Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"
Holy poo poo this game is good again. New ops eventually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Have a ~hard~ time believing in road-maps from those people.

Edit: Favela is awesome.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Yeah I'll believe the new ops when I see them. The game IS better at least.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Pretty sure they are down to one developer and his cat at this point.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Siege is actually winning by a tiny (350) margin!

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Macie Jay got banned for cheating.

https://www.twitch.tv/macie_jay

He is currently flipping out and denying everything. :iiam:

That's interesting. I wonder if they would be willing to post proof when they ban the big streamers.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Got my second Blitz ace this week while playing with goons last night, I feel like whatever they did to the hit-boxes is working. I wish they would get that hit-reg sorted out, though.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Fusion Restaurant posted:

What are the best attackers/defenders if I mostly just like running around shooting people with my m1, and not so much using complicated traps or what have you?

blitz and smoke.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Azran posted:

Hey guys, just bought the Starter Edition. Which Ops should I unlock with my starting R6 creds? I got Mute and Sledge.

I feel like the OP needs to have a large bold text saying DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION, BUY THE FULL VERSION rather than the current mild warning about the grind.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

my kinda ape posted:

There are lots of people that use both so really it's just a preference as to what program you prefer.

Discord goons smell

Discord is better tech and new user friendly. People that refuse to upgrade from mumble are typically fairly spergy (see: Mechwarrior Online and Eve goons)

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

I had a match last night where the enemy Caviera was -10500 points by the time the match started because all she did was teamkill someone and then down and pick up the hostage over and over again. You'd think it would kick/ban people at oh I dunno, negative 1000 points but I guess not.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Ularg posted:

Could you not just have enough people in a team to keep those kind of people from getting kicked? I know I've seen it before whenever a 3-man team decides their pugs are no good.

In this case Caviera was on the enemy team with a friend of his, so they both teamkilled one guy each and then cav went to work bothering the hostage. The fifth guy on their team saw the shitshow and quit the match. It ended up being an easy 3:0 because there wasn't much of a team to fight. And the other people couldn't get the 4 votes to kick anyone since it was a 2 man group with an assortment of sad pubbies.

I get that hard considers people ruining matches a non-issue but it's kind of lovely that 2 people can ruin the match for 8 people without much effort and the game doesn't have a sense of "Hey maybe negative 10k points and teamkills are bad and should be punished with a kick/temp ban."

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Hard posted:

Nice sass, i was referring to the -1000 point issue and you didn't mention she had a friend doing the same thing but hey you do you.

The -1000 point issue IS the issue, as in players ruining matches for 8+ other people for kicks. But hey stick to the flippant responses (Clearly better at it than game development).

Sterling_Archer fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 15, 2017

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

lmao. When did this become the Ubisoft employee jerkoff thread and not any other thread in Games where people post things about games, to include problems with the game?

It ruined the match by making it a very boring 3:0.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Mechwarrior Online has a decent system for this. It rolls four maps and two game modes that players on both teams can vote on before the match starts. If a thing you (or your party leader in the case of a party) voted on doesn't win you slowly build up a multiplier until you can 8x or whatever a vote and win a good (or bad) map/mode for sure.

All maps are fun maps in casual, be a shame to remove them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://streamable.com/xmk02

Diamond level player, knows exactly where I am, shoots shield. Shoots me when I flee cover as they know where I'm going to go. The only thing that throws me off is aiming exactly where I am through the wall. I'm perfectly fine with saying this is a legit Good Player.

But then I looked at his stats.

https://r6db.com/profile/04a0f2c9-2fe8-4cc9-ad73-bbc6af0df97e/simple

Silver in season 1 and 2, then nothing til season 6 where they are a Diamond. 112 wins, 2 losses in US. 40 wins, 3 losses in Europe. General stats don't match up with new Ranked stats.

Is it a legit Diamond and this is just their smurf account they came back to?

That boy be cheatin'

• Locked thread