Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
san pellegrino owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
fake media owned by giant fort

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
it's called confidence and it's step 2 in the GORILLA MINDSET

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Giant fort will win

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm voting for Zoinkerburg

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

mormonpartyboat posted:

watch this five minute ad to fill your prescription

please say "Chevy has won over 10 JD Power awards" for your pills

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I voted for body slams

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
only if gianforte attacked journalists earlier he would be winning even more bigly

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
keyboard correctly bigly to bigot, nice

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Stexils posted:

looks like quist probably lost

r i p

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
montana loves assault and hates reporters, checks out

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
"twitter" is a sin

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Klaus wants his germanybux

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

loquacius posted:

I don't think any other failed Democratic candidate has maintained this much of a stranglehold on pop-culture for this long after the election before

like, everybody had forgotten about Kerry by Nov 10th, and Gore was a non-entity until he became the face of the climate movement several years later

lol if you weren't a deanbro

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

loquacius posted:

I was a libertarian in 2004, but thank god I couldn't put it in practice because I was 17

2004 was the age of Ron Paul online wasn't it? god that was awful

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
huh. there was definitely some ron paul stuff around 2004 though, at the very least 2004-2008 although that's a given

i faintly remember some posters on some old forums i used to frequent had the ron paul signatures and shared stupid videos and everything. i found it incredibly annoying and hilarious

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

deadgoon posted:

do people still google ron paul

is that still a thing

i Google Ron Paul daily

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
what

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
hello i am the owner of ProgressiveFuture.com and this is my op-ed declaring my endorsement of JEB!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
NINENINENINE

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
From what I've heard, Exmarx was no Hillary fan so his move was not some attempt at preserving posters. I had personally "presented" two options, one was to permaban/ban as usual and the other was to forgive the permas into normal bans like how we did with the Trump toxxes. I thought that the list of toxxers was simply too large and I thought that it would be more managable if the list was culled in some way. ExMarx said he would deal with it, and that was the end of that.

I have no comments on what he did other than he did what he thought was best and I wished that he had consulted us about it beforehand. My personal take is that while you can argue about the integrity of the toxx or whatever, the main reasoning behind it came from SSers / offsite morons who just wanted to throw a molotov into what they viewed as a snowflake echochamber etc. They don't really care about toxxes or how it must be respected, they just wanted things to burn. Nobody whined when we violated the integrity of the toxx by giving Trump toxxers a way out.

edit: i apologize preemptively to maclaine/shengji if i missed something you guys mentioned during the whole thing, we can't reference the thread and i only remember what i posted, kinda

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Not a Step posted:

They were told they were going to be upgraded to a perma unless they renounced Trump, then they would only eat a regular probation. Trump's loss was seen as inevitable and they wanted to perma anyone who would support Trump.

And then the Hillary people were offered amnesty to 'reduce the workload' despite it actually being a massive amount of work to verify the donations.

I'm sure politics played absolutely no role

you can drone on about conspiracies all you want but lol this implies that exmarx is a Hillary supporter

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
we're approaching "baloogan is a Hillary supporter" status here

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Oh Snapple! posted:

the sticking point to me was that it was, as not a step mentioned, framed as something to cut down on the work required to push through all those toxxes while actually being quite a bit more work. that was just really :confused: and it set off bullshit alarms for folks

probably. idk to be honest we were pushing a time limit for getting bans or whatever done. how we've had months to dwell on it it's more obvious but when you're facing hundreds of bans any method to cut down a few dozen is welcome. he did what he did and it can't be changed now.

somebody from gbs I think was like I'LL DO THE WORK FOR YOU LOOK SO EASY and gave a list of supposed toxxes. I can tell you now that the list was maybe like 75% correct with plenty of people omitted/added at random

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Oh Snapple! posted:

ftr my personal opinion was that it had less to do with defending hillary's honor or whatever than it did with wanting to provide an out for regular D&D posters who made a real bad decision

as somebody who knows nothing about dnd I cannot confirm nor deny

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
oh I know this is now old news but regarding the trump toxx amnesty thing

what everyone forgets (including me,until just now) is that no toxxes were upgraded to permas, except for boosted. if you actually read the thread you can see a post at some point by an admin basically stating "um of course I'm not going to randomly perma people who probably toxxed and never read the thread again"

it was a massive scheme to permanently get rid of boosted which we kinda did eventually, thanks Mr. c-spam president

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Thoguh posted:

Says the guy who mostly used his IK powers to make C-SPAM a safe space for his views.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Boosted returns from probation on 9/11/18

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Venom Snake posted:

for the record I don't like Perez and from the beginning Iv said that Ellison should have been chair (since he has actual electoral experience) but you can't look at that utterly shook, sweating, gasping stick man and tell me that he's not collapsing like peter dauo on a 70 degree NY day

bad candidate who can only win elections in the heart of deep blue cities, sad!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i have been moving and also the last month has been godawful and my favorite candidate dropped out early, so i kinda put off looking at NJ Dem primary candidates really in depth until uh, now.

i've been on a candidate watching binge and i have opinions

Jim Johnson (or is that john jimson) -
pros: big ethics reform person, i like everything he wants to do on this subject. wants to bring back estate tax :getin:
cons: nothing much about healthcare other than "fight donny", education funding is great but doesn't talk about college, considers his favorite town to be seaside heights WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

Ray "Who?" Lesniak
pros: big environmental person, wants complete renewables by 2020 (which i think is a little... optimistic)
cons: doesn't go far enough on anything else, at all. a big believer in taking care of the olds, rather than :killing:

Phil "I Will Win" Murphy
pros: he's gonna win. direct funding to transportation please thank sweet jesus, this public bank seems interesting, increase taxes on rich
cons: he's gonna win. big time literal goldman sachs billionaire. wishy washing on healthcare, doesn't seem like he'll do much beyond nothing unless ACHA passes. takes the actual romney approach to healthcare in that regard, which i mean is fine i guess. reminds me of corzine.

John Wisniewski
pros: he is the berniebro in this election. has the entire policy suite ctrl-c from bernie's website. prosecuted bridgegate :fap:
cons: rutgers grad. i mentioned this before but he seems very ugh to me, like yeah his policies work, but he honestly runs around with something that resembles a prosecution complex and he seems very whiny. he might be a berniebro but bernie didn't even take the two minute tweet to endorse him, which is telling me something.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
wait john wisniewski wants to nuke port authority :bisonyes: but looking at his JERBS plan it's the most vague one out of the whole lot and that's saying a lot

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
gonna be honest lesniak is looking p. good, he's a longtime senator so i'm hoping he would otherwise be a mini-LBJ and he seems alright and his crusade to gently caress exxonmobil as hard as possible owns

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If my plan works out, Buttigieg will be the next governor of NJ.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i think your obsession with concerned citizen has gone too far Gene Hackman fan it's hard to tell you two apart while phoneposting

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Don't blame me I voted for Weird Unlikeable Berniebro

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Holy poo poo Wisniewski got hosed by Murphy and Jim Motherfucking Johnson

nice

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I knew I should've voted for Lesniak, he got the least amount of votes and I feel bad

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
hey centrists and leftists, both of your candidates suck now get outta my party and let us go full radical nilhilism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
voters will respond well to my candidate's message of "death is certain"

• Locked thread