Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/joevardon/status/791020370639851521

What are the Cavs planning??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

euphronius posted:

How old is the undertaker

I remember him from when I was a kid.

51, he doesn't really wrestle anymore. Will do a match a year at Wrestlemania and even then it's kind of smoke and mirrors.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/791320106534072321

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/791322007086460928

Cartoons, mate

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/796805698558590976

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Spoeank posted:

KD to the Raiders fandom confirmed

its like KD has stock in memes about him

I don't blame him

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

#7 for Iowa Energy, according to the internet, is Wayne Seldon, Kansas dude.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Local TV deals affect the cap since it counts toward the revenue pie, but I don't believe it is shared at all between the teams.

Also, as I remember it, the league basically assigned an executive to the Sixers because their Process autists were so bad at dealing with other teams. That may have been a veiled excuse though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Oh good, maybe the Pacers and Pistons can have a giant brawl on that night.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/memgrizz/status/806356510523523072

Marc and Z-Bo :3:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The Pacers are 10-11 with PG missing time and playing GS twice/ LAC twice, they aren't going anywhere with the roster constructed as it is, but they aren't trainwrecks. I still think they are 45-50 wins depending on how healthy CJ Miles can be.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Athanatos posted:

I love the god drat NBA

Imagine the suspensions and fines Goodell would want to do for that.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/AminESPN/status/807445326227337216

He's been tweeting some cool art but no links, not sure if he is at some NBA art gallery or something, but I wish that Larry Bird one was a shirt.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Who knew that Joe Johnson was the 2nd most clutch player in the league??

https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/775343220159111169

It's not updated for this season, it was made to demonstrate how improved PG is because this year he is 57% or something.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 11, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/809466140934033408

Thank you NBA for bailing out Larry Bird as he signs all the inefficient scoring guards.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

:(

https://twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/817933966560792576

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The NBA is fun sometimes. Paul George made a comment about the team needing to have fun again and put less pressure on themselves, which garnered the predictable stupid comments from local media about his leadership and desire.

Since then, the Pacers have won 5 straight and look the best they have all season.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It wasn't the addition of Durant, it was Kevin Hart that sent him on this downward spiral of kicking and getting suspended and shooting worse.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Does Lou Williams play defense at all? Pacers are shopping their 1st round pick for help, which is a good idea since PG will be deciding to leave or stay next season, and they are saying best case scenario is Williams. He's shooting 3's well and we desperately need that, but I doubt he suddenly learned how to do it and this is an outlier. We need wing defense or 3pt shooting or both, and Bird will probably bring in another guard that can't defend or shoot.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah I think he would prefer to stay in Indy, but he's frustrated. He's the only perimeter defender on the entire team and really the only reliable 3pt shooter since Miles is so streaky.

Trading the 1st rounder for help is a good idea, since they need to be better next year to convince him to stay. A solid wing defender or good 3pt shooter would do wonders for the team, and there won't be much salary flexibility after this season if they re-sign Teague.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/833556203179483137

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

pubic works project posted:

Lmao why do all my Pacer fan Facebook friends want Mark Jackson for a coach???? Idiots.

We are surrounded by idiots and now that we lost a few games in a row (against good teams) the sky is falling and we should trade PG because how good of a leader can he be?? Also one time he maybe didn't gush completely about Indiana SO HE IS DEFINITELY LEAVING.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Good lord no, Okafor is not what this team needs, it's just trading to make a trade. Pacers need perimeter defense or 3pt shooting.

And Big Al is fine in his role coming off the bench.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

If Okafor is cheap, i'm okay with it. I'd rather have a wing like Wes Matthews or Courtney Lee.

Hell, they should pick up Matt Barnes for that take no poo poo mentality.

But yeah, I love Big Al, but he has sucked the last 6 or 7 games.

Well the Pacers only have 1 trade chip, the 1st round pick, otherwise there isn't a single person on the roster outside of PG and Turner that someone else would actually want. So this trade would be it, no other help coming and free agency probably being empty outside of re-signing Teague. If Okafor comes in, then you are either sending Thad to the bench or playing him at the 3 with PG at the 2. I'm not sure Thad could guard out there.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

To be fair, this year is a huge outlier for Williams and he could go back to shooting like he did his first 10 years at any time. Worth it for the Rockets though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

:smith: If we trade PG with 1 1/2 years left on his contract because Bird is unable to build around him (with 1 piece already in place), that's going to be pretty much it for me and the Pacers with this owner/regime.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

And apparently they're gauging the trade market on him now. Motherfuck. I hate Larry Bird so much. If PG goes, I'm done with this loving dumbass team. I'll need a new team to follow. Suggestions?

poo poo, man, Boston will have dreamy Brad AND PG...we might as well become Celtics fans and pretend it isn't Boston.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

PG is the guy who has to take a contested shot after Monta, Stuckey, and Teague pass the ball away from their open 3.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I know it isn't the determining factor in how good a player is, but at a glance it's useful for seeing how good a player is. PG hasn't risen above 20 (even when they were good) which is a little worrisome. Usually when a team is bad and a player is doing more you get insane Minny Kevin Love values out of it. I wonder if it's more of a pace thing.

I mean, the dude almost beat the Raptors by himself in the playoffs last year. He will blanket the opponents best player in a playoff series. He has cleaned up a lot of the sloppiness over the years. He's not perfect, but he's real drat good and his shot is better than ever, especially at the end of games. He's also a good dude, so if you get him then you better appreciate him :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Thank you RJeff, for cheering me up on this day.

https://twitter.com/iheartbballpod/status/834526526670467072

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 22, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Jota posted:

LeBatard is my favorite person at ESPN. He gives sports the level of seriousness and importantance they deserve and his shows are funny. Plus he makes a lot of dumb people really angry.

Yeah it's a good show. And all this is especially ridiculous considering he spent weeks saying the same legit things about the 49er Lynch hiring. I hope Stugotz actually asks the MLB commish tomorrow if they should put a pond in the outfield.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

Why would Shaq want to box with CM Punk

Indeed, when he could easily beat him on the mat.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

God dammit just after I bought my Pacers/Sixers tickets!!!!

Hey you'll still get to see Rodney Stuckey!

Also Ty Lawson asked instagram for a bomb Taco Tuesday spot in Sacramento and now is out for tonights game.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 2, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

What is the timeline for Embiid's injury, did the front office know how bad it was while trading away Noel?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Lmao I just read that George Hill thinks he's a max player and should get $132 mil over 4 years. Yeah right.

Let's wait to laugh until we hear what Teague wants :ohdear:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I imagine ABC is really thrilled that two weeks in a row their Saturday night game had the stars resting.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Stuckey waived by the Pacers :toot: He's real bad now and now he can't pick up his 7mil player option next year.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Paul Zuvella posted:

Uh...is that how that works?

Apparently that's how it works for his contract, Lowe talked about it a week ago that waiving him before the end of the season would prevent him from picking it up.

IcePhoenix posted:

Pacers fans are super salty because Jeff Teague fouled Ricky Rubio shooting a 3 (why even get close enough?) when down 2 with 3.4 seconds left. Rubio made all three to give the Wolves a 1 point win (because the Pacers coach can't draw up a good inbound play and Montae Ellis had to take an awful shot at the buzzer that missed but he might not have even gotten it off in time in the first place).

I wasn't actually watching but this is what I got from looking around on the internet.

Well there were two calls in the final minute that gave the TWolves free throws, the first was debateable, but the 2nd was Rubio just running into his own man and flailing up a shot. Getting an apology from the NBA about a game losing play has gotten a bit tiresome for Pacer fans, especially with a really tough schedule upcoming and the potential of dropping out of the playoffs.

There are gif's of it here. Personally I am fine with not making the playoffs since the draft pick is one of the few chances we have left to convince PG to stay, and watching PG try to drag the team to a playoff series win like last year is just frustrating.

E: BUT FORGET ALL THAT, gently caress YES!

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/847121253148364801

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 29, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Tae posted:

Why was Monta Ellis in crunchtime

There are only 2 guys on the entire roster that can reliably shoot from 3. Turner may get there but he's not quite there yet, so if PG and Miles are covered, you have nobody to shoot that shot. Honestly PG should have just fired it up while double teamed, had better odds.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The 3rd year isn't guaranteed. But anyway, that's Lavoy Allen money so who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Libertine posted:

They shouldn't, but they probably will. There's only 8 games left in the season and they probably only need to win two of those games to lock up a spot. Jesus the lower rungs of the East standings are depressing.

Depends on the Bulls. The Pacers are about to lose 5 straight with Memphis, 2 against Toronto, Cleveland, and the Bucks.

• Locked thread