Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

jerkstoresup posted:

Not sure if it was a scheduled day off or not, none of their twitters say anything but Ron's wet sniffles and hacking was awful.

Gail had a nice costume:

https://twitter.com/GailAaann/status/793127093550850048

Weirdly, still would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Jim and Sam had a pretty good take this morning I think. I would kind of like to see Anthony going bonkers with glee last night but I don't want to put in any effort or money

They really did, it was by O&A standards somewhat politically insightful even. I went in completely butthurt over the election and they had me laughing right away.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Jim & Sam is becoming more and more dull to me as they continue to hammer the same two talking points every single day. Politics (South Park level of discussion), or Jim tugging his pud talking to/about women. It's loving boring.

I like the part where Jim totally understands the language of humiliation and disrespect in his personal and professional life, and spends hours every day on the radio and on stage sharing his views with the audience he's amassed. But he's only sharing his opinion and is not a role model and not preaching to anybody.

But the second a celebrity who's a "liberal" highlights humiliation and disrespect, or uses their media visibility to speak about their political views, they are are dishonest and disingenuous and think that they are role model for everybody and should shut up already.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I don't want this to be true but I think it may be. If not now, someday soon..

Give him a couple years with children.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

It's goddamn art.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Kevyn posted:

post good o&a bits

One of my favorites, and also topical to FM shows on NY terrestrial radio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5-3XLJznXs

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

CrashCat posted:

I dunno, they could probably take him on and get rid of some dead weight

In exchange for some live weight.

tss

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

JFC posted:

Sometimes the O&A subreddit comes through. Has been confirmed: Lady Di has died

touching.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Actually it was drugs. You can't get arrested for the things you said.

Oh literal Paul

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

What the gently caress was up with that half hour long Pro Israel right wing segment on Sam and Jim today?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Did Fez die or something? The Benningtons have been in best ofs for like 2 weeks.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

So does Opie actually still have a show?

How the gently caress does that happen lol

I'm genuinely curious. I'd think SiriusXM can actually get decent analytics now that there are probably at least as many people on smartphone apps as satellite radios. I'd kill to see those.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Kevyn posted:

Technically wasn't Ant the one who blew that whole case wide open by showing the dick pic to PalTalk when Brietbart was in studio?

Considering the margins you could argue that that declining shock jock radio show was directly responsible for Trumps presidency, in a butterfly flapping it's wings makes a hurricane sort of way

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The only real fame the show seems to have is being mentioned in passing but never directly, the uncool kid that does something really cool once but is quietly shoved out of the way while the cool thing persists and they're stuck saying 'but I did it, I created it, don't I get to be cool as well?'

Ah so it's like Something Awful's contributions to internet culture and memes :)

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Is this the entirety of their exchange? I went on the O&A Reddit and they seem to imply that there was a Anthony vs Chelsea twitter fight going on, and then I realized I have no idea how to follow conversations on either Reddit or Twitter :smith:

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

This even made for a rare instance of funny YouTube comments:

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

I never minded Nick DiPaulo as a guest and I'm a flaming leftist. But I tried his new show this weekend when everything was in best of and it was just literal regular right wing political talk show.

At least Anthony had years of making me laugh hysterically before Obama broke him and he started spending 1/3 of each show ranting.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

Haha, thank you for posting that. Some douchebag alt-right Nazi is saying that Ant got fired for a homophobic joke. Bandwagon harassment is way worse and makes sense given Twitter's administratorship only cares about banning communists who make fun of short Nazis otherwise.

https://twitter.com/BasedMonitored/status/884960486713937920

That old gag!

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Gonz posted:

Bobo saying he didn't want to be reduced to Ron & Fez was absolutely savage and everybody rightly cracked up over it as soon as it happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22NTH9SeFnQ

An amazing clip for so many reasons. Sam is such a ghoul too.

and 2:54 :discourse:

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Is there some other station on Sirius that plays punk rock?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Chester Bennington is the Benningtonnist name possible, Ron probably likes them for that reason alone

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Ant also teased an announcement of having signed a cohost for his show. I'm sure it's not Opie but I bet he got a lot of people's hopes up.

As much as I find Anthony to be a poo poo I kind of enjoyed him being back on there today.

I'm not sure if them re-uniting off platform would even work if they put their differences behind them unless they had Jimmy / the cadre of comedians he came up with, many of whom are too famous for even the official SiriumXM show at this point.

I mean I'd probably listen if it happened just for nostalgia and to see how it went, but I suspect it would fall apart in short order. Also I'm not giving money to a Nazi directly -- it was one thing when he was just a crank employed by this conglomerate with diverse viewpoints but lol otherwise.

Pakistani Brad Pitt fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 21, 2017

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

Ellis moves back to afternoons

New Schedule

8-11 EST Jim and Sam
11-2 EST Covino and Rich
2-3 EST Best of Ellis
3-6 EST Ellis
6-8 EST Craig Ferguson
8-10 EST Nick DiPaulo
10 EST Ellis Replay

lol Jude will never get a show, Ellis will never be happy, and Nick DiPaulo will have an audience of 6

Is Dr. Steve still on on weekends?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

So how much money does everyone think Chris Stanley got from this settlement? I'm thinking 200K pre-lawyer

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

That's a fake twitter right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

80s James Hetfield posted:

I mean, it's a stupid rear end tweet by a stupid near 60 year old radio host......but he's not wrong

This is definitely not true on a per-capita basis.

• Locked thread