Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

AegisP posted:

We're not getting Orlandu next. There are 6 banners in between now and Orlandu, not counting any new special banners like the Darkness one we just got.

I'm okay with skipping everything up to orlandu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

rio posted:

Do I get cactuars from the xp vortex? I have done that a few times but don't remember getting any.

Also if you're really hard up for cactaurs, grind whatever the highest level of the event dungeon you can grind is and just buy cactaurs from the king moogle.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Hardbody posted:

Once again, That is almost assuredly not the banner. I am predicting new units/base 5* Gilgamesh banner. Those are just the units that will have their 6 and/or 5 stars unlocked.

How good is greg then?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So has it all been mathed out whether daily pulls or an 11 pull is better?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Did they nerf Dark Knight Cecil or something without telling anyone? Because suddenly he's eating up like 3k+ of his own health to use his good moves when he wasn't before, and he was already max level and none of his equipment has been changed.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I wish the new banner would start already. I want exdeath and greg super bad.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I got a 4* Agrias. What's she do that's good? I remember people were saying she's goodish.

EDIT: Then I roll a 3* bartz. I'll take it.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Nov 25, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dias posted:

Full Break and actual decent damage output.

Edit: hey, can any of you guys hook me up with the new tmr farming macro? The one I found on Reddit doesn't really work if you're not trying to burn Lapis, as optimized as it is.

Yeah I read the wiki and laughed because I was about to awaken my vaan because I really need a full break. Now that my tilith is max level I guess I'll just give her my Rosa's hat and poo poo, awaken this Agrias and enjoy a slightly more effective party.

The new trial is still wrecking my poo poo in though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

It's actually one fight where Barrage's unfocused damage is a really, really bad thing, since you want to focus down one part at a time and under no circumstances let the flower die before everything else. CoD really shines here for two reasons - one, Call of the Void is focused, heavy damage (and if they're strapped to an Ifrit, they get Plant Killer for free), and two, Aura Ball is an AoE attack debuff, which really, really helps survivability.

Speaking of Aura Ball, is it a -30% debuff or -40%? I see conflicting statements about it.

I'm definitely going to try aura ball next time. As it stands every time I start the fight, I get like a sixth of the bar off and then the second turn they just spark chain and destroy my healers.

HGH posted:

Did an 11 pull:

drat, making me want to make an 11 pull myself. But depending on whether or not we get Dark Fina, it looks like we're getting Orlandu in two or three more banners. We skipped the other Type 0 units so we might not get those. There's a slim chance we might actually get Orlandu next, and if not then probably on christmas just basing it off the update schedule.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Shoenin posted:

God Arena this week is going to be loving terrible

If a Lightning/Luneth actually does their AOE or any of the Army of Exdeath's cast Meteo its pretty much game.

I love my dark cannon/boo! combo. Not as effective as the others but cecil does a guranteed 999 and often combos for 1k+ while boo paralyzes whole teams.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I got another paladin Cecil. Now if only I could macro. It's getting very tempting to register a facebook account just to link it to this game so I can log in on an android emulator and macro. Would that even work?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yes, you could do that.

Please don't be a fake Facebook person though. Just keep it profesh.

What's wrong with being a fake facebook person? Do you have something against us non-people?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So how does this Nox bullshit work? Every time I try the game just goes in an infinite loop of trying to connect to google play accounts.

EDIT: Got it working but the whole macro seems slightly shifted to the left slightly. Oh well, at least it works.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 28, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I got a warrior of light for my pull. I've been using my tickets from the cheap bundle too, and got a second bartz. Is it worth getting two double hands or should I fuse them to get one faster?

Since I started doing this macro poo poo my shantotto/omnirod guy team has basically doubled their TM% already.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mile'ionaha posted:

Materia Doublehand stacks with Innate Doublehand

You know who's easy to get, eventually gets Awesome, and has Innate Doublehand?

Garland.

It's definitely worth getting 2 unless you're drowning in Dual Wield/Innate Dual Wield/5* Base characters.

I don't have a garland though :(

I guess I'll shove both bartz in a party eventually, as this farm party fills out. One of my shantottos seems to be doing crazy good and is over 5% already.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'm real sad I haven't gotten an exdeath yet. The fact that the next banner is so poo poo makes me want to spend all my tickets on this one because I really want an exdeath. Even if he can't use my cool spooky hat.

What mages are better then him, anyway?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I finally just gave up and burned tickets until I got an exdeath and in the process got another bartz and another shantotto. How many loving MAG+30% should I have? Because I have 5 shantotto now.

EDIT vvv Nox is still running fine for me :shrug:

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 1, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Thanks gumi, it's not like I was psyched I finally managed to break into the 30k ranks or anything :smith: Now I'm down to the mid 40k's and dropping.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dang this event looks real lame, guys.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Lightning in Week 2 gives me hope that all our Light friends will get boosts on the stupid event drops. The sooner I can get those gigantuars and, hopefully, tickets/moogle, the sooner I can forget this event ever happened.

Yeah I'm not rolling on the banner at all unless it's lightning. The only good FFXIII characters are Sazh and Liam O'Brien's voice but he doesn't look good enough to roll for.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I took one half off pull and got Sazh. I'm okay with this. Even if he's not good.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mischalaniouse posted:

Got 96 Gear things from a clear of ELT, Trust Moogle goes for 30k/70k. Hahahah, Gumi, you are hilarious.

Yeah I just noticed some poo poo was up with that. Even with the unit bonus you get really, really underwhelming amounts of gears. At least sacred crystals drop :shepface:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Considering the gear yields are half of what BF's karma yields were (Appx. 100 per 13 EN, with rare cactuars for 500) it's honestly not even worth considering grinding this event for anything but maybe awakening materials, recipe ingredients, and gigantuars.

gently caress, I may not even grab the summon tickets at this rate.

Also factoring in that ELT is kind of poo poo. Even the BF dungeon was easy as hell to clear unless you were doing maxwell. So even if you didn't have a bonus unit, grinding it wasn't an impossible task. ELT in this is just miserable, the units have solid chunks of health so if you don't have a decent team you're not going to be having fun, any non-6* unit I bring to the match just gets instantly nuked with the first hit they take because the bosses also do a poo poo ton of damage and like one or two of them self buff if you can't wreck them in one turn. All for a payout of like 146 gears if you didn't get Snow.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Vax posted:

This is seriously laughable. Reddit says the events are exactly the same as in JP. So I'm not sure why we haven't heard any rumblings earlier that events are going to be poo poo in the future. Even the 1300 NRG you need for the Cactuars are not worth it. You can get double that XP by running ~108 Maranda Runs for 6480000 XP (100x Cact = 3000000). Hell you could just run XP Vortex and break even NRG/XP wise. And if even the Cactuars are not worth it nothing basically is worth getting. Just a quick calculation, for the NRG you need for the 70k Moogle you could get a whole team 39% TM. That's right.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Because with the macro I get 1-2 full percentage on my farm team every energy bar I use. I'm up to like 10%-12% now so that's cool, it really doesn't seem worth it to farm this event at all unless you have some kind of huge hardon for FFXIII. I was tempted to go for the cactaur to level up my exdeath fast but this event blows so hard I might as well just do the exp vortex, at least there's not a chance I'll have one boss live at 1% to nuke my whole team the next turn.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Wow holy poo poo, according to reddit they tripled or more the cost of everything in this event. The 6000 abilities only cost like 1200 in JP.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 2, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'm just stepping out of any non no-healing arena from now on. I really hate doing 99% damage to a whole team in one turn then just having them all healed to full the next unless I get to go first.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I got a rock another Sazh.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You know, I really like the FF XIII battle music. It wasn't a bad game, it was super linear like I remember X being.

It's me, I'm the guy who likes experimental and different stuff in my media.

XIII's music owned and I really liked the visual style. Even the characters weren't that bad, excepting Hope and Vanille. I honestly liked it and XIII-2 though for very different reasons. XIII-2 legit has my favorite ending in any final fantasy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Vax posted:

Professor Powercreep is go

:negative: if only I had dual wield.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mrit SA posted:

If you didn't have WoL already, you will love that pull in a month or two.
I still don't have him. :(

I got him a while ago. What's good about him? Or becomes good about him.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

So if you have Cecil and WoL, you can pick a tank that can Curaja or a tank that can Mega Break in 2 turns.

:getin:

Tough choice then. Why can't I have more party slots.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

Since they turned healers back on, I have yet to see a whale team take down my Refia at 7200 HP, boosted with the bonus. They've come close on a dual turn, got her down to almost 1000. I then had her dual cast curaja and Cecil used his as well to triple Curaja her almost to full, lol.

The only way they'll get her is if they hit her with whatever that poo poo is that drains your MP to zero, hasn't happened yet.

This is exactly why I don't do heal arenas. I'm the only person without a refia.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:negative: I really wanted dual wield so I threw all my tickets at the FFV banner trying for a gilgamesh and got a ton of shantottos, another Faris and another Exdeath. I mean cool I'll be able to have two exdeaths loaded out with omnirods and Mag+30% but oh man.

So speaking of Mag+30%, how do those stack? Can I just slap like five on a dude?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tagichatn posted:

Are you really going to farm 4 TMs for one character?

I have 8 shantotto. Only 3 arc though, so I couldn't get a double dual wield exdeath party going on if the game stopped not giving me gilgameshes.

MohShuvuu posted:

yup, unless you have Exdeath. 3 or 4 L&A is better for him with an Enhancer

What are any of these things?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

L&A - or "Letters and Arms" - is Ingus's Trust Mastery reward, which offers +50% (base) MAG when wielding a sword. It can be stacked like raw +Stat materia can, which is the only way it isn't garbage. Enhancer is the sword from the Intangir trial, which offers a piddly amount of MAG (compared to a rod), but still offers some.

Exdeath is a tree man who can call meteors to murder things.

Oh, I never got an Ingus so that would be why I didn't know what that was. No excuse for not remembering Enhancer though. :shrug: My current shantotto team is up to 16% around the board though, so you know. Like 1/8th of the way there!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tengames posted:

Gumi has been doing some of the banners out of order and a few with different characters (we actually got a better ff5 banner since the JP one didnt have bartz and exdeath on it )

The JP banner, according to the the exvius wiki had Orlandu, Soleil, Lawrence, and Ovelia, with orlandu being the only base 5. We might see gumi stack it with razma and friends, just to lower the odds since people are gonna megawhale for it.

Maybe they'll listen to my prayers and give us some global exclusive tactics advance characters or something.

:( I really like tactics advance, guys.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Vax posted:

There was an announcement that they are aware of the situation and are monitoring it closely. Whatever that means. Maybe some strays got banned but there hasn't been the usual cryout that comes from big ban waves like recently in Overwatch.

I wouldn't risk it on my main account currently.

I assume anyone who tries any big time bullshit will be banned from here on out. But you could probably do some small side stuff and get away with it. I wouldn't try making fake lapis though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'm going to save my attack pots for Orlandu. Once my exdeath hits 6* I'm going to feed my mag pots to him. Is SPR just for healing?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

rio posted:

Any advice where to get gil and lots of it? I got 35 gigantuars from gears and realized, poo poo I don't have any gil. Should I be getting it in the vortex or is there a better way?

I sell event currency. They're usually worth a lot and are easy to obtain in large numbers once you've finished buying what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Vax posted:

Still around 15 slots available for some ExBro fun. (He is at 660 now)

How did you get him to wear a hat?

EDIT: I got a blue crystal that reformed into a gold that reformed into a rainbow and exploded into ramza for my daily. Well, thanks game! I hear he gets a really good buff later on, but is there anyone in particular still better than him?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Dec 7, 2016

• Locked thread