Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It was a good turn 5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I feel like rerolling all day is a good way to make you hate this game before you even play it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Speaking of Mythril Golems, I ended up with 2 of them somehow. Are they any good?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I got another Sun Oracle Pascale, so I guess fate really wants me to make that deck.

Also I think like half of my class legendaries have been for Runecraft.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Okay, so I have 2 Sun Oracle Pascales, and 1 Dark Angel Olivia. Which puts me most of the way towards a Pascale Runecraft deck (this one), except I'm also missing 6 of the golds (Juno's Lab and Calamitous Curse). I have about 3500 vials saved up, if I liquify the animated cards I don't need. I already have all the silvers and below I need, if that even matters. Is it worth crafting anything to get closer to this deck, and if so what should I prioritize? I don't have any animated legendaries to toss, but I do have two Mythril Golems.

Edit: Also, what substitutions might be possible? Alchemical Lore instead of Calamitous Curse? Lucifer instead of another Olivia? Twins Guardians instead of Juno's Lab?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 1, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I got three of those randomly. That plus my first Sun Oracle is the only reason I'm even thinking about it. It would be my first "actual" deck though, and I've already been kind of using it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Oh wait, score rewards are monthly? This game is pretty generous. I mean, it's harder to get the higher end stuff, but you'll always be getting steady income.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I've been fighting mostly idiots in ranked. :shrug:

I mean, i lose like every 4th game at least, but I'm still fiddling with my decks so I think that's acceptable.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

My number is 856 018 820.

As far as I can tell, you need to be friended to have a private match, but otherwise it doesn't do anything. No communication tools, for example.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Is it just me, or are the draws in this game significantly more random than Hearthstone? While on the the face of it 3/40 isn't any worse than 2/30, and in fact slightly better, in practice it means that you'll never ever get to the bottom of your deck, and are more likely to draw 3 things you didn't need and 0 that you did. Anecdotally, it feels like I'm screwed by my starting hand way more often.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm just saying that having ~10 cards that will never see light in any possible game, no matter how long it goes, lowers reliability significantly.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Nov 2, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I wouldn't waste vials trying to build it. Either play it as is with what cards you got or hope you can draw them from packs while playing other decks. Remi and Rami is the most important card in the deck and is the only card that you should be using vials for if you don't have 3 of her.

I didn't follow your advice and made Juno's Secret Lab x3 for 2400 vials, and now the deck is like 3 times better. That one card just makes it so much easier to actually set up a Pascale turn, which is pretty much my win condition.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

yum posted:

2x Sun Oracle Pascale
Lord of the Flies
Gabriel
Skullfane

32 packs after tutorial. Keep or reroll? Don't think any of these are S tier from the op

I am 100% certain that Vanilla Mint Ice will tell you to reroll that.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I didn't know about rerolling and just went with my first packs. After about a week, I almost have one of those competitive decks from the website.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Pascale is my waifu. Apparently. Honestly I'm not even sure why she's in Runecraft? Like, she's an oracle and the flavor text just talks about dancing. Is she even a witch?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That's what makes it interesting, imo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Incidentally, is it worth putting in anti-amulet tech cards just for things like that? I noticed that there are a decent number of decks where the win condition is "have an amulet out".

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I got an animated one in my intro packs. I figure any dude that looks awesome as gently caress and has a continuing board effect that starts the turn he lands is worth keeping a while.

I ran into a Juno's Secret Lab deck in unranked. I beat it but it took me getting pretty lucky on a sequence of spells for me to outlast 2 of those things staggered a turn apart and then win with Dshifts. Was that some rogue brew or is there actually a Juno deck going around? I assume actual creature-focused decks kind of dunk all over it, but I've got no experience to speak to it one way or the other.

I'm running a Juno/Pascale deck, and it does pretty well against most creature decks unless I get bad draws. Decks with alternate win conditions like D-Shift or Path to Purgatory seem to have the best odds against me, since it's not fast enough to stop them. It wins by having incredible taunted stat value and efficient removal, forcing them to sacrifice nearly everything they have just to hurt me, and outlasting most opponents. Like, even when I let a guy have Leonidas' banner out for a couple of turns I still just outstatted him and won. That said, it's supposedly not a top tier deck.

Incidentally, since it's sort of a control deck, Erasmus works pretty well in it. I wouldn't especially mind having 2 of them.

Edit: The dream is that by turn 8 you have a 10/10 with ward, a 6/6 with ward, a 4/5, and like a 4/4. It's just a big wall of stats.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 4, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yeah, there's a thing that both buffs existing officers AND future officers, as two separate abilities. I've never encountered a card that didn't do what it said, although it can sometimes be hard to read spellboosts effects.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I just hit B0 playing nothing but Storm Haven. I've got cheapo sword and spell runecraft but I'm not nearly as comfortable with them. Should I just tank my rank to start building toward another deck? I really like the flexibility of the forest decks I've been seeing.

I've had some success doing my other class quests in unranked mode.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Look at that hand.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Good hand.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Golden Battler posted:

Check out the cards remaining - this game lasted forever

I once managed to get an Elana Haven deck to draw themselves to death. Basically it involved parking Erasmus in a corner and anything she played would die instantly (obviously after all the removal had already been used up). The fact that she had double Elana probably hurt more than helped, since she didn't have enough space on the board to do anything.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That terrible feeling when you realize that your carefully crafted Pascale deck is probably worse than this random Dragon deck you threw together because you opened a 2nd Forte.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Nov 7, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What's the rationale behind more people playing the Sister Initiate version of Storm Haven rather than the Moon al Miraj one? I will say that version tends to beat me running the Moon one in the mirror but I dunno how it fares in other matches. Moon does a lot of work for me.

Personally I find the Sister Initiates more terrifying because playing Moon al Miraj means you're not hitting me in the face that turn. Storm Haven tends to win by barely killing you immediately before you can stabilize, so having one extra turn where at best all you did was kill a minion gives me that chance to stabilize.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Zoness posted:

moon can hit face though

it's just that she crowds the 6 drop slot along with garuda

Speaking from playing midrange sword the 6 drop I hate the most is Themis though. It shouldn't be good but it makes this dumb guessing game when I'm racing the haven player, plus it's like Haven's only way to kill Aurelia.

...Oh yeah. For some reason I've never seen her hit face, so I forgot she had Storm and not Rush. I guess everyone just wants to get maximum value out her regeneration.

Edit: But yes, Themis defines why it's hard to kill Haven.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What beats aggro vamp anyway? I've only played a couple variants of Storm Haven on the ladder and blood has a strong matchup against all of them. I'm not running into it enough to really justify leaving Haven behind, but I'm curious. Does Elana Haven get its poo poo together fast enough to kill em off?

I don't have a great bat deck (missing a couple Vampiric Fortresses), but I've found it very hard to get those last few HP down if they keep healing.

Edit: Got 2 golds from the free packs, a 4th Vania and a 2nd Garuda. Garuda is nice, I guess.

Edit2: I consistently beat aggro vamp with my Pascale deck. Honestly I never felt like it was all that threatening in the first place.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Nov 9, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Speaking of which, about how often can we expect balance patches for this game?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Golden Battler posted:

You know I always wonder what's going through my opponents' heads when I start my Solitaire victory play.

I'm glad to know it's exactly as frustrating as I was hoping.

I just sort of sigh and hope they screw up.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yeah, almost every class has a huge turn 4 evolve play. Looking at the patch notes, it seems the extra card draw was added later to compensate for the 2nd player evolve bonuses not being enough on their own, but I wonder if the addition of these super-evolve cards in Darkness Evolved shifted the balance too far. It does seem like letting both players evolve on turn 4 would smooth out a lot of the wild divergence.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's taken me entirely too long to realize that it's easier to deal with Storm Haven when you petrify their first double-animal amulet.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nah, I'm also B3.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Sophism posted:

But it's so much better when you do it to an Elana's Prayer. And absolutely delightful when you do it to an Enstatued Seraph.

Elana's Prayer is good, but not AS good, imo. They're pretty likely to just keep healing up until they pull another one, while for Storm it stops their momentum completely.

Edit: That sure is a hand I have:

Clarste fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 11, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also I've literally never had a petrify in my hand when Enstatued Seraph comes out. Not because I'm using them all up, but just because this game is the most RNG thing ever.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I have gotten to A rank and I still have no idea what a Shadowcraft deck is supposed to look like.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I see a lot of hype for Cerberus, but it's never really impressed me when played against me. I guess there's a lot of flexibility in how you spread its value around, but everyone who plays it just shoots me in the face for 2 and accomplishes nothing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

You don't need 51%. You earn more points for winning than you lose for losing, so throw in win streak bonuses and you could probably advance with a significantly sub-50 win rate. It would just take forever.

Edit: Control Haven (usually called Elana for the card that buffs followers when you heal) is weak against fast, aggressive decks.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 12, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's just way too risky imo, and ultimately something the opponent has more control of than you. I wonder if we could ever see something like "automatically plays itself the moment you enter vengeance."

Clarste fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Nov 12, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

fadam posted:

Assuming you just buy and dust packs, how much does it cost to make a top tier constructed deck in this game?

About 75-150 dollars, I think? That seems kind of absurd though, given how much I've gotten for free.

Edit: Doubled the price accidentally because I didn't realize how much Crystals actually cost.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

trucutru posted:

I have 2 tias and 2 animated Zirnitras (what is the point of her? compared to similar cards she seems to suck) so I'm already half-way to it. But I'm waiting for the next expansion before I do anything, because they'll probably nerf her rear end either directly or indirectly.

The point is to summon 2 5/5 dragons and then hit face or trade.

• Locked thread