Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Avshalom posted:

cohen's death has this weird feeling of impermanence to me, like any moment now his kids will announce that actually he's fine, he just needed to take a break and now he's ready for another world tour. if he descended from the skies on a beam of light on the day of trump's official usurpation of the white house i would not be surprised in the slightest. I've never felt this way about any celebrity death before and it's weirding me out, but remember i am the last and greatest prophet of the hebrews so i feel confident in saying that i will see leonard again within sixty years and probably much, much sooner depending on who australia allies with in the inevitable world war

That's kind of how I still feel about Bowie.

I just saw "Fantastic Beasts" and it's a lot of fun. Definitely recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
B

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Anime is... mostly bad.

So is musical theater, I find. (I'm a musical theater fan)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

*smashes through door* its you, Bob! youre the one mad about anime! what a twist!

Best Shyamalan film pitch in sixteen years.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

This guy is also mad

*types angrily*

It's not in all caps; therefore it's not angry.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

He's mad, Majorian, I can tell.

To be fair, I can't tell internet nonverbal cues.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

It's probably a good idea not to post in threads where everyone hates me though. Seems like the amount of those has gone up as of late.

Why is that? Legit asking, I like your posting.:confused:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

kustomkarkommando posted:

T4/T5. Its a problem I've had for years and the usual thing is antiinflammatories and ice packs and lying down a lot

Sorry to hear that. My wife had a slipped disk around those parts recently, and it was absolutely miserable.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

remember when berke said ligur should post here

fifth columnists imo

There must be consequences - perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Avshalom posted:

i am a fickle and capricious spirit

I hear that if one hangs fennel in the entrance of a D&D thread and says the correct prayers, you can't enter. Confirm/deny?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

There's no way he isn't loving with us.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GWS.gif

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

There's something charmingly 1929 about that. I wish more plutocrats would do that every time the stock market tanked.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

No museum is gonna hire you cause there's museum management degrees now and they can get volunteers for the fun stuff.

Let the boy dream.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Weeping Wound posted:

condemn MIGF to C-SPAM so he can eat 6-ers forever

I wish zoux were still around, so I could say the same thing for him.:allears:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

hell, many people make better coffee than starbucks at home every day using pre-ground coffee and filters or what have you

starbucks makes really terrible coffee

It amazes me that people think using a French press isn't extremely easy.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

merry exmarx posted:

i think he's posting less because his dad is dying of cancer

I think he's posting less because he melted down, probated a mod as IK, and the candidate he fervently backed in the primary lost to Donald Trump.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

Makes ya wonder if meltdown and dad with brain cancer were related...

zoux is in a constant state of meltdown. There's no way some alpha particles aren't being released.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

the paradigm shift posted:

hey rodatose Isis took back Palmyra so maybe you will get your prayers answered and they raze what's left of the Roman ruins

What an Orientalist post.:colbert:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The youngest Hemsworth brother is a smug little poo poo, isn't he?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

kayne is cool

sure cybercriminal class has weak stats, but once you reach trusted with the russian faction you gain the spell "summon trump presidency", the most powerful move in the game

You can also take the Wikileaks prestige class and become the toast of /pol/.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

stone cold posted:

take that was a bad band

I liked angels by Robbie Williams though

I know, right? It's pretty.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

the paradigm shift posted:

Ah yes the liberals are so mean to those poor put upon racists white working class folks who haven't voted dem since Reagan meme
Cry me a river

It's one thing to acknowledge that they're getting what they voted for, because they're out-of-touch and easily misled by demagogues like Trump. It's another to revel in someone else's suffering. That's kind of ghoulish.:stare:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Gather all your willpower and punch yourself in the dick you stupid rear end in a top hat

your monitor.

you must turn it on.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

How's your degree in Tom Clancy novels working out numbnuts

It's in Le Carre novels, get it right.:colbert:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Some pretty cool wall art

Not sure what the faces hanging down are they use to not be there.

Are they, like, prints for sale or something?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I also am all kinds of hosed up and know my limits

That also doesn't make his degree in A Clear and Present Danger less dumb

:lol: You really are trying to hurt my feelings, aren't you?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hollismason posted:

No, I think this is a memorial for transgender persons who have been killed in Chicago.

Oh, that's really nice.:unsmith:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hollismason posted:

This less rapey remix of " Baby it's Cold Outside" is kind of terrible but not because it's less rapey it's just bad.

Right?! Plus Key & Peele did it much better.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Oh I didn't hear that one.

It actually takes the song in the other direction, but the second half is funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc_F0zP9usU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gin and Juche posted:

Wrong Clancy book

I know, isn't that the drug war one? I've only seen the movie, and that was years ago, but I think Willem Dafoe was in it?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gin and Juche posted:

"Using game theory to solve the sum of all fears" a Majoran thesis

I was lucky, I was in the last class in my MA program that didn't have to write a thesis.:smug:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Randler posted:

The only ideologically correct spy fiction is Jan Guillou's Hamilton series.

Also, watch Belgian Yojimbo.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I did a couple months ago. It's radiant. Much better than the original.

e: I like how Van Damme takes up the Schwarzenagger convention of having a super-American name that doesn't match his accent.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 15, 2016

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jeremy Irons is in more horrible movies than good ones at this point, and yet by God, I still love the man.:allears:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I like your forced usage of gender neutral pronouns that doesn't sound retarded at all

You seem like a pretty bitter person bro.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Remember when you quit the thread in a huff

Seriously, what's going on, buddy? Why are you trying to hurt people here?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Randler posted:

When asked why he partook in a particularly bad movie, Jeremy Irons pointed out that he just bought a castle and those aren't cheap.

Michael Caine had an even better line about Jaws 4: "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hey binow! Glad to see you posting again.:)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

A ghost of my former posting self, really

We'll survive the next four years, duder, don't get too down.:glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Cease to Hope posted:

folks is also good if you want to sound less like you're from oklahoma and more like you're a high school guidance counselor

I had a high school English teacher who said folks a lot, and we made fun of him for it.

Now I say it.

I have become the old.

• Locked thread