

Assuming Foles coming out and playing at a best possible scenario level, there would almost certainly be a QB controversy. If Foles is 6-0 and putting up 2013 numbers you think nobody would even consider keeping Wentz on the bench?

The organization would just play it as giving Wentz more time to recover though.

That's pretty drat unlikely, his games last year were super up and down and there was a lot of luck involved to squeak through. I think everyone, including Nick Foles, understands that Wentz is the guy and if he's healthy he will play. IF he does somehow manage to win a bunch of games they might ride him for a couple more but in the end Wentz is the quarterback and that is as it should be.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I like Move the Sticks, Around the NFL, Pick Six, Locked on NFL and the MMQB Ten Things podcast (DO NOT listen to the Albert Breer one) from ESPN. Good listening while I'm at work, some of its garbage but occasionally there's some real intelligent football discussion.

I try to stay away from anything that's fan-driven and focused on only one team since it's usually bad

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ah man I did not need to visualize that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Now tell Dak to shut the hell up too

• Locked thread