Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

dokmo posted:

edit: I forget what I was replying to.

i would not expect the knicks or the rockets to have expectionally low dribble numbers cuz i feel like most of their offences were letting superstars work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

if 6ers paid jeremy lin or some1 to run their offence last year instead of literal sub-d-league players they wouldve been extremely bad but in an acceptable way but then theyd be like 10% less likely to have ben simmons instead of brandon ingram so it was a foregone conclusion

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the tank continues 🙃

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

its probably a really lovely study but itll have a really cool abstract thats for sure

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

"Metta, chill" bird voice

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

enes kanter would be a god in the chinese leagues

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

is there a salary cap for the d-league

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

having drake on commentary WAS incredibly annoying b/c it was putting an amateur commentator on national tv of a national basketball association game between two very skilled teams and he also couldnt even stay on basketball-related topics most of the time anyway regardless of your thoughts on whether his comments were sexist or not

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i think vooch is more likely to be moved than gordon

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

monta ellis for vucevic who says no

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the league is good and cool right now and making the cavs give up lil kev or the warriors give up klay doesnt actually make games more fun to watch

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Menstrual Show posted:

Kobe Bean Bryant

with smush parker

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Tae posted:

I don't know anything about this upcoming draft besides apparently Marshall Faulk is the #1 prospect? (he's 5'10?? Uhhhhhh)

If the Celtics get the #1 pick, who do they pick?

lol

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

xbilkis posted:

The jersey ad is ugly and pointless and nobody should accept its presence!

well: theres an obvious point given that it probably makes somebody (dickhead billionaires but maybe someday sportsball millionaires???) tonnes of dollaroos

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Carmelo discovering his actual basketball value must be a bit depressing.

https://twitter.com/TheVertical/status/824671371741560833

i wonder what i can get for melo in my fantasy league

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

DeAndre will be in the dunk contest. But unless he gets Brandon Knight to stand as a prop or he dunks through a pane of glass I'm not sure if he'll do that well.

prob better than whoever was the big in the last dunk contest (andre drummond? i didnt remember a single thing he did) or brooklyn plumlee (put his nuts on his brother's head!!!)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Tae posted:

Esports and the NBA are taking their relationship to the next level

nba2k is a real garbage esport and im sad that means it'll become an "esport game" instead of a goofy rear end game where lebron has to duel ai in 2014 and then the big 3 of lebron, dwight, and chris paul as new york knickerbockers go 73-9 and play the 96 bulls in a dream sequence

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

Louisville also happens to be right next to Cincinatti and would probably compete with Memphis' market in Missouri and southern Indiana. The issue always comes down to the purchasing group that can convince a commissioner and other owners that they'd totally bring more profits to the league and not just suck on a TV contract titty.

actually, according to paul george in the 2016 all-star game, walk the moon is "straight outta pacers nation" so thats that

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Hi I would like to turn your attention away from the trade for just a moment to let you know about the most Lance Stephenson thing that has ever happened

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/2/21/14693436/this-lance-stephenson-quote-is-actually-a-michael-jordan-quote

"nba where amazing happens" - got some chores tonight

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

I can't believe the Trailblazers go crustless. hosed up.

It doesn't really help him that he's not that much better than Steph, whereas Harden+Leonard+Westbrook are clearly much better than all of their teammates

hes a lot better than steph, who sucks

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

OK SAS hivemind, you have to leave your dying wife's bedside, but in exchange you get to troll SAS. What do you do?

is there someone i can leave at the hospital to prevent my children from seeing their mother??

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i would like to see kerr coach a team w/o multiple top 10 nba players before we call him a good coach just like how everyone was really skeptical of spo before he proved he could win games with dion waiters and rodney mcgruders

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Tae posted:

Who was top 10 other than curry before this year

draymond and klay were all-nba players which is basically practically top 10 when you remove the centers (and dont add in a james harden)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

Also, most importantly, every playoff game brings us closer to The Dunk King: Season 2

Everyone pick your horse now, but my boy Thaine has got this

jordan kilganon will be robbed again

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

classic playoff lowry

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

but who would win a shaq - demetrious johnson mma fight

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Athanatos posted:

The NBA has a game 7 tonight and all anyone can talk about is the cheap shot taking Warriors.

Shame Warriors. Shame.

go the wiz

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Who was this team's best player?

Edit: King Zing chat, lol if Zingis is gone but Melo is still on the Knicks next season.

bogdan bogdanovic

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

but whos better: lebron james or kareem abdul jabbar

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

we should compromise and have both parity and superteams

imagine if we had four superteams in the league

Celtics
I. Thomas
J. Butler
G. Hayward
A. Horford
H. Whiteside

Cavaliers
C. Paul
K. Irving
L. James
K. Love
R. Gobert

Lakers
R. Westbrook
G. Antetokoumpo
P. George
A. Davis
D. Jordan

Warriors
S. Curry
K. Thompson
K. Durant
N. Jokic
D. Green

then we'd have 12-21 great playoff games and if we can incentivize the regular season, another 16 appointment games

itd be like the allstar game but no excuse for bad defence and less 40 footers

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

sorry the league has to fix it so only big markets like cleveland get superteams

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

aBagorn posted:

Injury concerns aside, there's a notable lack of Embiid here.

he belongs in philadelphia leading the ultimate superteam in 2020 before retiring to take a position in the white house of president dwayne johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/869357724831813633

• Locked thread