Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

It's possible that Donald Trump is the only person that actually exists, and we're all living in the reality generated by his dying senile brain.

I sent a friend a text back in January that I was beginning to believe we were in a Vanilla Sky situation where we're all parts of a simulation created by a far future scientifically-preserved Trump to see what it would have been like if he had decided to run for president afterall.

On election night, he texted me that it was the most plausible explanation for recent history he's heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Hillfolk that said no big deal to brinksmanship with Russia over nothing worth fighting over are now Terrified And Furious over a phone call to an ally because it makes China mad

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
oh no china's feelings are hurt!!! much like they are to everything ever

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

shiksa posted:

Can you be allies with a country you officially don't believe in lol

Yes, as proven by our military support to moderate Syrian rebels the US has a close relationship with many fictional beings

SickZip fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Dec 3, 2016

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

saying something is bad = terrified and furious

It's not bad. Taiwan is an independent democratic state, saying as much is stating fact. China is a self righteous bully that shouldn't be catered to and their hurt feelings mean nothing

How many of you were crying over the Dalai Lama visiting the White House under Obama?

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

trump wasn't standing up to china though, this was pure ignorance that trump refuses to fix

Trump met Bolton earlier today before the call and Bolton is on record as advocating using Taiwan recognition as a tool against China.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://mobile.twitter.com/joshgreenman/status/804828278766915585

Quote from guy Trump was debating making SoS and who he also met with today, but I'm sure this was all an accident

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ego singularity to consume Manhattan

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

https://twitter.com/ObamaMalik/status/809789160382808064

sorry about the obama spam but i just love obama, I can't get enough.

We elected the wrong one

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Feminasty Slut posted:

This guy owns. I'd vote for him.

"There is no doubt that Mexican men and women, full of dignity, drive and a capacity for work, are doing the jobs that not even blacks want to do there, in the United States"

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You guys are being played hard

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Agrajag posted:

lol why is everything happening this week?

It's a coordinated campaign

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

brugroffil posted:

Yes, and they've perverted the phrase from meaning "literally made-up news to get clicks from idiots" to mean anything that might not be 100% sources or verified yet, or really anything that they don't like or agree with. So instead of any actual examination of millions of people getting pumped fake news stories made up by Macedonian teenagers via facebook and google "curation," they'll just keep screaming and living in a bubble.

It's not a perversion so much as a logical extension. People are idiots but they're capable of noticing that news organizations are largely dishonest turds. A Macedonian teenager might be just flat-out lying instead engaging in half-truths, shilling, misrepresentation, or any of the other techniques used to maintain a pretense of honesty, but the net effect is the same.

The Washington Post crying about fake news after having a long and storied history producing garbage propagandap, and then crying about being called fake news in return, is downright hilarious

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lol he's used to being the head PR man and spin doctor while competent underlings do the real work according to his vague dictates. Gonna get a rude lesson that Congress isn't his underling and the Republican party ain't competent

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its pretty unsettling that Trump's pathological need to be loved is probably the only thing standing between America and complete ruin. If he starts rubber-stamping the kind of stuff Paul Ryan is going to put on his desk, God Help Us.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WarMECH posted:

i.. i agree with bill kristol?

Tremble in fear at what you've become

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

That part I can understand. The part that disturbs me, and makes it hard for me to forgive anyone who voted for him, is that they didn't care about all of the truly execrable poo poo he did and said during the campaign. The fact that him making fun of a disabled reporter, his sexism, his racism, etc, didn't disqualify him in their eyes, says a lot about their moral compass.

Also Clinton did much better with working class voters, so~

We live in a time of universal surveillance, secret government torture programs, killer robots, and endless war, we've gone so far beyond the moral event horizon that appeals to decency feel rotten and hollow

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

smug n stuff posted:

icymi this girl is dead, because of Donald J Trump

americans care about dead children to the extent that we covet the power to create them and wish to claim it for our tribe

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad were pretending to care about America's infinite war again because maybe someday well fake it until we make it and ascend to the level of basic decency but lol at the hollow pretense of it all. waving around pictures of dead innocents and soldiers like you've been in a coma for decades

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quadrophrenic posted:

all of this "actually the US kills lots of children :smuggo:" is doing nothing to diminish my outrage

I don't expect self awareness, I post out of despair.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fart blood posted:

So, assuming this is all true: do you think all those flyover state voters feel kinda dumb?

If they do, they're even dumber then they feel. You should feel dumb when you make a mistake that let's your enemies win, if they loose then what you did wasn't a mistake.

Russia has an absolutely minor effect on the life of the average flyover voter. The only dramatic possible effect it could have on their life would come from hostility not accommodation. Russia might be an enemy of the American Imperial State but flyover voters shouldn't give a poo poo what it wants since they're also it's enemies. An alliance of convenience is perfectly logical and desirable

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

also why is everyone suddenly turbo-doomsaying now that actual consequences are happening?

like the world wasn't ending when trump was doing whatever he wanted but now that he's starting to be actively opposed the world is doomed???

The world's ending because we're basically in the midst of an attempted coup. The American apparatus of state cares enough about kicking Trump out that they're laying their cards on the table and showing how much of a democracy we are. Trump by himself was much more recoverable than this, what's going on is similar to how what truly killed the Roman Republic was not the power seizure by Caesar but his murder

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Schnorkles posted:

What strikes me as interesting is the tempo of all of this.

It has been a very systematic and deliberate annihilation and with a slowly escalating crescendo. We went from weeks to days, and now we're in a 12 hour leak cycle where each one gets worse and isn't just "this is damaging" but someone ends up blown up.

I have literally 0 tinfoil in my body, but the way this is timed and playing out feels planned out to a certain level.

Read about how the color revolutions played out and realize the people who engineered them are the ones trying to push Trump out.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

lol no he wasn't, nobody was going to stop trump

To wit, So?

Trump is nothing special and not neo Hitler or orange Mussolini or tiny hands Putin. Hes a boorish wannabe Plutocrat and if he were the worst case scenario then it would matter slightly and then he would be voted out because figures like that are extremely limited in a healthy system. Our system had been growing progressively sicker, hence his rise, but blowing up the system of illusion that underlies the legitimacy of our government is the poorest possible response to a limited threat

Win or loose. We're heading on a path to a full on governmental crisis but not one that's being initiated by Trump. He's just the trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Prettz posted:

Trump himself is most definitely a mussolini or hitler clone. He's not a regular plutocrat at all. Just because he's surrounded by incompetents cannot change what he is.

You're supposed to say that to maintain unity, keep your emotional edge, and trick dumber people into joining your side. You're not supposed to actually believe it

• Locked thread