Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

negromancer posted:

You had a white police officer shoot a 4 year old white kid at a traffic stop and kill him, and the only group that gave a poo poo was BLM.

So...who knows?

at this point I genuinely believe 80-90% of cops sign up because it's the most readily-available legal way to wave guns at people and commit violence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Sharkie posted:

What happens is, at least as far as the racist public is concerned, is it gets turned into a tool to shout down BLM. It gets turned into "See, white people aren't rioting over this," "The media won't cover this story!" etc. The logic of it doesn't matter.

edit: source: Facebook.

I recall that, after Trayvon Martin's murder, some white people on social media started passing around a story where a black man - Roderick Scott - had shot and killed a white teen in self-defense. The general tone being "See, nobody's rioting about this! Why can't you be rational like us whites?"

the fact that the white teen was with two accomplices and had been provably interrupted in the middle of vandalism/theft escaped people

as did the fact that, unlike george zimmerman, scott was arrested and brought to trial, and had to work to clear himself.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Mykkel posted:

Yeah the Flash/Legends writers have had Dr. Stein say some pretty horrible poo poo. I can't tell if they are doing it on purpose to highlight that the old white doctor has unconscious racist and sexist bias, or if it's bad writing.

iirc some of the other Team Flash characters deployed some coded racism about Jackson in that episode, so it almost certainly wasn't just a deliberate character-trait of Stein's.

Wish they'd play with Jackson being a mechanic sometimes rather than always with him being a hotdog athlete.
Maybe they touch on that in later episodes? Didn't finish that season.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

*jubilee's mom voice* honey, have you tried...not being a racist

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Who What Now posted:

It was Iceman's parents. Jubilee was never in the movies because Jubilee sucks.

Jubilee got that line in the cartoon I thought

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Lowtax posted:

It's absolutely unfair to give one group of people with a certain skin color the power to force others of a different skin color to leave a thread. That is absolutely racism.

*peers at the past six months of d&d subforum* are you uh, sure you want to get into litigating that that big chief

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Lowtax posted:

Wait, now I'm being racist because I created an entire subforum dedicated to race discussion, one that people said they wanted?

If you want this to be a serious forum for race discussion (rather than, less charitably, a means of getting PoC posters out of d&d proper because some admins and mods find them troublesome and don't want to go through the trouble of culling racists from the ostensibly comedic remainder of the forum), why not allow the people who are interested in race discussion to moderate it the way they know, based on experience, it needs to be moderated?

You profess to be mostly uninterested in the forums' political drama, and want your forum to be chill and on-brand. Having already created a distinct subspace for segregating this kind of discussion, why not leave it to the people who are interested in it, and who have more stake in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

esto es malo posted:

there is nothing ironic about white genocide

like I've said before I'm onboard with being killed during purge phase II provided I can kill some suits during purge phase I

• Locked thread