Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

hagie posted:

This Gilgamesh trial sounds like a whale job.

Looking at the equipment above really makes me go "nope"

Nah it's totally new player friendly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU2NYd6Y5G0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
I booted this up yesterday on my phone and actually played the game instead of just doing the dailys and let the TM macro farm. Got to the Drowned City and unlocked Odin. So many Megacites saved up and still not 2*....

Really enjoying the story so far no clue why you guys say it's complete dogshit. Sure it's no FFVII but it's not that crappy either.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

m.hache posted:

I think I'm just going to use all my tickets and lapis on the players choice banner and then just likely quit.

I realized I haven't played the game beyond daily pulls and TM grinding in like 4 weeks.

That's just dumb. If you need a break, take a break. Come back in a couple of months and enjoy the new content. Then can you dump all of that stuff into the powercreep banner.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

rabidsquid posted:

you probably just inject the materials and cactaurs after you're done injecting the base 5*s

You cannot inject units. You can however inject Tickets and Cactuars. Probably just someone with 1000+ injected tickets.

Or just a reroller with insane luck.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

8 slots. Actually more like 930+ now

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Finally managed to beat this fucker on LVL14.

Refia is an absolute powerhouse with Camouflage up. Yun just Raging Birds all day. Key is to have res >50% on all units. Always keep Focus, Barfira and Undermine up on boss. Always top up with heals. Ling and Noctis can do their poo poo.

drat that feels good.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Chocolove all the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymx-hWG5TNI

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Okay boys, Yun is where its at. I just found a fully decked pubbie Yun and 4 rounded level 17 ELT. That's over 1m per round with 2 Yuns chaining Raging Bird.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Here is a nicely done Raid event calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UCf7jf65naJsLqVgWlMZywK2djaeHYpytiprHBh065c/edit#gid=1248627156

Use it via (File -> Make a copy) and input your stuff into the orange boxes.

With 500k points already, 7x ELT runs a day are enough to easily get all the points for the Moogle. Thats good to know. :allears:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
2 slots (switch to Soleil soon probably)

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
PSA: My dear fellow TGCID whales. Please put your highest ATK weapon in your OFFHAND. Because the damage from chain multipliers is bigger then.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Nuebot posted:

:negative: why can't I get Orlandu like all you nerds.

But you can.... :shepspends:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Varance posted:

- Beatrix is up there with Noctis and Rikku. Only thing that holds her back is that she's a hybrid character. Doesn't really matter... her attacks all have great multipliers, plus she's got Holy and Arise on the side. She needs a holy-elemental weapon like Excalibur to truly shine.

- Steiner is Beatrix lite, trading the white magic for the very basic break abilities (Armor Break, Power Break, etc). You'd want him for his TM, though, which is Excalibur II. It needs no introduction. Like Beatrix, a holy elemental weapon is a must for Steiner.

- Zidane is about on par with Lightning. As part of his 6* upgrade, he gets an item drop rate increase/encounter down passive, can dual wield daggers/throwing weaps passively (and gets a huge boost when using daggers), and has the ability to steal HP, MP and stats from enemies (and can dual cast those abilities). He's also got an AoE debuff that hits everything with every status effect in the book at a 30% chance. The downside is that he has no defense-ignoring attacks, which is why he's not rated higher.

- Vivi's 6* form is firmly in the Exdeath Dualcast Meteor club. He has a couple of passive magic buffs for when he's low on health or using a rod. His special spell is Doomsday, which is essentially a more powerful Dark-elemental version of Meteor. It's also a spell, so it can be dualcast.

!RemindMe November 1st, 2017

(Thanks for this tho)

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Cartoon Man posted:

Some are saying that Freyvia is already better than Orlandu...

I can hear their evil laughter all the way from Japan :negative:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Pretty lucky goons in this thread I better log in and daily pull while I ca-

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Servaetes posted:

Yellow!

Garnet! gently caress!

Fixed that one for you, good sir.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are there any good macros for grinding eggs?

Just create one yourself.

Snow Plains - Beast on the Plains

Xon -> Waylay -> Repeat

Boss Stage

Xon -> Waylay
Chiz -> Phantom
Chiz -> Phantom
ExDeath -> Meteor 2x
ExDeath -> Meteor 2x
Friend -> Just Click

(Turn off all Effects) Click both ExDeaths quickly, Count to 5 (21,22,...), Click Xon->Chiz->Chiz->Friend quickly

Wait 1 second between moves to create a decent buffer for Connection timing

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Varance posted:

I'm now averaging ExviusWiki, Famitsu and Altema ratings to come up with an average rating, using the Borderlands rarity colors for this update. If anyone has suggestions on color, let me know. The Famitsu ratings are structured the same as Exvius Wiki, though as of last week, they now go as high as 14.5 for units like Ayaka and Orlandeau after enhancements. Altema ratings are scaled with the assumption that a 14.5 from Famitsu is equivalent to a 100 from Altema.

I'm sure I messed something up. I'll work on an update of upcoming characters later, but I'm a bit on the fence with maintaining a list of upcoming characters that may or may not come out. All of the stuff in the tables above has already been available to Global.

Doing gods work. As far as coloring goes I really like the vanilla D&D coloring (aka Blizzard Coloring) Grey (Common) -> Green -> Blue -> Purple -> Orange (Legendary)

Can you also please do this on Google Sheets and post the link here for everyone to see? Cheers!

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Varance posted:

I've got a full roadmap of all known upcoming characters in this here spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzD9FLe60JW64CytiSiYqCZ2JjWScunjQpb2lmSw_Ok/

:five:

Please link it in the OP for all the glory it deserves!

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

2xTGC + Olive is better unless you like to gamble and force close the app when you roll a 1.

Be aware that there have been bans for force closing the app like this. Not in GL I think but still, be careful and dont cry if your account is gone if you do this regularly.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Shoenin posted:

God I hate PVAI in this game
>100% Evasion Ling

Fixed that one for you, good sir.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Random ticket pull for Zyrus.....

Yay I guess? At least that sprite is so loving cool!

Thats 3 Rainbows in ~700 pulls. Still running below average.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

The newest MEmu runs great so far. It feels snappier and it looks much more resilient to app/emulator crashing. The slow rear end stage loading is still there from the latest FFBE client update unfortunately.

http://www.memuplay.com/blog/index.php/2017/05/04/memu-3-0-for-preview/

Can confirm. Been running this for over a week and it's rocksolid. No crashes since I updated.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

edit 2 - I've been thinking about biting the bullet and maxing out unit slots. gently caress it:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Mischalaniouse posted:

I'll grind out the necessary stuff out the hard way, with no bonus units and a little help from my goons.

:same:

Get the Tix and Quartz, maybe some Mats or Cacti but thats it I guess.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

redstormpopcorn posted:

Hey goons, I've been playing just about since launch in a casual-as-hell manner. Before I put myself on the spreadsheet, which of these eligible bachelors should I set as primary leader? They're pretty much my best dudes until I can either get Freyevia capped or get CoD a decent weapon. Exdeath has taken the spot for basically forever, but I just got Luneth geared up decently and Cecil's always been there for me.

Current main team is PCecil, CoD, Exdeath, Luneth, Refia.

Also I just got MEmu set up for TMR farming yesterday; right now my TMR team is Freyevia, Shantotto, 2x Leon, and Shine. Should I swap that to 4x Ludmille, 1x[Whatever] to get Refia a Dualcast ASAP? I have a ridiculous poo poo-ton of dupes for good utility TMRs like Zidane (6x) and three Setzers.

Sup Broon, make yourself comfortable. Generally speaking you want to set your strongest 5* Base unit as a friend. Except when you have a strong 4* base bonus/event unit that you can equip for your follow broons. (for instance right now a strong Firion)

Make sure to check out the wiki for unit rankings and other good stuff http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Final_Fantasy_Brave_Exvius_Wiki

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Memu 3.0.7 released. Lets see if its as stable as 3.0.3

http://www.memuplay.com/blog/index.php/2017/05/17/memu-3-0-7-is-released/

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Rocking Memu 3.0.7.1 for about a day and so far its nothing but rock stable. Give it a shot if you have problems.

http://www.memuplay.com/blog/index.php/2017/05/17/memu-3-0-7-is-released/

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Still open for business. 5 slots for elite goons.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

PaybackJack posted:

So a while back someone was asking about enhancements and which crysts were the worst/most useless. Guard came up as a cryst that isn't particularly useful so I checked the reddit list to see who you could even spend guard crysts on. So here are the unit that can use guard crysts and some analysis. I'm not saying that you should be trying to get guard crysts but rather just looking at where we can spend the ones we get.

You forgot the most important one: Firion

Seriously good awakening for f2p / dolphin min-maxers who lack a good 5* finisher (read: me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Astrochicken posted:

Yall crazy mothers rank 100+. I am not worthy.

:frogout:

Seriously tho, just play the game and you will be 100+ in no time. Especially when TM grinding with an Emulator on your PC.

• Locked thread