Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

All lurkers and new NBA fans should jump on the Kings bandwagon I got spots saved for you

gotta watch that georgios papagiannis - his dad say he good, he better than all the nba player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Got my league pass ready. it's time

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

This is good, keep Kanter and Adams together.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Spite posted:

Portland's are better, but they are really trying to give Aminu the nickname Chief for some reason.

He's a descendant of Nigerian kings, hence why that is being applied. It's been around since he started in Portland

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

I hate Clyde Drexler, he is probably the worst announcer.

I need to watch more games though, the lakers announcers sounded okay. I really don't like the lakeshow or their fans.

Gotta think of it this way, it's part of an announcer's job to make a lovely team appetizing for fans to watch.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Spacebump posted:

The worst part about the Mavs :negative: is that in theory when everyone gets healthy, they will play themselves out of an excellent pick.

What happened to Barea, anyway?

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Kibner posted:

FYI, Turner is on pace to have the worst net rating of all time. Now, is the problem his teammates (sometimes, kinda) or him (vastly yes)?

both.

Lillard and McCollum are atrocious on defense.

Teams know how to stop Portland, and the supporting cast isn't getting it done.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Since my last couple Blazers posts were somewhat optimistic, I feel like I should add that their defense is making me very worried about the future of a Lillard and McCollum backcourt. If things don't improve I think McCollum is going to be shopped pretty hard.

Out of the 125 guards that meet the MP/G leaderboard this season, Lillard, McCollum and Crabbe are 3 of the 6 with 0 defensive win shares (Swaggy P, Bojan and Afflalo are the other 3).

And in DBPM And Crabbe is 89th, CJ is 107th and Lillard 117th.

amian Lillar

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

The end of Portland's bench currently has an average PER of 23 and 0.213 WS/48.

So who wants Napier, Layman, Quarterman and Connaughton in exchange for your star player?

trade them for rudy gay or carmelo tbh

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

http://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/#!?CF=MIN*GE*100&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1

There are only two powerful lineups in basketball - the warriors 'death lineup'...and the toronto raptors bench + kyle lowry

Portland starters are #3, further proving that Evan Turner is loving terrible.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

tanglewood1420 posted:

Lillard wears #0 because he says it's the number of players on the other team that can guard him.

Same reason Kyle Singler wears #15.

gently caress, good Singler burn, but Lillard wears #0 for Oakland and Ogden - we call it the letter O instead of zero around these parts (the announcers at the Moda and home broadcasts)

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

Remember when Blazers fans and other morons were pumping Lillard for MVP after a week

yeah, well - we gotta have something.

This team isn't doing poo poo, and some dubs player will win it, regardless of whether they were the most valuable

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol at that stiff dumb-hair illini chump meyers leonard

:agreed:

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Lockback posted:

I just want to say how weird it is that people in their 50s and 60s would have a 4 year engagement.

well, these aren't exactly normal 50/60 year olds. These people have the monies

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

As long as Amian Lillar doesn't get into the all-star game, Portlan may make the playoffs.

It'll just piss him off and he'll go sub-supernova

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

My vote:

Deandre
B Griffin
Kawhi
THE BEARD
Damian Lillard (my boy)

PG13
The Process
King Zing
Kyrie Irving
Kemba Walker

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It has crapshoot aspects with lots of 1v8 upsets but unless you're going back to pre-WW2 days I can't agree with this at all. We're still seen the Cup being passed around between the ruling class of elite teams these past few years to where there's been 4 different champs in the past 8 seasons with pretty loaded lineups. Which average teams do you think have won it?

Carolina Hurricanes, 2006

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Metapod posted:

i just had a thought portland were the ones to offer kanter the max imagine how much worse the trailblazers defense would be if okc didn't match. lillard cj kanter in one lineup jesus

I'd rather have kanter than any plumlee. ugh ugh ugh

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

this feels like the bulls' season so far in a gif

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Silver should just take Butler, Dame, Boogie and AD and put them on a barnstorming team.

None of those teams are ever going to do anything, might as well help them tank and give us what we want to see.

I love this idea.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

What would Denver want for Nurkic? It would be nice to have a defense oriented center on Portland again.

Jake Layman and two 2017 firsts.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Grizz looked good tonight, shame they couldn't finish

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Papercut posted:

I can't believe Moe Harkless is getting DNP-CDs. I thought he was like the one bright spot on the team outside of Dame and CJ all season.

injured currently, so it makes sense that he's not playing.

Not sure when he's back, but they'll need him vs the dubs

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Tae posted:

Does Evan Turner starting over Moe Harkless actually help or something?

Harkless has been injured, iirc - so it's not as if Portland has a choice. It's either play Evan Turner, Noah Vonleh, or some other 2nd-rounder who would get roasted

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

pubic works project posted:

He's a bitch-made shook pussy. Don't let him fool you with his MMA training.

enough about the golden state warriors, what about the plumlees

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Has Festus even played this year?

Nope. He's been injured.

Portland is where big men go to die

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

ah poo poo, tons of my old jailblazer crew

I wondered what JR Rider was up to, and Bonzi.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Metapod posted:

Holy gently caress Orland is retarded

this is what happens when you have a team and gm with no direction.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Come on Vlade, do some trades.

Get Boogie some help, not more nut-shots.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Has there ever been a year that Wilson Chandler wasn't on the trading block

No, not that I can think of. He's one of those dudes who's good enough to ride your bench or be a fringe starter for a bad team, never the missing piece to a championship run

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Dexo posted:

So what you are telling me is if Lebron completes that Dunk, Hillary wins the election?

Nah, if he completed the dunk, Rajon Rondo would have never been signed and Wade would have stayed in Miami.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

leftist heap posted:

If you're Neil Olshey would you use one of your first rounders in some permutation to get rid of Evan Turner if you could?

Nah. Evan Turner has been great in the 2nd half of the season. The real problems Portland has is: lovely guard defense, and spotty outside shooters. (Turner, Aminu, Harkless)

You can't run a Stotts-fense aka Carlisle-ball with average at best 3 point shooters and no real inside presence.
I'm hoping Jusuf Nurkic is a better fit for the team because all teams have to do is pressure the guards and without an outlet to pass to, it leads to a lot of broken as gently caress plays. Turner with his playmaking skills actually allows for that to happen less.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Portland will sneak into the 8 seed against the Warriors and knock them out. Houston will get revenge in round 2 for 0.9 and then win the championship.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Metapod posted:

Actually the Kevin Durant injury has capped off the energy needed for the narrative machine to boost okc to the finals on full bullshit

OKC will make it to the western conference finals on the back of McBuckets, calling it now.

Bulls castoffs

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

@ShamsCharania
Free agent Terrence Jones has agreed to a deal with the Milwaukee Bucks for the rest of the season, league sources tell @TheVertical.

I'm glad Milwaukee's not giving up on the playoffs. T Jones has been putting up real numbers in new orleans and looking like an NBA player. Although his issues are obvious

I wish Portland would trade or sign this guy next season. Need some home grown dudes lighting it up.

And ya know, maybe he could help with our homeless problem. Walk the Springwater Corridor at night, should get people moving.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

chunkles posted:

no guys that's the new james harden beer

e: every bottle has a guaranteed 1ppm of real beard sweat

Rogue made a "brewmaster's beard yeast" beer once, I tried it, it was good. I still can't grow a loving beard worth a drat though.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

they should settle the All-Star Game on the catwalk

Metapod posted:

But unironically

Obviously, as a Russell Westbrook fan you would want this, as he would probably win it.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

I really don't see this happening. Players are not going to want to live in Mexico.

How is living in Mexico any different than say playing and living in a Turkish, Russian or Chinese league?

Hell, I'd think it's better.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

I want to see O'Neal and Bonzi together with Ruben Patterson and J.R. Rider on one team.

Jail Blazers, together again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Quizzlefish posted:

I need some help guys. I'm a Blazers fan and I have league pass. But watching Portland has been excruciating this season. Who should I get behind and watch this year?

I feel like I could have posted this. Nurkic has made it fun to watch lately though.

I was watching Sacramento because Cousins, but now it's like "why bother" so now I guess I'll be watching New Orleans or the lovely Bulls.

Or any team with a white dude who does nothing but shoot threes (Joe Ingles, Luke Babbitt, Doug McDermott, etc)

• Locked thread