Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Potato Salad posted:

*leans in to microphone* WRONG.

No seriously, you're wrong.

When the law allows us to take photographic evidence of our ballots, it suddenly becomes possible for shitler small/middle business owners to "Hey everyone, send me pics of your Trump vote." Even where it is presently illegal, that's already a problem.

Secret ballot is secret at all loving costs no matter the gently caress what, even if you want to share. This ensure equal protection for us all and makes sure those in lovely situations, those who have lovely employers, and those with lovely marriage partners have free expression of franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

AlbieQuirky posted:

It's actually people with cognitive disabilities who want people to stop saying "retarded". Which, gently caress, I don't want to hurt their feelings, guess that makes me a monster of political correctness.

This forum has a love affair with that word and people act like babies when you call them out on how lovely that word is. I've watched one of my friends try to stay calm when people use that word because his brother has down syndrome. Not that you have to have a person with cognitive disabilities in your family or as a friend of a friend to know using the word is uncool.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

don't be a cretin

I'm not going to push the subject after this because this is a day of celebration but I've seen you make this argument twice now where you oh-so-cleverly use other terms that have a history of abelism, like cretin, dumb, moron, etc. as some sort of counterargument but it's intellectually dishonest because those words have been separated from that context for a long while but retard has not. I never saw anybody calling special ed kids "cretin" at the playground as a kid and you know that it's a bullshit argument.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

When people get mad about the word 'retarded' in a thread about a presidential election it's pretty funny. i find oldies like 'dweeb' and 'weiner' to be more apt than retarded these days, but its always a good one to keep in the pocket. more options for expression are always cool and good.

There are all sorts of "options for expression" that we don't use in a thread about a presidential election. Mere pages ago, people were talking about the 'n-word' tape instead of using another "option for expression." Racism and ableism aren't cool, friendo. Especially when discussing politics, even in a FYAD-lite or whatevs.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

unironic use of "abelism" spotted

Anyway, back to the election. I sure hope that Trump loses despite how hilarious it was when he made fun of Serge Kovaleski!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

RACHET posted:

Voting machines across Detroit aren't working (ie they aren't switching votes, they aren't working alltogether)

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/elections-2016/216159836-story

The Soros machines are jamming, and crashing

Other reports say that voters are being turned away

https://twitter.com/elmirana/status/796030245791006720

It is also raining in Detroit. Michigan is ours

It's overcast but not raining. Whoever that is is the second republican I've seen post about Detroit's weather and I am perplexed at how they think it is going to keep people from voting. We drive through pockmarked streets with no streetlights in the snow. Rain ain't poo poo.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Speaking of:

Bone told The Hollywood Reporter on Tuesday, he did cast a ballot.

"I did vote, but I am not telling anyone for who," Bone told THR. "I put a lot of thought into it, and I feel good."

Bone had endless interview requests after the debate; he even was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! But through it all, he said the most important part was for people to make up their own minds and vote.

"I made the best decision I could given the circumstances," he told THR on Tuesday.

(That sounds like #boneiswithher to me.)

Fidel Castronaut fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 8, 2016

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I don't really drink anymore but I'm going to have a bottle of Cleveland's own Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold when Ohio goes to Hillary.

e: Ed's Burning Cuyahoga Balls

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Baloogan posted:

You literature PhD loving drink or else Ed Balls will eat you tonight

I will drink one when Ohio is called, one when the election is called, and one if she gets Texas. Deal? And I'll print your av out and tape it to all three bottles.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

In the year of our lord, a judge in an election case, cited internet trolls on twitter. And she had a good point.

I love this god damned election.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

RocktheCaulk posted:

Sir, this is a drive up laundromat do you have any clothes or can you please let the line proceed

That is a service I would love to have available and a job I would have a lot of pity for.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

lmao if ur not at your office bcuz the internet is super good and lmao if you don't have twitter tears streaming on one screen, SA on another screen, and CNN on a third screen and lmao if u have no pzza and lmao if you don't have pokemon figures.

e: ed hologram balls

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Hand Row posted:

Your keyboard is wider than your monitor.

Yeah, the monitor is dinky but most GTAs don't even get their own computers!

lol Lindsey Graham voted for McMuffin

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

How are people watching Twitter tears in real-time? I've used Tweetdeck but the columns are super narrow and I really just want it to be fullscreen.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Monohydrate posted:

Someone here made a great Twitter listpost but I forgot to save it :(

I got lists but I don't want to manually refresh just have them running on a screen. Tweetdeck does this but it forces narrow columns for no good reason.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

George H.W. oval office posted:

i need her to win so i win $$$$

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Nite Crew never gets to pick on Day Crew again after this shameful display. yall hosed it

perhaps things do in fact matter.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

fart blood posted:

It's pretty nuts that it's this close to be honest.

Yeah, I'm not panicked about her chances to win but this country is ripped apart and we need to get our poo poo together on the left if we can't beat Donald loving Trump by double-digits.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Not a Step posted:

Calm your poo poo, Hillary is going to win. The Republicans decided to run a reality TV clown instead of anyone even remotely reasonable, which is good because even a half decent Republican candidate would have walked over Hillary. Can you imagine if Trump actually had *any* GOTV effort?

Hillary will win solely because Trump is incredibly terrible.

That's the issue: he is so incredibly bad and is going to win Florida. That's really hosed up.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

maybe the dems shouldnt have run a candidate who is the second-most-hated one ever

That would have been a good idea. A really good idea.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

It's almost like FL has been incredibly bad for at least 16 years

It has been bad enough to let a dem win narrowly against an established republican who knows how to run a campaign. Now, a guy who is not established and has no understanding of how to run a campaign is going to win. That's a deep backslide.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Bunleigh posted:

I don't know how people can be unshook right now

This is motherfucking terrifying

It's a combination of macho "I ain't scared of anything" poo poo and "I am smarter than you and know this is a nothingburger" poo poo, which are comingled.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Zas posted:

is it really just florida thats freaking everyone out? or is there more to it

Florida is a big part of it. I really thought the polls were underestimating her and I'm pretty sure all the cocky people mocking folks thought the same. It's closer than it should be and while I still think she will win tonight, it worries me about midterms, 2020 and how likely it will be that she will be able to get anything done in the next four years.'

People don't like her. That's just super clear right now.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

You're figuring this out NOW????

I'm making some intentionally ironic understating. People downplayed her poor favorability and we're paying for it right now.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

belt posted:

Bernie would've won.

Hillary is probably going to win but I really loving doubt he would have done worse.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

This has next to nothing to do with candidates and everything to do with white america being terrified of minorities

You're being delusional. Obama would have won a third term with ease and he is a loving minority. This is about a psychotic fascist surge in our country and a candidate with high unfavorability running against that surge.

She's going to pull out the win, God loving willing, but you all need to get your heads out of your asses and realize that we can't use the same old playbook anymore.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

You are acting as if she did not win the dem primary by many, many votes

"You all need to get your head out of your asses" is directed at democrats. You can't win a general based purely on winning primaries. You know this.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

Okay so whats the solution? Dems need to nominate fascist lite?

Was that really what you thought was the alternative? The solution is to realize where pragmatic is. You talked all election long about how Bernie was way too leftist and that Clinton's policies are pragmatic and that her position is where the Americans feel comfortable but I think you all are doing what democrats always do and buying into the rhetoric on the right about leftists. America is actually a lot more comfortable with leftist policy than you guys give us credit for. So, you run moderates and you get a tepid response and then can't figure out why that is.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

Michigan is really not looking good. Cohn's forecast is a little too certain, but the numbers just arent there in Detroit.

I tried. This is making my anxiety worse. I should have done more.

Fidel Castronaut fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 9, 2016

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Hey, if Detroit goes HRC, you all owe me big time. All smug "Stop Arzying" posters should have to beg me and adulate me so that I might forgive them and keep them from being banned.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Trump needs both MI and WI, and I'm still sure Detroit comes through. WI's hosed tho

For this entire election I have said that we blame this all on racist white voters but democrats take minorities for granted and I can tell you all that, in this 80% black city, folks are not impressed with Hillary. They don't feel like anybody cares about them, and they are right to feel that way.

I hope to loving God that enough of us here voted for her (I did) but democrats need to get their poo poo together and stop thinking black folks will be there to save them.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I don't know how I go and teach on Thursday. What the gently caress do I say to my students? What the gently caress is the point when their federal aide is probably going to be defunded before they finish their degree?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Bast Relief posted:

Friend, I feel you. I teach in a school where I have had students ask me if Trump wins, what will happen to them.

oneforthevine posted:

I have three straight hours of student conferences tomorrow. May or may not break down in front of a student or two in public.

This is the best job on earth but it's one of the worst jobs on earth this week.

And this is Detroit. White kids are the minority of my students. Most are black or Muslim because Dearborn is the largest Muslim population in the country. I have students from Oman and Saudi Arabia who have to worry about being kicked out of the country. The American ones are going to be on watchlists worse than the ones they already are on because they fly to Qatar for a vacation and get questioned when they get back. My black students aren't going to have it much better.

I could have knocked on some doors or made some calls. I loving failed them.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Yinlock posted:

no by bros i meant the idiots smug-posting here, because when america elects a pedophile it's far more important that the world know that Hillary Bad

i am your brother in greif

The Hillary folks spent months mocking people who liked Bernie and now we are brothers?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Yinlock posted:

actually we mocked people who whined loving incessantly about how Hillary Bad despite having no evidence

as i am continuing to do

You have an incredible standard for evidence, my friend if we are still are in a world where there is no evidence of Hillary Bad.

I seriously believe, foolish as it might be, that maybe the majority of Americans aren't good but that there is enough good out there that Trump could have been defeated. He was not an inevitable force. So, if enough people exist but they simply weren't motivated to show up by our candidate, we can argue if they are dumb or not but the fact remains that we didn't do enough to convince them. And that started by nominating somebody that they do not like.

Why do they dislike her? For some lovely reasons and some legit reasons. But if Hillary is as pragmatic as she and her fans say she is, then we should embrace pragmatism and realize that she was not the right choice because the lovely reasons that people don't like her were not going to be overcome.

We knew there were enough people out there to beat back fascism. We knew she was not well-liked. We ran her anyway.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I know the answer but she has no path to 270 right now, does she?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

The one olive branch I will throw to the Hillfolks is that I hope the Bernie guys who are planning to be faithless electors rethink that. Combined with some faithless electors on the Trump side, maybe we can stop World War/Civil War/Greatest Depression 2k17.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I spent this year climaxing at the thought of the GOP completely collapsing and now it looks like the dems will collapse.

So, um, a Progressive Party, folks? It will be cool. No more Lena Dunham type poo poo; we actually act like we're on the left side of the political spectrum. Who's with me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

euphronius posted:

Good bye planned parenthood, federal financial aid, anything resembling progress towards rights for trans* folks, black lives mattering, deescalation of the militarization of our police, public schools, sensible gun control, or anything good

• Locked thread